Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    The right way to make high elves playable is to get off your high horse and play a blood elf. They are the exact same people, just different political leanings. You've got the evil, malicious, self-absorbed assholes versus colicky, professional victim, whining bitches, both claiming they know what's best for all their people and no amount of facts contrary to what they believe will change their minds. Blood Elves and High Elves, a la red states and blue states of Quel'thalas.
    that's one of the beauties of having sub-races that goes beyond just cool customizsations, you can play a race that has different political and ideologies than the main group, not everyone will roll a mag'har orc because of brown skin, some would roll them because they view them as pure, as opposedd to the green orcs who were stupid enough to take demon blood, and who've been savage conquest warmongering brutes.. there are people who would never roll an orc because of that, but if Mag'har orc became available, would actually try them out. you lose this distinction too if you just insert brown skins for orc, without introducing it as a sub-race.

point is political affliations matter, and a developer should encourage them as well, and use them well too, high elves are an explosive addition, and i think they should use them if they can find a good way to bring em in, just like other sub-races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    A High Elf will require a new model in order to be added because doing otherwise will dtsroy the visual unqiueness and visual identity of the Horde Belfs.

That doesn't require a brand new race since there is nothing to suggest that races are limited to one model. If visual identity is importnat, a nw model is required. If it isn't...then the BElf model will do.

EJL
    if they go for high elves as a full new race, it would be best if they did alter the model, but you may not like the result. and i think part of you would like the focus high elves would get if they were treated as a full new race, they'd have the whole treatment,..but as a sub-race, who'd know what that would entail, they may just be a foot note addition, worse, just a new skin, ti's like there are two blizzards, oyou never know which one would turn up for what, ..the one that goes all the way, and all out for full hog, or the one that does it half arsed, crappy and soon forgotten, we see it all the time, stuff that goes down really well, and stuff that's implemnted too tentaviely (siege engines? mounted combat? -- will garrisons be one such?)

i wouldn't mind high elves been playable as a separate race, i think it is unlikely, don't think blizzard want to change them, but they might give them night elf models instead adapted to blood elf features. it doesn't feel right that they should look different either.

i had thought it would be bloode lves the ones to change, having the harder meaner look, with tattos, fangs etc, but that never happeened, and they've become very high elfy atm too.

i also don't see high elves become a playable sub-race on the allinace, without an equallyor even more popular race like humans having a sub-race on the horde. it seems fitting if the horde's most popular raceexists as as ub-race on the alliance, the alliance's most popular race should exist as a sub-race on the horde. And funnily enough there is established lore for both. High elves are in the game, and the horde has had humans on its side since WC2 - days of the alterac nation and most recently with the forsaken who are humans albeit undead.. so if it's a model swap, you might as well give living or living looking humans to the forsaken, they don't have to be alive humans, they just have to look it, you can call them unliving to distinguish them from undead, and make them look like blood drained humans

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    i also don't see high elves become a playable sub-race on the allinace, without an equallyor even more popular race like humans having a sub-race on the horde. it seems fitting if the horde's most popular raceexists as as ub-race on the alliance, the alliance's most popular race should exist as a sub-race on the horde. And funnily enough there is established lore for both. High elves are in the game, and the horde has had humans on its side since WC2 - days of the alterac nation and most recently with the forsaken who are humans albeit undead.. so if it's a model swap, you might as well give living or living looking humans to the forsaken, they don't have to be alive humans, they just have to look it, you can call them unliving to distinguish them from undead, and make them look like blood drained humans
    Jesus man, would you just stop? Humans aren't gonna join the fucking Horde no more than orcs are gonna join the Alliance. They are the prime enemy of the Horde from the fucking start of WoW's history. Orcs vs Humans.

Unless they are severely fucked up like the forsaken they won't join shit.

I get it that you and EJL found your common ground in your racial romance but god damn it, it's not bad enough that people seek to cheapen the Horde by cloning it's races, you wanna crap on it too by giving it humans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people want High Elves so bad? Play a Belf, they look the same.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Jesus man, would you just stop? Humans aren't gonna join the fucking Horde no more than orcs are gonna join the Alliance. They are the prime enemy of the Horde from the fucking start of WoW's history. Orcs vs Humans.

Unless they are severely fucked up like the forsaken they won't join shit.

I get it that you and EJL found your common ground in your racial romance but god damn it, it's not bad enough that people seek to cheapen the Horde by cloning it's races, you wanna crap on it too by giving it humans?
    your swearing by Jesus' name isn't going to make me stop saying this every time i feel it's warranted. whether you want to hear it or not, something on this sort of scale will need to occur beofre your precious high elves become playable. and if the blood elves can join the horde , human sub race can exist on the horde, it's actually not as far fetched as closed minds would like to think it is.

besides, it's a video game man, you shouldnt e having this kinda reaction to a really really great solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    your swearing by Jesus' name isn't going to make me stop saying this every time i feel it's warranted. whether you want to hear it or not, something on this sort of scale will need to occur beofre your precious high elves become playable. and if the blood elves can join the horde , human sub race can exist on the horde, it's actually not as far fetched as closed minds would like to think it is.

besides, it's a video game man, you shouldnt e having this kinda reaction to a really really great solution.
    Firstly, the video game argument. This is a forum for people to discuss said video game. They are allowed to express passions in their opinions. You are trying to shame Evilfish by essentially saying 'snigger, you're such a nerd.' From a poster obsessed with the roles of certain races, to the point of talking about Night Elf gender roles on one occasion and bemoaning the lack of male input, this is a low response from you.

Secondly, it is not a really, really great solution. Describing it as such is a symptom of your own burgeoning ego. You have NOT, I repeat, you have NOT stumbled across the magic silver bullet that will solve the problems you think WoW has. What you have done is come up with a horrifically bad and convoluted resolution to a problem that exists in your own mind.

Humans will NEVER, EVER, EVER become available to the Horde under any circumstances and your continued pushing of this 'solution' despite the number of people pointing out the sheer impossibility of it is annoying. How many threads have you opened on this recently? How many responses do you use this as a solution?

In fact, it only makes sense when you assume High Elves are inevitable and Blizzard will need to provide the Horde something like Humans to counterbalance any outcry.

Here is a more realistic take. The Alliance doesn't get High Elves. The Horde doesn't get Humans. The Alliance MIGHT get a Half Elf sub-race when they expand customisations (Human model, Human head shape, blue eyes, pointy ears) but that is REALLY the best you are going to get.

I do have my suspicions as to why you are pushing this so hard, and all I can say is get a grip. The Alliance has plenty of attractive races as it is. You don't need to figure out how to give them the Horde's ONLY classically good looking race.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    A High Elf will require a new model in order to be added because doing otherwise will dtsroy the visual unqiueness and visual identity of the Horde Belfs.
    Or we could just not do the whole thing at all, that also preserves the visual identity of blood elves, and without the sheer irrationality of a race whose only distinctions are political/cultural having, for illusion-shattering reasons, a different body type.

No, but maybe God will. One can hope.

And my precious high elves should become playable on the HORDE side. So nothing needs to occur aside a bad story and a few NPCs displaced from one place to another.

Yeah it's a videogame and that solution was so bad that I ended up reacting badly at it's mention. It's ridiculous.

really they do, cos they're sittiig on a gold mine they need to exploit while people are still interested in wow and wow lore, it's one of those topics that gets fans really really riled up whenever it's brought up, and it always sparks interest and contention, which fits the conflict system of warcraft like hot glove on a winter morn. Only horde v alliance topics get this

you don't get half as much night elf vs blood elf friction as you get high elf vs blood elf, everytime without fail, so they gotta find a way.

My proposal:
    Do it with sub-races

this would be the best time give an alliance sub-race of high elves but also give a forsaken sub-race of human look alikes, something the horde tbh really need, and will help naturally balance horde numbers without having to pump up their storyline.

one of the sub-races of alliance get high elves, one of the sub races of forsaken get unliving humans, so they're not decayed like undead, but they're not living either, - they look human so playess see a human optioni on character creation, but they don't have to be alive, think of vampires for example, they/re not living, yet they're not dead either

Proposal:
    Living or Unliving Forsaken Humans:
    Model: BLood elf model - humanised - it is the blood elf model, blood elf animations, blood elf silhouette - BUT - human skin tones (so you get darker ones), human ears, human eyes, human eyebrows, Lordearon human emotes.

it's important these don't look like stormwind humans or alliance humans, their story ties in with the forsaken.

Enjoy the hate and fihgting between fans oon this one, and enjoy the masses who aren't lore buffs of warcraft, actually seeing a race they can identify with on the horde side and picking horde forskaen unliving to play with.

watch population blanace even out without the need to hakeep pushing the horde stories almost exclusively and watch the love and immersement grow.
    alterac humans

or
    cultist humans

- - - Updated - - -

frankly I hope the blood elves can have blue eyes
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2014-07-25 at 01:40 PM.

Deleted
    really they do, cos they're sittiig on a gold mine they need to exploit while people are still interested in wow and wow lore, it's one of those topics that gets fans really really riled up whenever it's brought up, and it always sparks interest and contention, which fits the conflict system of warcraft like hot glove on a winter morn. Only horde v alliance topics get this

you don't get half as much night elf vs blood elf friction as you get high elf vs blood elf, everytime without fail, so they gotta find a way.

My proposal:
    Do it with sub-races

this would be the best time give an alliance sub-race of high elves but also give a forsaken sub-race of human look alikes, something the horde tbh really need, and will help naturally balance horde numbers without having to pump up their storyline.

one of the sub-races of alliance get high elves, one of the sub races of forsaken get unliving humans, so they're not decayed like undead, but they're not living either, - they look human so playess see a human optioni on character creation, but they don't have to be alive, think of vampires for example, they/re not living, yet they're not dead either

Proposal:
    Living or Unliving Forsaken Humans:
    Model: BLood elf model - humanised - it is the blood elf model, blood elf animations, blood elf silhouette - BUT - human skin tones (so you get darker ones), human ears, human eyes, human eyebrows, Lordearon human emotes.

it's important these don't look like stormwind humans or alliance humans, their story ties in with the forsaken.

Enjoy the hate and fihgting between fans oon this one, and enjoy the masses who aren't lore buffs of warcraft, actually seeing a race they can identify with on the horde side and picking horde forskaen unliving to play with.

watch population blanace even out without the need to hakeep pushing the horde stories almost exclusively and watch the love and immersement grow.

There are enough playable races int he game borderline too many. We don't need more new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppah View Post
    There are enough playable races int he game borderline too many. We don't need more new ones.
    yjthere can never be too many playable races, or too many places

no fun in that, you want high elves playable, you want horde blood elves really hating on them, and you want alliance high elves really hating on the blood elves

you want the same kind of heated reactions on the forums playing out in pvp and plot lines in-game that's what you want. But in order to make it work well, you need to give horde faction an equally compelling sub-race tha twill draw the numbers in, so make Lordearon humans either as unliving vampires types that look like humans that will use blood elf models as a base, or make them forsaken that somehow get living again and use blood elf models humanized instead of stormwind human models, should work well, for balance, numbers and things like that - afterall if alliance get a playable blood elf model called the high elf, why not horde get a playable human sub-race called forsaken unliving or forsaken humans

- - - Updated - - -

sub races, they're coming, and would be perfect for introducing high elve s no? afterall as you point out, you can't exactly introdcue high elves as a new race, cos they are already in the game as blood elves, the best they can ever be is a sub-race, an option that they might do for giving race customizations.
    blood elves do not hate the high elves. lor'themar let them go to the island of quel'danas and there are many high elves in that place with Auric the high elf representative.
    Rommath is sad to have to fight against the high elves in dalaran. magister krelas is a high elf who joins the horde

No they don't
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

10+ Year Old Account
    yjthere can never be too many playable races, or too many places
    Actually there can. At the moment the candidates include more animal/human hybrids (Sabreon, Arrakoa), Ogres and a rehash of an existing race in the High Elves. Only the Etherals are really original and interesting, yet they are the new 'neutral' guys replacing Goblins.

I think the race well is truly dry. Personally, I feel that the Alliance and Horde are perfect as is and could benefit instead from more in depth customization being offered for existing races than development time being spent on the diminishing returns of another new race that 3 or 4 percent of people will seriously play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk357 View Post
    Actually there can. At the moment the candidates include more animal/human hybrids (Sabreon, Arrakoa), Ogres and a rehash of an existing race in the High Elves. Only the Etherals are really original and interesting, yet they are the new 'neutral' guys replacing Goblins.

I think the race well is truly dry. Personally, I feel that the Alliance and Horde are perfect as is and could benefit instead from more in depth customization being offered for existing races than development time being spent on the diminishing returns of another new race that 3 or 4 percent of people will seriously play.
    i don't agree. there are plenty of biped races left that can add immersion into the game still regardless of being "animal/human hybrids" as long as its feasible and biped what does it matter?

Horde still have tuskarr, saurok, ogres, gnolls that could be implemented.

alliance still have dragonkin, high elves, jinyu, ethreals (pre world destruction thanks to wod) that could be added

Adding high elves as a playable race is just stupid. They aren't even a different race, they are like a different faction. Blizzard made High Elves playable by having the Blood Elves join the Horde.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I thought there where already High Elf where playable in game. Night Elf mages. I thought the Blood Elfs where High Elfs that had been through some tough times. Their height, weight and skin color changed from exposure to the evil under Silverpine Forest. Their eye color changed from the time they spent useing fel magics for their addiction. They changed their name to Blood Elf after the Scourge invasion that killed 90% of their population.

What is the difference in appearence between Night Elf and High Elf?

Am I wrong about High Elfs already being playable?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't want another elf, especially if it's pretty much the same as one of the existing elf races with different eye color or skin tone. There are better races to choose from. Assuming we really want/need more races, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by CottonBall View Post
    I thought there where already High Elf where playable in game. Night Elf mages. I thought the Blood Elfs where High Elfs that had been through some tough times. Their height, weight and skin color changed from exposure to the evil under Silverpine Forest. Their eye color changed from the time they spent useing fel magics for their addiction. They changed their name to Blood Elf after the Scourge invasion that killed 90% of their population.

What is the difference in appearence between Night Elf and High Elf?

Am I wrong about High Elfs already being playable?
    Night Elfs are 7+ ft tall nature people from Kalimdor. High Elves look exactly like Blood Elves... Because Blood Elves are High Elves... There are no physical deformations, nor has there been any time passed since they called themselves Blood Elves for there to be any breeding differences...

Nope, hardly any time has passed since Silvermoon was attacked by Arthas... The majority of the surviving High Elves joined Kael Thas as they renamed themselves Blood Elves. Should be known the the Alliance Humans were a bunch of racists who left the High Elves behind to die while they fought for them..

If you played Warcraft 3 you would know this, High Elves and Blood Elves are exactly the same. They sucked on mana worms etc to feed their addiction to magic, an addiction that was there long before the scourge invaded Silvermoon, the different type of magic turned their eyes green..

That is literally it, the Blood Elves are the majority of the remaining living High Elves.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    If you Blood Elf players want to play freaking alliance just go play freaking alliance, this High Elve threads are so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    If you Blood Elf players want to play freaking alliance just go play freaking alliance, this High Elve threads are so annoying.
    He does not want Alliance Belfs, he wants Horde Humans and he's using the Helfs as a bridge to that idea. Both are stupid. Rehashing existing races and pissing them over to the other side is not something they must do, it's something certain people need to understand is not bloody happening.