Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    You can do everything you ever did with your flying mounts. Go use them anywhere!
    Have you ever used them in Draenor? No? Then nobody is taking anything away from you.
    Bullshit semantics and you know it. Every expansion has had flight at some point, gated by levels and some gold. They are taking that away by *maybe* letting us get flight back by 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Why would Faerie dragons be on Draenor? Did we ever get a concrete answer on that?

Gryphons make sense because they're your traditional Alliance flying mounts. Hippogryphs would fill in for any Night Elf bases. But it would seem to me that, if they were going for new flight path creatures, they should do something relevant to Draenor... like Nether Rays, or Spore bats.
    The draenei have a camp in Shadowmoon that raises faerie dragons. I don't know why they are there, but they are. They were the flight paths.

I agree netherrays or spore bats made more sense for draenei.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like this! Much better model. Though, it feels a bit weird that, in the old world, the old models will still be used...

Quote Originally Posted by Iocus View Post
    I still cant believe they stuck the new models behind a rep.
    It's only a grind of a month...

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope mounts will be updated to, but I want that later.

The new Wyvern and Gryphon can be the flight master mounts and you can get them in Orgrimmar and Stormwind.
    They should just remove the faction all together so everyone can be happy and use the mount.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I thought the alliance flight paths were faerie dragons. Did they change them to gryphons?
    That completely depends on where you take the fly path from in the beginning. Kinda like how Alliance also has hippogryphs in more night elf oriented places.

- - - Updated - - -

The draenei have a camp in Shadowmoon that raises faerie dragons. I don't know why they are there, but they are. They were the flight paths.

I agree netherrays or spore bats made more sense for draenei.
    H-how? Sporebats are mostly too small and I don't think Nether rays exist on past draenor (as far as I know).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

H-how? Sporebats are mostly too small and I don't think Nether rays exist on past draenor (as far as I know).
    Faerie dragons were too small until Blizzard made them a mount.

Faerie dragons were too small until Blizzard made them a mount.
    True. Meh, maybe there is a lore reason behind it or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you "omg no flying!" People are still going on about this shit.

Guess what, the people who complain about no flying have already done it enough and the people that don't care about it still don't care.
    Why feel the need to bring it up in every fucking thread? Even ones that have nothing to do with it.
    Are you that juvenile that you require validation on your opinions consistently? Keep it to your "no flying in draenor" thread, since I doubt anyone outside of the people posting in that thread even give a shit.

OT: It's always good to see previous expansions updated modela used in new expansions instead of the same art assets from Vanilla. Its a nice touch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    Oh great, now I can be reminded each time I use a flight path that "hey, you have this mount too, but you can't use it for flying, because FUCK YOU LOL! BY THE WAY, THIS IS TECHNICALLY USING FLYING TO OVERCOME "CHALLENGES" BUT IT DOESN'T BREAK IMMERSION AT ALL!".
    abit salty today? remember fella, it's just a game, you don't have to play it if you don't think it's fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Very kewl.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I saw it before, but it's nice. Happened to the wyverns as well. I hope they apply it everywhere, and I also hope they'll do the same for Hippogryph Roosts, and those Bat Roosts used by the Forsaken as well, going by how there's both a new Hippogryph and Bat model now.

Deleted
    Now we just need the people who complained about the shape of the gryphon's beak in the past, and we got it all in this tread.
    The updated model looks neat, guess they will just replace the old ones everywhere on Azeroth eventually. Would like to see the Horde ones now.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingzor View Post
    Now we just need the people who complained about the shape of the gryphon's beak in the past, and we got it all in this tread.
    The updated model looks neat, guess they will just replace the old ones everywhere on Azeroth eventually. Would like to see the Horde ones now.
    The Windriders look superb! The gryphons do too though.

I'd love to see of they'll change the Hippogryphs as well...

Deleted
    I think it could be cool if they added an option to choose which of your personal Collected flying mounts, could be used as flight path mounts.

lol at ppl QQing you have to gain rep to get 4 mounts in total... At least you get it in game and not in store noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    The Windriders look superb! The gryphons do too though.

I'd love to see of they'll change the Hippogryphs as well...

And the bats! There's also a new bat model, remember?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Why would Faerie dragons be on Draenor? Did we ever get a concrete answer on that?
    They do suit the look of Shadowmoon Valley and match the draenei well.

Maybe they were created by the Titans and thus exist on both worlds. Maybe they're like certain other magical creatures and exist on multiple worlds, or originated in the Twisting Nether -- there is a Nether Faerie Dragon battle pet. Maybe they're native to Draenor and were brought to Azeroth by the Dragonmaw clan, and some got released and made their way to the Emerald Dream... Who knows...?
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2014-07-21 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They do suit the look of Shadowmoon Valley and match the draenei well.

Maybe they were created by the Titans and thus exist on both worlds? Maybe they're like certain other magical creatures and exist on multiple worlds, or originated in the Twisting Nether -- there is a Nether Faerie Dragon battle pet? Maybe they're native to Draenor and were brought to Azeroth by the Dragonmaw clan, and some got released and made their way to the Emerald Dream? Who knows...
    They were summoned to Azeroth from the Emerald Dream by Malfurion in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    They made a new model of the gryphons that sit next to the flight master.
    In my opinion they need to make this the new one everywhere with a gryphon, it is so much better then the old one!
    God I hope they don't. It's already in the game and it looks awful when it runs/flies.

Quote Originally Posted by eja216 View Post
    Same model as the Grand Armored Gryphon from the "PvP" quests in Krasarang.
    Not Armored. Just a normal Grand Gryphon.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=93385

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's hoping the updated bat and wyvern models are added where applicable, and I'd also like to see updated dragonhawk and hippogryph flight path models too.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?