Poll: Do you like the presence of powerful shared boss loot trinkets?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Clearly I thought it was a good idea because I ended up getting said trinkets. Didn't realize it was that horrible for people who never saw them. Seeing other perspective changes my mind a little.

Maybe it's just a raid wide cosmetic item? Sort of like the Dark Shaman set (except shared drop). Wouldn't need to feel like you have to farm it, but would at least make every boss worth killing, but more of a "bonus". And like the shaman set, it would be personal loot as to not take up a real drop's spot.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2014-07-22 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Clearly I thought it was a good idea because I ended up getting said trinkets. Didn't realize it was that horrible for people who never saw them. Seeing other perspective changes my mind a little.

Maybe it's just a raid wide cosmetic item? Sort of like the Dark Shaman set (except shared drop). Wouldn't need to feel like you have to farm it, but would at least make every boss worth killing, but more of a "bonus". And like the shaman set, it would be personal loot as to not take up a real drop's spot.
    I wouldn't mind something like that, but I think some of the coolness of the shamans stuff is that it ties into the raid and that boss specifically; just throwing something for every class on a personal loot roll for every boss isn't as neat. Also, I don't know that it would make a large difference in the problem that you want to fix, which is people leaving after specific bosses because they just wanted a shot at a specific item. Sure, some people might stick around or keep running Flex for a cosmetic item, but the fact is that most people who are pugging flex are likely trying to gear up so gear is going to be their main motivation. And if they have a specific piece that they need/want, then that's their main goal.

When you have a trinket that's so good that even using LFR/Flex versions of it vs normal/heroic other trinkets, then that's bound to create a group of people who can't get it to drop in normal/heroic and thus who will run LFR/Flex every week specifically for those items. I think that's more of the problem here - people who clear normal and heroics might be able to get 2 normal/heroic trinkets, but if they don't get that 1 item for their class (ie PBoI for casters) then they will have to run LFR and Flex for those versions of it, because they are just that good. I believe its the same for others as well, at least dps. If any normal or heroic trinket was better than the LFR/Flex version of that one, then you'd have far less people who felt they had to run LFR/Flex just for that specific trinket.

In both Naxx, FL and DS, I've had horrible experiences with shared loot. I don't want to ever go through that again.

Blizzard is under the impression that you NEED shared loot to be a 1% drop just because it drops off multiple bosses so you end up never seeing them for months on end. Until they fix that notion, may shared loot never find it's way to this game again.

Deleted
    the only reason they are dropping out is because they don't need loot from later bosses which is especially true for a pure dps class

on my shaman I need items from 3/4 bosses (a shield!!! a god dam shield!!!!! haven't had one drop all expansion when I could use it) so the offspec loot keeps me in for bosses I don't need

The problem is that people only do PUGs for loot. The even bigger problem is that there is no compelling reason to stick with a raid when you do not need anything. They should seriously consider some grindable resource you got from completing raids (even if you repeated within the lockout - and doubled if you join as a short-supply class). While it would not completely remove the problem it would be a lot better than trying to lure people to staying with shared boss loot.