Voters
25. This poll is closed
  • Zeratul

4 16.00%
  • Malthael

21 84.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That's irrelevant unless you can prove that gives him some kind of quantifiable power. I would really like to hear how looking at bad stuff gives him magic resistance.
    He can turn himself into pure energy and shift in and out of reality cant he? Dont even think Mal could even stab him because he can form into shadow. Don't think we've seen his full power yet.

He can blink and he can cloak. It's not like Zeratul can godmode and be like that 100% of the time. He'd solo all the bad guys in his universe if that was the case. Malthael can just keep blasting with AoE magic all over the place until Zeratul is dust.

What you think in a debate doesn't really matter; only what you can prove or at least give evidence for.

I would have to do more research Personally i just believe he would have some sort of ability or trick to not get his soul siphoned. Were talking Zeratul here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zeratul would stand no chance... Primal Kerrigan on the other hand :-?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    I would have to do more research Personally i just believe he would have some sort of ability or trick to not get his soul siphoned. Were talking Zeratul here.
    I've played all the games. Zeratul doesn't have an ability like that. He's just a really experienced and old Dark Templar. Starcraft doesn't even deal with spiritual things like souls. Though I'm not arguing Malthael will suck out his soul, I'm arguing that he would turn his body to dust with his magic, just like he did the Horadrim in the RoS trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I've played all the games. Zeratul doesn't have an ability like that. He's just a really experienced and old Dark Templar. Starcraft doesn't even deal with spiritual things like souls. Though I'm not arguing Malthael will suck out his soul, I'm arguing that he would turn his body to dust with his magic, just like he did the Horadrim in the RoS trailer.
    Yeah but can't Protoss live past death? Wouldn't Zeratul come back even more powerful as a Dark Archon ?

I think only certain and powerful Protoss can. Zeratul would be one of them.
    Last edited by DarkArchon; 2014-07-20 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Yeah but can't Protoss live past death? Wouldn't Zeratul come back even more powerful as a Dark Archon ?
    As far as I'm aware, Tassadar is the only Protoss that's ever come back from death. Dark Archons have nothing to do with death, it's a biological transformation based on the merging of two or more Dark Templar.

Even if Zeratul could survive dying, (technically, Tassadar claimed he's "never tasted death") it took Tassadar a long time to come back. Malthael would still have won the fight, there'd just be a rematch later on down the line. And there's no logical reason to assume that Zeratul could duplicate something that only Tassadar has done.

We also know their species can permanently die, as we see the Protoss get wiped out in the future that's created if Kerrigan dies. So they're very much mortal as far as we can tell.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2014-07-20 at 10:46 PM.

Yeah i guess that's true...Next match up ill make sure its a lot more tight. Poor Zeratul