New to pet battles.... a question about where to find magic family pets.

I just started pet battles 3 nights ago. I have a couple of pets at level 16 and 17. I have yet to find a magic based pet. The highest level I have fought yet, is the battle pet tamer quest in Searing Gorge. I think those were level 15ish. I barely won, after losing the first time. So I know I am not ready to move onto the battle in Swamp of Sorrows. And, for that, I read that it is much easier if you have a magic family pet.

So, where do I find those?

BTW, just as an aside, since I can't stand leveling in MoP again, I started the pet battles at 60% into level 88, and am now 25% into level 89, and plan to go to 90 by only doing pet battles. Sure it will take longer, but at least, I hope, I don't have to visit Dread Wastes again to quest to 90.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/petspecies=6#petspecies

This should help.

You can buy this guy at level 1 in Netherstorm: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=20408
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Thank you. Much obliged.

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're welcome
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

15+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Eye around karazhan,or use Lil'Tarecgosa with magic spells if you can get this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    Arcane Eye around karazhan,or use Lil'Tarecgosa with magic spells if you can get this one.
    Thank you.... not only so many eyes there, and I now have one, but in about 6 minutes I gained over 1M XP.

Also, you don't have to capture one - you can use any regular pet as a battle pet (with a very small number of exceptions).

You can also level a level 1 pet really fast by fighting creatures way above its level. Example - put your level 16 and 17 pets in your pet slots along with the level one you want to powerlevel. Then go fight something say, level 15. Hit it once with your level 1 and then swap it out and finish the fight with one or both of your other pets. XP is shared so if you can do it with just one pet it's even better. XP doesn't scale with level so your level 1 will shoot up in level really fast. The only thing to beware of is that your pet doesn't die instantly before getting a tag - there are some abilities like the Darkmoon Zeppelin's Decoy that protect it from damage, or you can just hope you get lucky. Or fight a lower level pet.

Also try to beat the pet battle masters if you can, they give a lot of XP for their level. But can be tricky if you don't have the right pet types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Also, you don't have to capture one - you can use any regular pet as a battle pet (with a very small number of exceptions).

You can also level a level 1 pet really fast by fighting creatures way above its level. Example - put your level 16 and 17 pets in your pet slots along with the level one you want to powerlevel. Then go fight something say, level 15. Hit it once with your level 1 and then swap it out and finish the fight with one or both of your other pets. XP is shared so if you can do it with just one pet it's even better. XP doesn't scale with level so your level 1 will shoot up in level really fast. The only thing to beware of is that your pet doesn't die instantly before getting a tag - there are some abilities like the Darkmoon Zeppelin's Decoy that protect it from damage, or you can just hope you get lucky. Or fight a lower level pet.

Also try to beat the pet battle masters if you can, they give a lot of XP for their level. But can be tricky if you don't have the right pet types.
    Thanks for the heads up on leveling. I would not have thought of that..... also, I have completed the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor quests. I have two up at level 22 now, and 1 at 19. Leveling my 89 priest is flying along now..... probably way faster than questing.

Deleted
    Nordrasil Wisp in Mount Hyjal is a very good Magic Pet. You will probably use it a lot in future battles. And it's easy to get a rare, cause there are plenty of wisps in Hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurae View Post
    Nordrasil Wisp in Mount Hyjal is a very good Magic Pet. You will probably use it a lot in future battles. And it's easy to get a rare, cause there are plenty of wisps in Hyjal.
    ^ this is how i levelled many pets while trying to find a good blue.

Deleted
    I use the slimes / oozes a lot, like the Jade Oozeling from a cave in Hinterlands, or the Oily-Something from Borean.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurae View Post
    Easy to get a rare. Hard to get a rare with good typings