Deleted

Best ele talents on beta?

Hey was just curious on what peoples opinions are about this.

Myself I'm using Echo of the elements, Unleashed Fury and Elemental Fusion.

But after talking with friends about dps I feel that we are maybe slightly behind others. I'm well aware this is beta... but the difference seems meh!

Echo is horrible and works against itself just like I expected, surge is a strength for movement, echo removes this strength, in just minutes of playing I can't count the amount of times Echo procced off lava burst... i waited for the cd, used it again, expecting the free one, and then in that global the surge procced wasting the echo...

UF is not great in low gear and wastes the UE perk we get while levelling as it can't be used for movement.

Elemental Fusion are u kidding ? It's a mockery it adds nothing and is complete trash... wtb a real 3rd talent for dps specs...

I've tried Echo, but EM is better with low stats 100%, been using PE / EB a bit and tried storm elemental and the magma shit... I hate all of our 100 talents... the magma totem looks cool but its kind of trash and the storm ele seems really bland...

I wouldn't focus on numbers yet. There was no number tuning yet. Do youself a favour and don't compare classes damage numbers yet.
    You should focus more on ele mechanics. This is what they changed. This is where they need feedback currently. Numbers are another story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Echo is, sadly, not as good for Elemental PvE as it is for Enhance/Resto PvE. We only use the occaisonal Earth/Flame Shock, and single-target, it can take a while to generate the full 15 charges for Fulmination. So Frost Shock sees practically no usage, unless you are moving heavily. And Lava Burst, of course... Lava Surge can proc just as soon as you cast your first Lava Burst, so it gets canceled out. The other 2 choices beat it handily. (Its good for PvP, and for Enhance/Resto).

Elemental Blast will probably be the "de-facto" choice going into the first tier, and first part of the second tier. You can't beat that large amount of stats at low ilvl. After the 2nd tier, Primal Elementalist will be the new choice on heavy movement fights. You'll want to save Unleashed Flame for movement periods, so Unleashed Fury isn't so good.

As for the last one, Storm Elemental Totem will probs be the better choice for raiding, due to its ability to be a minor healing CD. Of course, the fact that you can have only one elemental out at a time decreases its value slightly, and if you pick it, you HAVE to pick Primal Elementalist. Elemental Fusion will be fairly decent single target- Fulmination continues to remain our biggest hitter, and you should generally get in 2 lava burst between each Fulmination unless you are AoEing, or have very high Multistrike. Liquid Magma is the choice for AoE fights, due to its 4 yd AoE component.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    Elemental Fusion are u kidding ? It's a mockery it adds nothing and is complete trash... wtb a real 3rd talent for dps specs...
    I have to agree here partly. If we do ES when we are at full shield stacks only, Elemtal Fusion (EF) is just bad atm because you need so muc htime until you have full stacks that you sit on your 2 EF stacks a lot.
    On the other way if we do ES earlier, cause is deals more damage than LB with a medium amount of stacks and 2 EF stacks, it could be good and in some way rotation changing.

Deleted
    I did 13 hours of testing on dummies today, with 2 other elementals joining at times.

I tried mastery/haste/multistrike builds - for me multistrike was better by a few %
    Tried all variations of the lvl 75/90/100 talents - my conclusion is Elemental mastery - Primal elementalist - Storm totem. Thats what made me and our grp do most dmg, top burst was 77.7k dps but in average it was 65k and average dmg was around 29k. This was all done on the lvl ?? dummies you can kill.
    A few notes.

*Elemental Fusion is horrible regardless of which spec i used(would be fun if the dmg worked on your FS ticks and did 100% on your flumination).
    *Echo is useless when using Ascendance, hence why i reckon EM is a bettter choice.
    *Liquid Magma is okish, though they need to make it work while you have your fire elemental up.

This is how i experinced it, it might be different for other players.

Do you have any logs for the variations of builds ? Primal ele will burst harder with EM over short attempts, but we really need to see what 6-9 minute test look like for a rough guess at talents.

Deleted
    Sadly my logs are private. I agree we need longer fights to be certain which talents Will be good. Though i speculate different talents for different bosses. All the testing i did was exactly 4 min and the talents i mention above is what gave me a few more k in average.

I eventually started using Ancestral Swiftness, Primal Elementalist and Liquid Magma.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Storm Elemental Totem will probs be the better choice for raiding, due to its ability to be a minor healing CD. Of course, the fact that you can have only one elemental out at a time decreases its value slightly, and if you pick it, you HAVE to pick Primal Elementalist.
    I assumed Primal Elementalist only effected Fire and Earth totems?

EDIT: Tooltip error apparently.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-07-22 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenigame View Post
    *Liquid Magma is okish, though they need to make it work while you have your fire elemental up.
    so it does not work with fire elemental totem? oO that is really really bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I assumed Primal Elementalist only effected Fire and Earth totems?
    not sure what you question is about (PE affects the storm elemental or that only fire and earth elemental are mutual exclusive)

PE transforms the storm elemental into a more powerfull elemental with petbar. (see details below, for anybody who doesn't knew this yet)
    and as far as I know the limitation of one pet still exists. and this is the core reason why we can't have fire and earth elemental at the same time (because before PE both worked at the same time when they were guardians) and in wod fire, earth and storm elemental.

for people who don't know what the storm elemental is about, taken from wowhead comments http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=152256/...totem#comments
    Abilities for the Greater Storm Elemental:

Soothing Winds: Conjures a gust of wind that deals 1 (+ 200% of Spell power) Nature damage to an enemy. Soothing winds also cause 1 (+ 200% of Spell power) healing to all allies within 8 yds of the enemy, split evenly between them.
    Call Lightning: Call down a lightning strike on an enemy, dealing 1 (+ 400% of Spell power) Nature damage, and leaving the Storm Elemental charged with energy for 15 sec. While charged, the Storm Elemental's damage or healing done (based on the Shaman's specialization) is increased by 100%.

Additional abilities as a Primal Storm Elemental with the level 90 talent Primal Elementalist:

Eye of the Storm: Strong air currents whirl around the Primal Storm Elemental, increasing the movement speed of allies within 6 yards by 100%.
    Gale Force: Invoke a gale, which instantly knocks up an enemy.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-07-21 at 09:51 AM.

*Elemental Fusion is horrible regardless of which spec i used(would be fun if the dmg worked on your FS ticks and did 100% on your flumination).
    It does work for FS ticks.

http://postimg.org/image/us1ta0inh/

http://postimg.org/image/8ln3xnw5x/

Pretty accurately if you ask me, 2 x 751 results in exactly 1502.

The buff icon is the Multistrike enchant, so this is surely not the cause.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-07-21 at 04:04 PM.

Liquid Magma does work when Fire Ele Totem is out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    Liquid Magma does work when Fire Ele Totem is out.
    For us yesterday, it just pulsed but there are no hits while Fire elemental was up. Maybe the fixed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It does work for FS ticks.

http://postimg.org/image/us1ta0inh/

http://postimg.org/image/8ln3xnw5x/

Pretty accurately if you ask me, 2 x 751 results in exactly 1502.

The buff icon is the Multistrike enchant, so this is surely not the cause.
    Do you have something where i can see not just the initial hit, because i know thats double the dmg with Fusion, i just didnt see the ticks getting the buff from it.

Gale Force: Invoke a gale, which instantly knocks up an enemy.

Afterwards do they spawn little baby mobs?

I'm sad to hear that echo is useless. I wonder if they'll add lightning bolt to that list. Frost shock makes no sense.

I did 13 hours of testing on dummies today, with 2 other elementals joining at times.

I tried mastery/haste/multistrike builds - for me multistrike was better by a few %
    Tried all variations of the lvl 75/90/100 talents - my conclusion is Elemental mastery - Primal elementalist - Storm totem. Thats what made me and our grp do most dmg, top burst was 77.7k dps but in average it was 65k and average dmg was around 29k. This was all done on the lvl ?? dummies you can kill.

how is that burst/sustained possible? i have messed around with the talents/buildes/glyphs and the different enchants but the best burst i could do on the dummies was like 35k and the sustained was like 16k so yea how is 77k burst and 29k sustained possible?

Quote Originally Posted by nitsu View Post
    how is that burst/sustained possible? i have messed around with the talents/buildes/glyphs and the different enchants but the best burst i could do on the dummies was like 35k and the sustained was like 16k so yea how is 77k burst and 29k sustained possible?
    I'm currently generally gearing around Multi-strike > Haste > Mastery > Crit. It's also worth noting you should change a couple of slots at the vendor to min/max your gear (you can currently run double intellect/proc intellect trinkets). I run Ancestral Swiftness (though EM would obviously give you higher burst), PE and Liquid Magma. I was using Liquid Magma below Flame Shock & Lava Burst in rotation prio but above everything else; not much else to say really!

would be nice if EotE procs could stack to 2, this would reduce the issue of getting more procs than you can use cause of CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I'm currently generally gearing around Multi-strike > Haste > Mastery > Crit. It's also worth noting you should change a couple of slots at the vendor to min/max your gear (you can currently run double intellect/proc intellect trinkets). I run Ancestral Swiftness (though EM would obviously give you higher burst), PE and Liquid Magma. I was using Liquid Magma below Flame Shock & Lava Burst in rotation prio but above everything else; not much else to say really!
    Ye went all out into multistriking, think i have 62,78%. Ancestral Swiftness was not bad for me either, it gave some nice steady dps. Imo most talents but Fusion is decent, it really comes down to which playstyle you like. However i guess Liquid Magma will be best as soon as there are some adds to burn down. But they havent begun to balance things yet, so lets see how we will end up looking.
    Last edited by mmocc12664d6eb; 2014-07-22 at 11:46 AM.

Do you have something where i can see not just the initial hit, because i know thats double the dmg with Fusion, i just didnt see the ticks getting the buff from it.
    Did you pay attention to the White arrow in the "FS buffed" screenshot which points at a big red square which is supposed to mark the period tick insde of said square?

I mean it even stands there "1.Tick (buffed)".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-07-22 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Did you pay attention to the White arrow in the "FS buffed" screenshot which points at a big red square which is supposed to mark the period tick insde of said square?

I mean it even stands there "1.Tick (buffed)".
    Ye, my bad! I realise it now.