Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Other Raid" Queue Incorrectly

So today I ran into something I've seen before, but never dealt with anyone in a negative way until now.

I was doing a Flex raid, and saw a pretty geared Tank in the queue, So instead of just inviting him, I messaged him personally, and he then started making smart ass remarks that I should read his comment, that stated he was looking for a different Flex, and specific bosses, and I should "learn to read" and the like.

Now I know I can read comments, but if you're in a queue for something, you should not be shocked/annoyed/mad/upset or anything else negative when someone invites you, or messages you regarding it.

His only argument was "more exposure" but continued to believe he was in the right for being an asshole about it, when he was clearly in the wrong, because he was in the wrong queue.

anyone else deal with this type of situation? Anyone guilty of this that care to explain/justify how you think you're in the right for queueing for something you don't need?

A lot of people use the flex part of "other raid" finder to find normal, or even hc groups as the normal raid section isn't crossrealm for some reason. And it seems to be quite common to queue for all flexes even though you're really just looking for normal run from a certain boss onwards.

The notes are there for a reason, so "learn to read" does sound like a reasonable reply to me.
    Last edited by sajaki; 2014-07-18 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is annoying as hell, really. I bet he was queued for more, some does that too to get noticed.

But recieving HC or normal invites when waiting for flex is just annoying. Quite abusing of the system really, think some here call it scavanging. They look around for people who has posted their ilvl in the notes and then try to snatch them.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-18 at 10:40 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

not at all --his comment clear stated what he wanted , I go to the other raid tab to find players when I need to fill spots in my guild raid . While he was rude about it,and there is never an excuse for being rude, he was totally correct in what he did .

The more you list your name the better chance you have of picking up what you want, Its not abusing the system at all if you clearly state what you want in the notes

It is abusing the system. You queue for something you DON'T want, regard less of their note. I see a tank and I need a tank, expect an invite, or a message, and don't be a damn child when asked for something you don't want.

Now, if I was looking for people for Flex 3, and was digging through Flex 4 queue, I would understand the annoyance.

My point is, if you don't want it, don't queue for it, save everyone the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    It is abusing the system. You queue for something you DON'T want, regard less of their note. I see a tank and I need a tank, expect an invite, or a message, and don't be a damn child when asked for something you don't want.

Now, if I was looking for people for Flex 3, and was digging through Flex 4 queue, I would understand the annoyance.

My point is, if you don't want it, don't queue for it, save everyone the trouble.
    you are not Queuing - you are listing your name . if you were queuing you would automatically be put in a group . People have to understand this , its totally different from LFR and LFD queuing system.

The system is being refined further for 6.0 so these things wont be a problem , but at the moment it is the best option for people looking for normal mode raids , and as I said above I use it to fill gaps in my guild raid when we are short , so its working well
    Last edited by Sul; 2014-07-19 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    you are not Queuing - you are listing your name . if you were queuing you would automatically be put in a group . People have to understand this , its totally different from LFR and LFD queuing system
    Yes, but if you are listing yourself for X, then when someone invites you to X, saying "fuck off I'm not interested in X" just makes you a gigantic e-putz.

Conversely, it also pisses me off being spammed with normal invites when the last thing I want in the fucking world is to be invited to some pug loot drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Yes, but if you are listing yourself for X, then when someone invites you to X, saying "fuck off I'm not interested in X" just makes you a gigantic e-putz.

Conversely, it also pisses me off being spammed with normal invites when the last thing I want in the fucking world is to be invited to some pug loot drama.
    how hard is it to read someones comment ? Until the fix in 6.0 its the only option people have

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Anyone guilty of this that care to explain/justify how you think you're in the right for queueing for something you don't need?
    While I don't condone his reaction, he did have comments listed, and was using more than one outlet to get noticed. Had you read his comments, you might have avoided this person, and his attitude entirely. Fairly certain you will be more careful in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    how hard is it to read someones comment ? Until the fix in 6.0 its the only option people have
    How hard is it NOT to list yourself for something you DON'T want to be invited to?

You have the option not to do it wrong.

You have the option to use OQ and OR.

You have the option not to be a dick, although, who would want that?

It is kind of annoying to get invited to carry people in a flex when you have a note posted stating that you are in the que for something completely different. However Blizzard should fix the other ques and then add some kind of (deserter buff) for those who choose to incorrectly que. Until functionality is repaired to the other ques though people only have out of game fan sites and addons to rely upon to find pug players without using the in game que not for it's intended purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    While I don't condone his reaction, he did have comments listed, and was using more than one outlet to get noticed. Had you read his comments, you might have avoided this person, and his attitude entirely. Fairly certain you will be more careful in the future.
    also the person complaining might have been the 25th undergeared player looking for an easy run from the geared tank and he just finally had enough with polite responses.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    How hard is it NOT to list yourself for something you DON'T want to be invited to?

You have the option not to do it wrong.

You have the option to use OQ and OR.

You have the option not to be a dick, although, who would want that?
    you are NOT listing yourself for something you don't want , the comments tyou write tells people exactly what you want , if I am doing flex wing 1 and ONLY want to do sha my comments will say so , by your way of thinking I shouldn't list myself at all unless I want to do all the wing .

Same goes with ordos and celestials , by your logic all us Oceanic people shouldn't be able to list because we have to put a comment saying oceanic groups only --because we share the list with north Americans but cant join their raids and they cannot join ours because we cannot see the other raid members or attack the same boss as them-yet even though we all put oceanic in our comments we still get invites from NA realms .

As a raid leader I read all comments and check all people in the list before starting inviting --its not hard .

Being rude to someone about it , as I have said in other posts is a totally different thing -no excuse for it --if you are invited to something you don't want just say something like " no thanks , I only want xxxx , good luck with your run "

As for using OQ and Openraid --tried it many times ,99% of players there are so rude and don't last 10 seconds in our guild raid before we kick them --why use something like that anyway when there is a good enough system in game .

and again --the other raid tab IS NOT A QUEUE . it is a list of names raid leaders can browse through and pick people they want in their run and where people can list themselves with comments on what they want to run . If the normal mode tab in the list actually worked then that's what people who wanted normal mode only would use -- but at the moment it doesn't work cross realm so they use the flex mode lists

10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't matter if they put a note, people should treat each other with respect.

karma folks. its real.
    Hi

Have you ever queued as a tank before? You get spammed with whispers. You could have been the bigger man and said "my bad dude" that would have ended it right there! You don't always have to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    also the person complaining might have been the 25th undergeared player looking for an easy run from the geared tank and he just finally had enough with polite responses.
    This too, is possible. I have a guildmate who is stacked like a one-man raid boss, and the only tank I've ever encountered with 885k unbuffed. He's not an especially nice person, and has been known to be "blunt" when telling the undergeared he is not there to carry anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadNeos View Post
    Have you ever queued as a tank before? You get spammed with whispers.
    This. Worst time is when your in the middle of a fight, and suddenly some random guy from another server starts whispering "Hey! Why aren't you accepting my raid invite? You AFK or something?" and the like. And when you get bombarded with them, you start to get cranky. And when you get cranky; bad attitude happens.

7+ Year Old Account
    At least, the 6.0 group finder should fix this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    This. Worst time is when your in the middle of a fight, and suddenly some random guy from another server starts whispering "Hey! Why aren't you accepting my raid invite? You AFK or something?" and the like. And when you get bombarded with them, you start to get cranky. And when you get cranky; bad attitude happens.
    IDK if the default UI does it, but I use LFRAdvanced. It lists the zone the people are in so I can avoid bothering people who are in a raid already since the game doesn't unlist people automatically.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-07-19 at 10:30 PM.

to quote the tank himself, the tank should learn to read, he's the one listed in the wrong section. Being geared doesnt give him the right to be a total dickhead.
    That being said i use it too sometime to find normal group or player for normal run, and too got often asked if i want to join a flex group or a run at the wrong boss or fresh flex 4 when im looking only for a garrosh kill and if someone want me to join something else i simply say "no" period, no need being a dramatic ass hole about that, if you dont want to interact with anyone just dont use this tool in the wrong section and search on open raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    All the time, except it's people queueing for normal and trying to get me to join their 'Galakras kill' or some such shit. I don't freaking need Galakras!

My main irritation though is when people invite me and when I ask them if it's for the boss I'm after in my notes they don't reply and instead continue to invite me.