Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Russia taking distance?
    They have rejected the black boxes as well. Guess they are going to Kiev now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Russia taking distance?
    Yeah I just listened to this live. The guy talked some stuff about how "noone knows anything at all because the box hasn't been examined" which is patently false because the box won't tell us anything, and we can already ascertain some stuff. However it did strike pretty hard that this guy was basically saying "it's not us". His part about suspicion being on the Ukrainian army however isn't true, more suspicion is on the Russians but it could be true at least.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    They have rejected the black boxes as well. Guess they are going to Kiev now.
    That's a smart move, and shows good intentions. The Russians are so far handling this crisis well. Let's hope everyone involved remains calm, and let an independent international committee find out what really happened, so the relatives of the victims get closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    No the other poster meant European Union and since you mentioned Netherlands, i replied to that too. And again, Russia can find food elsewhere, EE needs Russian gas. Also, go check the latest Ru-China gas deal and the new pipes that will be getting build next few months.
    There is nothing more to it.
    The original poster posted a link with direct stat comparison between the Netherlands and Russia. What does that have to do with Europe.

Also, think of it as a store for a moment. We need the store for our supplies but the store also needs customers. And the Chinese alone wont fill that gap if Russia would decide to embargo Europe. This means no money to buy food. And how would they import food from other places. All the large ports are in Europe.

It is not as simple as shutting off the gas. Again, why during the cold war it also didnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Also I don't understand what kind of twat would allow a commercial civilian plane to fly above a warzone, even if its 10KM above the ground.
    From what I've heard, they had to divert the flight further north than usual because of heavy turbulence. There wasn't any no-fly zone at that altitude, only at altitudes in range of shorter distance AA fire.

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    And what did I dismiss?

Edit: Oh god, one small post that discredits Kiev and I get eaten alive by piranhas
    No...no. You didn't discredit Kiev. The fact that you even think exclusively in those terms is the problem. You asserted nonsense, and that's why you're "getting eaten alive". You aren't a victim of anything except your own nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    No...no. You didn't discredit Kiev. The fact that you even think exclusively in those terms is the problem. You asserted nonsense, and that's why you're "getting eaten alive". You aren't a victim of anything except your own nonsense.
    But this thread is full of non-sense anyway. So why not post another one? Same shit, different taste, y'know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergy View Post
    From what I've heard, they had to divert the flight further north than usual because of heavy turbulence. There wasn't any no-fly zone at that altitude, only at altitudes in range of shorter distance AA fire.
    That's bs. You never divert a flight over a war zone - ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else finds this news rather suspicious:

18:00: Donetsk rebel leader Alexander Borodai has tweeted to say that another senior rebel figure in Donetsk, Denis Pushilin, has resigned. No explanation given.
    Planes fly over war zones everywhere, please let's not go there again. This has been debunked already several times. There was no no-fly zone at an altitude of 33.000 ft. While I agree with you it's probably not the smartest thing to do, and there were other companies avoiding the area, it however is not a valid reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    But this thread is full of non-sense anyway. So why not post another one? Same shit, different taste, y'know.
    At this point you're discrediting even the Russian side of this and making a fool of yourself.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Because the flavor you offer is crazy nonsense and doesn't sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Because the flavor you offer is crazy nonsense and doesn't sell well.
    So when I post some anti-Russian or pro-Kiev non-sense, it will sell? Got it.

You wouldn't intentionally change route to fly over a war zone for the sake of it but civilian aircraft do often fly over war zones unless a specific no fly zone has been declared. What do you think happens in Africa and the middle east ? Lots of wars going on there... Can't avoid that area.

Or how about this ? http://rt.com/news/rockets-russian-plane-syria-575/ A RUSSIAN plane attacked with anti aircraft weapons over Syria... A current active war zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Please proceed with your own advice. If everything you were able to do after lurking it is posing some ad hominem attacks (being offtopic), it is not good for this thread at all. We are trying to make a conversation here, not throwing the dirt in each other.
    I do not intend to answer to you or quote you any further since you are making me to offtop as well which I'd like to avoid. Please do the same (and yeah, hope you will be back to lurking).
    Your Google understanding of ad hominem attacks shows that you read threads, look up the word, and then loosely associate it into your posts. I'm going to watch you and point out the rest of the misinformation you spread going forward. It's the least I could do to keep this thread on topic!

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    At this point you're discrediting even the Russian side of this and making a fool of yourself.
    I think we are all making fool of ourselves by speculating on who shot down the airplane.

No, see the reactions the Daily Mail article got.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

No, when you offer some factual or even thoughtful contribution it will sell. Repeatedly posting some unproven bullshit about a Spanish ATC declaring that Ukranian planes were nearby undermines your credibility. It calls into question your ability to contribute in a meaningful way. It's not a high bar you have to meet, but it's entirely in your control whether you do meet it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    You wouldn't intentionally change route to fly over a war zone for the sake of it but civilian aircraft do often fly over war zones unless a specific no fly zone has been declared. What do you think happens in Africa and the middle east ? Lots of wars going on there... Can't avoid that area.

Or how about this ? http://rt.com/news/rockets-russian-plane-syria-575/ A RUSSIAN plane attacked with anti aircraft weapons over Syria... A current active war zone.
    That's why i say you don't wanna fly a war zone ever.

I think we are all making fool of ourselves by speculating on who shot down the airplane.
    There is credible evidence that the missile was fired from separatist held eastern Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you trying to take the high ground on some little enlightened pedestal or something, the arbiter of knowledge and discussion? Go read some of your posts on this thread and cringe. "We should listen to every news source no matter what" you cant honestly believe that rubbish. Weren't you even discrediting Russia Today earlier? Thought we had to listen to all news sources?

When you offer something factual or even closely resembling a conscious thought then come back. Speculating that seperatists of some denomination fired this missile is actually really credible.