Red face Musings on all Rogue Raids and a rogues toolset.

To date I've done an all priest clear and an all warrior clear of ToT. But both these classes have insane offheals or passive abilities that provide insane healing to the class. Recoup is a nice heal for minimal damage, Evasion and cloak don't really last long enough to tank a boss, tricks and smokescreen are nice bonuses to have.

I'm just not sure if it would be viable for rogues at all. The sheer damage that will go out on the rogue tank will be quite an issue and fights with a stacking debuff/bleeds will deff be another problem I can foresee, although certain alchy potions can be used to negate them. Or dwarf rogues but those are so rare Extended periods of aoe damage i.e Magera and the Twins might also be a problem?

Any advice?
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

I don't know if i trully understand ur question, but seems like you're asking for help on dealing with the dmg you're tanking during raids. Is that right? If so, rogue is one of the best (if not the best) class in terms of low dmg taken.

You just need to figure out where is the dmg comming from and what is the best way to mitigate it. Sometimes you'll be on feint, another on cloak of shadows, some other on evasion. Also you can glyph cloak of shadows for lower physical dmg or choose the best talent on tier45 for extra feint dmg reducing (elusiveness) or to avoid fatal dmg (cheat death).

He's asking about the viability of a raid of only rogues. I'd consider it highly unlikely to succeed.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    I'm just not sure if it would be viable for rogues at all. The sheer damage that will go out on the rogue tank will be quite an issue and fights with a stacking debuff/bleeds will deff be another problem I can foresee, although certain alchy potions can be used to negate them. Or dwarf rogues but those are so rare Extended periods of aoe damage i.e Magera and the Twins might also be a problem?
    Evasion has a cooldown under 1.5min with hwf AoC. It lasts 15 seconds when glyphed. You only need to cycle 6 rogue-tanks if they all have HWF (or even non-warforged heroic) aoc. Without aoc at all, 8 rogues will suffice. Remember, while cloak & evasion don't last long, rogues can drop threat so you can use tools like tricks and vanish. Also with 10 or 25 rogues tricksing, the entire raid can deal 3% extra damage on average. There's also glyph of recover, glyph of recuperate, and glyph of smoke bomb to help with mitigation. With a combat rogue leeching poison will provide more healing than recuperate, and glyph of recovery will increase your healing more than glyph of recup (if you only use one). And for the ultimate in self healing you can use glyph of recup, glyph of recovery, and pvp gloves. I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility, but it would require a fair amount more coordination than other classes because rogues have a more diverse array of tools than other classes.

It would require a lot of coordination but 10 or 25 Smoke Bombs, the ability to immune big hits, reduce all aoe by 65%, and 10 or 25 Evasions means you could deal with most mechanics.

However, some fights we just cannot survive without healing (e.g. Garrosh intermissions)

Jt: Leeching poison is a good 60-70% of a combat rogue's healing if you glyph recovery. 65% aoe reduction is a gigantic reduction in your self-healing. Without any external healers, leeching poison is going to negate FAR more damage than elusiveness will.