Typical Blizzard. Mythic Armor > Elite PvP Armor

Well I know it's subjective but in my opinion the elite PvP armor looks wholly half-hearted compared to most of the mythic sets. The mythic sets are very detailed and flashy, the elite sets look like blinged up blue gear. Ah Blizzard when will you realize PvPers are dedicated players too?

My two cents.

Opinions, everyone's got one.

I think some of the Elite sets are better than Mythic, and some of the Mythic sets are better than Elite.

IMO they try to make the PVP armour look battle oriented and practical (-ish). So no giant silly shoulders etc, which always makes it look less impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    IMO they try to make the PVP armour look battle oriented and practical (-ish). So no giant silly shoulders etc, which always makes it look less impressive.
    I dunno. Some of those PVE giant shoulders look sturdy enough to block a greatsword just by shouldering it.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Play as an orc all shoulders are massive. Other than that you could always transmog it. Make it look like you are a twilight cultist from Silithus while rocking your dreanor time/space tier.

One may prefer one over the other, but yes the PvP gear almost always looks much simpler. It is even more obvious comparing Mythic aesthetics to the Elite ones.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Play as an orc all shoulders are massive.
    Must be the new Orc racial
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post

I think some of the Elite sets are better than Mythic, and some of the Mythic sets are better than Elite.
    Very true indeed.

Its the beginning PVP set of the first season in the expansion. If you truly pvp and payed any mind to the sets you would notice that the pvp sets evolve over time. The last season PVP sets for each expansion is amazing most of the time and its cool how blizzard puts the "evolving" effect in the gear. It kinda shows how stronger your toon has gotten over the course of different pvp seasons. Raiding gear design is based of many different aspect of the raid and change for each tier drastically.

Honestly, they're all complete dogshit save for Warrior/Paladin/DK mythic sets. As usual, plate PVE gets the entire turkey leaving only the giblets and bones for the other armour sets in both PVE and PVP

Deleted
    Does it help you if I say that both armors, PvE and PvP are ridiculously stupid looking?

Deleted
    Pvp ilvl will be higher in combat so it compensates.

Its a PvE oriented game. Why are you suprised that it gets more attention from the devs?

I think the Monk Mythic set looks better then the Elite PvP gear, but other sets it's the other way round.

It's purely a matter of opinion.

To be quiet honest, I find the PVP gear to be far better looking that the Mythic sets. In fact, having that "special" armor locked to Mystic makes me pleased because its the ugliest thing I have seen since the rainbow armor you got leveling in Hellfire. If that is the special armor they can have it, looks more like a joke and a punishment to me. :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I was under the impression that Tier 17 gear had the same models as Conquest and Mythic gear had the same models as Elite Conquest and they were just being recoloured for PVP.

I don't have a source though.

Can someone link to both, please?

alot is being missed here. yes looking like a killing machine is very different from being a killing machine ofcourse we have transmog but we have yet to see any balance changes alot of nerfs and melee sticking on casters like glue .. i may be wrong but wasnt holinka the PVP guy
    ok ok he has ghostcrawlers job now but the game is a mess now
    we have botters grinders and pvp comp vs skill and this is not getting addressed nor will it
    the bottom ine is you want to fight outside you get the best gear to kill people with . and that is not spending alot of your hours killing people . bottom line is you can cap at the start of the season and never raise your cap or rating and you have your pretend pvp gear . then in the real world you will smash people up in your wedding dress pve gear in the battlegrounds just like you have been doing since you got it in the real world . the rewards are slow the carrot is small and pvp is crap and will go live as it is now in beta

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post

This.

Also, pvp gear has a tendency to become more impressive and flashy the further an expansion goes, to represent it being later into the seasons and stuff. It's possible that the mythic sets in season 17 and 18 will look like upgraded flashier versions of the s16 one.

I like the Warrior season 16 and judging from the s16 elite icons, the elite set is going to look even better. That red/blue theme with a Lightbringer tabard will be gorgeous.