Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I can't say, sota and silvershard mines are blacklisted for me due to being hopeless as Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Think about what the common denominator in all of the games you played in was... hmm..?
    The Horde had brains.

Having recently switched from Alliance to Horde, it's really clear the differences. Alliance seems to really have issue focusing on objectives while most the time they dominate kills and damage, they're mostly new players who don't really know what they're doing or pro pvpers playing Human yelling at the new players for not knowing what to do while they farm HKs in mid. Horde's just capable of focusing on objectives rather than just killing.

That being said, I notice a significant different in win ratios depending on when I'm playing. Alliance does far better during the afternoon and Horde picks it up in the evening through the night. (Aus time, too lazy atm to convert for you Americans/Europeans)

It's funny you mention this, I liked this BG back in the day - it was close to 50/50 split as best i remember. Came back for some MoP action, been paying bgs and i notice I am never in a winning group for Strand of the Ancients. Well -- I'm sure its just an anomaly... 10ish games later.... yep still havent won one of these.

Luckily there is this nifty new feature where as I never have to step foot in the bg map again. And so it has been since then.

OP no idea what happned, but yes aliance no longer wins this bg.
    Last edited by slime; 2014-08-24 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Think about what the common denominator in all of the games you played in was... hmm..?
    If the team's victory hangs on just one person, then the team was pretty terrible to begin with.

My main issue with BGs is that whether you win or lose, it's always a stomp either way. It gives you practically no time to finish any of the achievements.

I maintain that it's probably fucking impossible to get Battlemaster anymore without a mostly full premade group to hold the flow of the BG to a more even pace.

Look guys:

Hord has the most PvP focused players, and alliance has the worst average players. This is not some sterotype, thats just the truth sadly. Atleast from my POV, Im battlemaster, with above 100k HK's.

We can only win IOC and AV, so queu specific for thoes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TRENCHCRAFT View Post
    My main issue with BGs is that whether you win or lose, it's always a stomp either way. It gives you practically no time to finish any of the achievements.

I maintain that it's probably fucking impossible to get Battlemaster anymore without a mostly full premade group to hold the flow of the BG to a more even pace.
    This so much. Im glad Im done with battlemaster a long time ago. Premades should be re-made, lets us queu with full 10, 15, 40 mans raids.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    There seem to be many more twinks in pvp on alliance. Ally players seem to like equipping multiple chars for pvp, while horde are often fully geared mains who farm coins or hks in small premades. The result is predictable. Regarding sota:

Alliance have a hard time adapting to the bomb changes. They greatly overestimate the effort it takes to bring down a gate with bombs. They don't make use of abilities that allow them to plant bombs undisturbed (subterfuge was mentioned), they don't know they can plant the bomb between the pillars while los-ing casters, they don't know demolishers can be slowed or cleansed, and so forth. That's also why they let the horde take down the first gate in seconds, then chase them frantically without being able to catch up to them. They just don't expect the bombs to be so effective.

I noticed something similar in Kotmogu, where the alliance seems to have I idea what to do with the orbs. They don't usually pick them up, and if they do pick them up, they have that frustrating tendency to run outside and to the edges of the map, instead of the middle, even if not a single horde is in there. Add to that that they seem unaware of the stacking (de)buff the orbs place on its carrier, and you'll have 4 oneshottable hordies in the middle, and 10 alliance jumping around the pit /loling instead of attacking them.

Deleted
    Another example of how faction has literally nothing to do with win ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLedge View Post
    Another example of how faction has literally nothing to do with win ratios.
    But hord does win more than alliance. I swear, I never seem to win anything but IOC and AV, and if alliance does win 1 BG, its not gonna be another win the next time for damn sure. And this seems to have only gotten worser since wow has aged. It basicly started when blizzard offered faction migrating, and other things to pour pvp-focused players into the "pvp faction" aka hordes.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Haven't done strand in awhile and I play on US servers, but US alliance NEVER wins mines. Doing the legendary questline on 4 toons I won less than 10% of the time. Pretty frustrating.

Deleted
    Hello? Why do you think Blizzard is buffing Alliance racials like crazy for Warlords of Draenor, all the while only nerfing the Horde ones? The new racials are absolutely sick for PvP and even PvE, and WoD should see a large number of competitive people faction change to alliance again.

This is all a hope to get some balance to the factions again. Horde has throughout WoW's history been the 'cool pew pew guys' faction. You can use any metric for it. One of the most fun ones is the amount of high quality Rogue or Warlock PvP videos. Literally 95% or more of them are of Horde players.

Deleted
    I win just over 50% at SOTA over hundreds of bg's as an ally mage. That's better than average, but not that much better.

Basically if you are seeing a long losing streak it is just randomness-humans aren't well equipped to accept randomness.

I play as Horde mainly, but for the last year I leveled up a couple of alliance 90s and have been doing BGs on them because the queue time is almost instant.

The OP is DEAD ON. Alliance literally goes full retard on SotA, EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.
    And what is the most funny thing about this FACT is that this is the most balanced BG in the game.
    So, what's the problem? It's pretty easy, but it took me awhile to figure out.... Alliance players do not try on this BG, much like Horde and AV. Oh sure, SOME try, but when the entire horde team assumes they are going to win and everyone tries, and the alliance team assume they are going to lose and only 1/3 try, then you are going to lose.

Basically, it's a case of self fulfilling prophecy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hear it. Maybe you should play on a U.S. server (if possible)?

Alliance seem to win a majority of games I play. Without fail, I've gone on 10 games at different time periods,
    U.S East coast, Horde loses at least 7/10 games. The three wins aren't guaranteed btw.

You losing Sota every game is not the same as Alliance losing it every game.

I'm horde EU. I've played Eots 303 times. I've won it 81 times. What does that do with your stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redderz1 View Post
    You losing Sota every game is not the same as Alliance losing it every game.

I'm horde EU. I've played Eots 303 times. I've won it 81 times. What does that do with your stats?
    Nah, SOTA is terrible as Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vornos1 View Post
    Nah, SOTA is terrible as Alliance.
    As alliance (queuing solo):
    Strand of the Ancients battles 244
    Strand of the Ancients victories 125