Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class with the least keybinds? (6.0)(medical)

Before you guys flame me, I would really, really love to use a ton of keybinds but I have a pinched nerve in my elbow so my left hand gets numb after a few hours of gaming and it truly limits my dexterity.

My main is a hunter and I had some mild success in the past with this hunter but I would really like a class (for the xpac) that doesn't rely on as many keybinds. I have enough time until launch to level a fresh character and a get a feel for him so I'm all ears and I really appreciate any advice ya'll may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
    Before you guys flame me, I would really, really love to use a ton of keybinds but I have a pinched nerve in my elbow so my left hand gets numb after a few hours of gaming and it truly limits my dexterity.

My main is a hunter and I had some mild success in the past with this hunter but I would really like a class (for the xpac) that doesn't rely on as many keybinds. I have enough time until launch to level a fresh character and a get a feel for him so I'm all ears and I really appreciate any advice ya'll may have.
    Not actually answering your question but its along the lines. Have you tried using a razor naga? The numbers are on the side of the mouse which would limit the amount your left hand has to move around.

hunter has the most buttons by far, if you are looking for the class with the least buttons - ret pally for sure. even after focus macroing everything you still have free slots on the default UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman, Druid and Hunter are the classes you should avoid if you don't want to use a lot of keybinds, but instead I'd suggest what the person above has stated: just go and buy a Naga and you'll only have to use your right hand because of the keybinds on the mouse. There's also the G600 option if you have larger hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Not actually answering your question but its along the lines. Have you tried using a razor naga? The numbers are on the side of the mouse which would limit the amount your left hand has to move around.
    I tried it and I'm not a fan. I'm not completely disabled, it just gets rough after a couple of hours.

Maybe give the warrior a try?

Frost Dk's, Arms warrior, Combat rogue, Arcane mage, Ret Paladin. Are you going for PvE or PvP? Because PvP usually tends to have a bit more key bindings.
    Nerfs actually make me laugh

Deleted
    Frost Death Knight. No, srsly. I have stuff like Necrotic Strike bound and it's still just the 2 bars 12 buttons each, including cooldowns etc.
    Retri has just a few buttons in basic rotation but quite a few CDs to manage (you can however take Divine Purpose to prune one more button).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisorie4 View Post
    Frost Dk's, Arms warrior, Combat rogue, Arcane mage, Ret Paladin. Are you going for PvE or PvP? Because PvP usually tends to have a bit more key bindings.
    I disagree with Arms here. HT, HL, Sweeping, ST... there's quite a bit of stuff there, especially when you AoE. My Frost DK feel considerably less button-fed than my Arms warrior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak for other classes, but even with the pruning my retribution paladin on Beta still has...

- Exorcism
    - Judgement
    - Crusader Strike/Hammer of the Righteous [Alt Macro]
    - Divine Storm/Templar's(Final) Verdict [Alt Macro]
    - Hammer(Fist) of Justice
    - Execution Sentence / Holy Prism / Light's Hammer
    - Hand of Salvation (notes claim it was cut, but not),
    - Flash of Light
    - Divine Shield / Divine Protection [Alt Macro]
    - Rebuke / Hand of Reckoning [Alt Macro]
    - Hand of Freedom
    - Hand of Salvation
    - Hand of Protection
    - Lay on Hands
    - Avenging Wrath
    - Hammer of Wrath
    - Word of Glory
    - Cleanse
    - Emancipate

And (if specced, personally don't use them):
    - Sacred Shield / Eternal Flame
    - Repentance
    - Hand of Purity
    - Holy Avenger
    - Seraphim

Thats 19-24 keybinds, only spells that are needed at a moments notice in combat.

Certainly less than in Mists of Pandaria, but still substantial.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2014-07-15 at 12:33 PM.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Can't speak for other classes, but even with the pruning my retribution paladin on Beta still has...

- Exorcism
    - Judgement
    - Crusader Strike
    - Divine Storm/Templar's Verdict
    - Hammer of Justice
    - Execution Sentence
    - Hand of Salvation (notes claim it was cut, but not),
    - Flash of Light
    - Divine Shield / Divine Protection
    - Rebuke / Hand of Reckoning
    - Hand of Freedom
    - Hand of Salvation
    - Hand of Protection
    - Lay on Hands
    - Avenging Wrath
    - Hammer of Wrath
    - Word of Glory
    - Cleanse
    - Emancipate

And (if specced)
    - Sacred Shield
    - Repentance
    - Holy Avenger

Thats 19-22 keybinds, only spells that are needed at a moments notice in combat.

Certainly less than in Mists of Pandaria, but still substantial.
    The thing with ret is that you're not constantly smashing all those key binds and that most of them are very situational.
    Nerfs actually make me laugh

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing with ret is that you're not constantly smashing all those key binds and that most of them are very situational.
    The problem is that you have to have them all keybound, because when you do need them, you need them NOW. For someone who has trouble getting full motor use of their hands (as the OP), the total number of keybinds might be an issue if he wants to get the most from the class.

All I'm doing is providing a complete picture. If others can provide similar details for other classes, perhaps he can make a more informed decision.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Would not recommend Ret pally, Just having to make macros for your hand spells will take a lot of space, not to mention if you are going to macro your heals to do off-healing too.

I'm interested in PvP. According to the advice of the official forums, I should roll a warrior so I will be giving a shot at that

I'm interested in PvP. According to the advice of the official forums, I should roll a warrior so I will be giving a shot at that
    Warrior is okay. It honestly depends on what you want to do with PvP.. Ret has very few but once you start putting in Party123 hand of freedom/hand of sacrifice macro's it gets pretty hefty.

Just for running around in BGs? Ele Shaman, Warrior, Ret, Boomkin can all be played with minimal keybinds.

Hi

I play arena at quite a high level on 5 different classes (shaman, mage, lock, monk, warrior)

In my personal opinion warriors (arms) have use a lot less abilities in general then the other classes. Warriors have several gap closers and a basic rotation and at most 2 stuns and 1 cc. They are also very viable at the moment in arena due to their high mobility and sustained damage. If you are interesting in playing a melee dps they are rather simple.

In terms of healing I only really know shaman/monk however I have played druid/priest. I think monk requires a lot less binds then the others.

I have to add though that to be play competitively (IN MY OPINION) at a high level you have to have party123 bound as a healer and arena123/focus 123 as a dps. I have all of these bound to my naga as well as interrupt123 and cc123. However this means an extra 15 keybinds in some cases.

TL;DR warrior

best of luck!

As people mentioned, get a razer naga mouse, it will free a lot of work from your left hand.

O.T. of class, I would say frost DKs is your best bet. I can also tell you that feral druid is not a good idea, specially if you want to play arena with it.

I just ordered the g600.. now I'm debating between a Warrior, Monk and Shaman for 6.0.

Any ideas?

Go warrior.

I would recommend frost dk, rogue, or possibly monk. Might throw mages in there too. I've played everything and those were the classes that left me with the most vacant space on my action bars (including macros).

As for warriors...you can do reasonably well with them not utilizing all of their abilities. However, if you want to play them to their fullest potential, they actually have quite a lot of keybinds.

Well..
    I have on my account; feral, ret, mage, warlock, ww monk
    In my humbe opinion, when using G600, easiest are:
    Feral
    Ret
    Mage/Warlock
    Monk,

The monk class has just too many of that bullshit spells which should be merged together. Maybe by the ability pruning they will change it, but when I saw the current changes, it does not seems so.
    As I have wrote - it's just my humble opinion and I am rather a mid-core than hardcore PvPer

I am a menace to my own destiny.

I'm too lazy for keybinding all my spells so I tend to play simpler specs. I think my simplest ones at 90 are assassination rogue and arcane mage.

Assassination rogue:

- Mutilate
    - Dispatch (on the occasional proc, and replaces Mutilate below 35% health)
    - Envenom
    - Slice and dice (if done right, only once at start of fight)
    - Rupture

And then there are like two special cooldowns, Shadow Blades and Vendetta. That's pretty much the entire rotation. AoE is even easier, just spamming fan of knives and envenom/rupture.

Arcane Mage:

- Arcane Blast
    - Arcane Missiles
    - Arcane barrage
    - Living bomb/nether tempest DoT

But it has more cooldowns to watch:

- Mirror Image
    - Arcane Power
    - Rune of Power (talent)
    - Alter Time