Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Problem with multiple difficulties is its part of gearing process. Level up, do LFR to get gear, do flex to get more gear, do normal, then do heroic. Too much repetition of same content.
    If you do LFR to gear up you won't be doing Heroic or Mythic so you will only be doing LFR and Normal. No Mythic level raider does LFR or Normal to gear up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    If you do LFR to gear up you won't be doing Heroic or Mythic so you will only be doing LFR and Normal. No Mythic level raider does LFR or Normal to gear up.
    Nope. You can't jump in normal or heroic in blue gear unless you are being boosted. Therefore you have to do LFR first to get some gear for normal, then do normal to get some gear for heroic, then do heroic to gear up for flex. There is no skipping difficulties in gearing up process unless being boosted.

Nope. You can't jump in normal or heroic in blue gear unless you are being boosted. Therefore you have to do LFR first to get some gear for normal, then do normal to get some gear for heroic, then do heroic to gear up for flex. There is no skipping difficulties in gearing up process unless being boosted.
    How will I be clearing Heroic when LFR isn't even out then?

It's something that not many people have talked about, but I personally think will be a problem in WoD, and Blizzard is underestimating it.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    There's no reason to get burned out by doing multiple raid difficulties.
    I remember Wrath and I 100% disagree. Maybe you're fine with it, but a lot of people find it induces burnout.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem with multiple difficulties is its part of gearing process. Level up, do LFR to get gear, do flex to get more gear, do normal, then do heroic. Too much repetition of same content.
    Which IMO is fine provided you aren't doing all 4 in one week. Or worse, every week.

Do you mean in WoD? Launch raids are tuned for heroic gear, LFR won't even launch for a week after NM/HM. You will be able to clear the entire first tier without ever stepping into LFR, possibly later tiers as well depending how they do gear catchups this time around.

In fact unless they change the way difficulties are tuned, you will be able to clear both NM and HM in week 1, before LFR unlocks. Mythic unlocks the following week, when it will be cleared by world first guilds. Lesser mortals of course will take longer :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I'm not talking about same week, I'm talking about progression. Clearing same raid on one difficulty to get to next one, then next one and then another one. That's a lot of repetition of same content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I remember Wrath and I 100% disagree. Maybe you're fine with it, but a lot of people find it induces burnout.
    Tha game is no longer WLK, hasnt been in many many years. So why you're complaining about problems the game no longer has?
    Last edited by fixx; 2014-08-14 at 09:22 AM.

I'm not talking about same week, I'm talking about progression. Clearing same raid on one difficulty to get to next one, then next one and then another one. That's a lot of repetition of same content.
    You don't get it. I'm not stepping foot into LFR or Normal at all in WoD and will be clearing Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    You don't get it. I'm not stepping foot into LFR or Normal at all in WoD and will be clearing Mythic.
    Was the normal requirement to unlock heroic removed? Traditionally it is still quite the gear gap to cover with skill to put you in the minority of todays guilds. For the guilds that dont progress into todays heroic within a week or so of launch will end up running multiple difficulties which is a larger chunk of guilds. You and your guild might not have an issue, but others might which means increased time sink and reputation potentially leading to burnout.

The only reason for separate lockouts is to get players to PuG lower difficulties and do more on their mains.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-08-14 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Was the normal requirement to unlock heroic removed?
    Yep, it is removed in WoD. You can do mythic without doing heroic first. All four difficulties are totally separate.

Traditionally it is still quite the gear gap to cover with skill to put you in the minority of todays guilds.
    Yep, and that's why most mythic (current heroic) raiding guilds probably do clear the "normal" difficulty first week to get gear and some insight on strategies.

The only reason for separate lockouts is to get players to PuG lower difficulties and do more on their mains.
    People did it in WLK and actually liked it. Sure it could cause burnout too especially in WLK where you had to do all four difficulties for maximum number of frost badges, but it's no longer mandatory today and shouldn't cause burn-outs anymore.

You don't have to clear Heroic to do Mythic though Mythic will still only be released a week after Heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    so the raid part in looking for raid is to just be ignored? there are 4 difficulties. lfr, normal, heroic, and mythic.
    As there is no difficulty in LFR it's not really part of progression for real raiders.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...