Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool PETA to offer a $15,000 reward for a Grand Canyon Squirrel Kicker

Yeah...

I find it funny tho....people eat those animals every day. Its pretty much like kicking a chicken of a cliff. A waste of food tho.

On August 2nd, 2014, Jon Hildebrand of Virginia posted a video to YouTube which showed two men at the Grand Canyon, one of whom kicked a squirrel over the edge. The video was quickly taken down. Hildebrand explained his state of mind when taking the video to the Associated Press, saying:

""I was in such utter shock. I thought, ‘Do people do this at the Grand Canyon?’ "

Hildebrand also explained at least one of the men was speaking French.

The video was quickly taken down and put up again by AP News also on August 2nd, within a week the video has gained over 250,000 views.

Park’s Response

On August 4th, 2014, the Grand Canyon National Park officially stated they were looking into the incident, with Kirby-Lynn Shedlowski, a parks spokeswomen explaining:

“It is under investigation. We are working with YouTube to see if we can get any additional information.”

The investigation was covered by many news sites including Jezebel, Daily Mail and Fox News.

PETA Reward

On August 8th, 2014, The Independent published an article titled “Squirrel kick video: £10,000 reward offered to track down French men who kicked squirrel into Grand Canyon.” The article explained animal rights group PETA was offering a reward of $16,870 to whoever can aid the police in finding the two men in the squirrel video. The reward was a result of branches of PETA in France, the United States and the United Kingdom pooling their resources. The article went on to explain that if the men are caught, they could be forced to pay up to a $5,000 fine or spend up to six months in jail.

I wonder if someone made a video game abauth this already.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Instead of spending the 15000 bucks towards stopping actually meaningful horrific acts such as whaling, or assholes keeping killer whales in captivity (those American water zoos whatever they are), let's waste it on finding some moron kicking a single squirrel to it's death. Way to go, PETA.

People are going hungry in our nation, but let's spend 15 grand to avenge a squirrel. Priorities: we need to get some. I'm certainly not condoning what this dipshit did, but my God...let it go.

Deleted
    He is fucked in the head if he kicks animals to death for fun.

Deleted
    What the fuck is wrong with this guy? What a scumbag...

10+ Year Old Account
    At least thats money they won't be using to fund terrorism.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

What the hell is this shitty ass microsoft sam narrated video? Also lol PITA

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Instead of spending the 15000 bucks towards stopping actually meaningful horrific acts such as whaling, or assholes keeping killer whales in captivity (those American water zoos whatever they are), let's waste it on finding some moron kicking a single squirrel to it's death. Way to go, PETA.
    an aquatic zoo keeping killer whales is more horrific than someone kicking a squirrel into a several hundred foot drop to its death?

Deleted
    surprised the 4chan population have not yet found him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    an aquatic zoo keeping killer whales is more horrific than someone kicking a squirrel into a several hundred foot drop to its death?
    Infinitely more so.

Some people have some serious evil inside them.

I feel sorry for the squirrel (horrible way to die) but a $15k reward to slap some guy's wrist for being an asshole is a bit much. That money should be put to better use like a shelter or something rather than trying to buy info so they can avenge a squirrel.

Deleted
    Who the hell eats squirrels?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    surprised the 4chan population have not yet found him.
    Maybe they haven't gotten around to it yet? Though they are pretty good at this stuff.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it was frenchmen. Still bitter about the battle of waterloo and taking it out on the squirrels, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    I shot a squirrel with a B.B. gun at age 7 and my father made me cook the thing and eat it. It wasn't that bad tasting, actually.

Meanwhile, PETA continues to euthanize animals left and right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Canadian surely? I can't believe a French chap would wear that hat in public.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Lots of people .... Pretty sure there was a recipe for squirrels in The Joy of Cooking at one point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh poor little thing, would like to kick him off

Horrible person, yet waste of money too. Even something like $2,000 would of been worth it to some people, and he could of been fined for more.