Solo Raids, Paladin or Monk.

Hello!

So the most joy I get out of this game these days is solo'ing content I never got to enjoy originally.. hunting for mounts, rare items, that sort of thing. I'm working on two new alts... a Paladin and a Monk. In your wise opinions.. are there any clear reasons to pick one over the other for this task or are they both just as able to solo raid content?

My personal leaning is towards the Paladin. I just can't seem to grow to love my Monk. But I can learn to love it if I know it's going to carry clear advantages over a Paladin with solo'ing content.

So folks of MMOC.. which should I pick? If you're wondering why not just do both.. I'm picking which to use the free boost on.
    Last edited by Collected; 2014-07-19 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Hello!

So the most joy I get out of this game these days is solo'ing content I never got to enjoy originally.. hunting for mounts, rare items, that sort of thing. I'm working on two new alts... a Paladin and a Monk. In your wise opinions.. are there any clear reasons to pick one over the other for this task or are they both just as able to solo raid content?

My personal leaning is towards the Paladin. I just can't seem to grow to love my Monk. But I can learn to love it if I know it's going to carry clear advantages over a Paladin with solo'ing content.

So folks of MMO.. which should I pick? If you're wondering why not just do both.. I'm picking which to use the free boost on.
    Go with Pala - u prefer it, and also Pala's have shedload of old class gear that you could collect.

In terms of anything last expac both can do it fine. One or the other might have an advantage in a single scenario but overall both are perfectly fine.

Hello!

So folks of MMO.. which should I pick? If you're wondering why not just do both.. I'm picking which to use the free boost on.
    I solo on my main and hes a pally.

At ilvl 535 I can solo all wrath content up to some heroic ICC 25mans and TOC 25. Next week going to try TOGC 25man. As for uld I can solo all of it besides the robot and the boss before yogg and the lighting guy and yogg on 25man. Just started trying to do Cata solos and I killed Omnotron Defense System in BWD.

I don't know anything about monks but pallys have some really good self heals also I solo as ret.

Also with a pally you can work on the legendary's from ICC and Uld.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Both are perfectly fine to solo older content.
    Although as biased as I may be, I consider monks to be one of the greatest classes for soloing. Good self-healing and survivability, bursty damage, excellent mobility and abilities like Touch of Death, Rushing Jade Wind etc make everything seem like a stroll through the park.
    But in the end, just choose which you feel the most comfortable with. No reason to force yourself to a class just because it may be only slightly smoother to run those old raids with.

Both are fine, and both are fun to play. However, I think you'd enjoy the paladin more, since you made your decision it seems.

Yep thanks folks, will go with the one I enjoy knowing they're both able to handle themselves.

You can solo pretty much all of Cataclysm right now as a Paladin. Both Prot and Ret specs are great for what they are respectively good for.

if u are going for collecting xmog gear, paladin can win on that. being able to wear anything pretty much. if u love the paladin class then just stick with it. monks are fine too but they tend to have a bit of a learning curve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep thanks folks, will go with the one I enjoy knowing they're both able to handle themselves.
    I should let you know, that monks and paladins both have legendaries the other can not use, if you will main pala, use monk to get illidan blades and staff from cata, if you care for that achievement, obviously.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Paladin is a better option in my opinion. You will have tons of different armours and weapons to collect from the old raids, and as Paladin you also have great amount of failsafe mechanisms available that should make soloing the old content entertaining and not torturous. It could get dpressing really fast with the monk whne you go to solo an old raid, and at the end of the day you are selling all the gear you got becuase you cannot use any (most).