Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Acceptable Content Drought

So we are all well aware of the major issue the past two expansions have had in terms of having massive content droughts before the release of the next expansion. 14 months is much too long. There is no debate to that. My question is, what does the community feel is an acceptable end of expansion content drought?

In my opinion, I feel that as soon as the final raid is released, there should be no more than 7 months between that date and the release of the next expansion.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul91 View Post
    So we are all well aware of the major issue the past two expansions have had in terms of having massive content droughts before the release of the next expansion. 14 months is much too long. There is no debate to that. My question is, what does the community feel is an acceptable end of expansion content drought?

In my opinion, I feel that as soon as the final raid is released, there should be no more than 7 months between that date and the release of the next expansion.

Thoughts?
    This feels like obsolete topic at the moment: Blizzard just announced there won't be any more content droughts.
    The ball is (again) at their side of the court, not ours.

When they've failed (again), we can pick this discussion up. Right now, seems silly to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    I already see Blizzard contradicting themselves with these statements: "Nighthold is an early 2017 raid, towards the very beginning of 2017." and "Raid tiers should last around 4 to 5 months."

If The Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold are considered the first Raid Tier of Legion; Blizzard is already bullshitting us because the first tier is going to be 7-8 months long.

Basically, I'm okay with 6-7 months or so between all raids and that includes the final raid before an expansion release. I don't think the final raid should last 2-3 times longer than other Raid Tiers.
    This.

I also don't know why we can't release the raids together like the old days or multi-raid tiers. Artificial gating is lazy content extension.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    This.

I also don't know why we can't release the raids together like the old days or multi-raid tiers. Artificial gating is lazy content extension.
    Cause if we released Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold at the same time, the world 1st players could do HC Nightmare and then jump straight over to Nighthold to get better gear than Mythic Nightmare and get tier sets aswell which would ruin the world first raid...

If The Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold are considered the first Raid Tier of Legion; Blizzard is already bullshitting us because the first tier is going to be 7-8 months long.
    Emerald Nightmare gets released about 3 weeks after Legion launch, so almost September. So if they release Nighthold in January or February they haven't broken any promise.

Deleted
    I already see Blizzard contradicting themselves with these statements: "Nighthold is an early 2017 raid, towards the very beginning of 2017." and "Raid tiers should last around 4 to 5 months."

they dont consider it as one tier anymore. EM + stormheim raid: first item lvl raid
    NH: 2nd ilvl raid

Technically there is only 1 tier set, but if u think 19/20 bosses (17+stormheim raid) should only last 4/5 months......
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2016-08-20 at 06:14 PM.

an acceptable content drought would be the length that is between major patches, which is 5-6 months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    This feels like obsolete topic at the moment: Blizzard just announced there won't be any more content droughts.
    The ball is (again) at their side of the court, not ours.

When they've failed (again), we can pick this discussion up. Right now, seems silly to talk about it.
    I feel like it's still a fair question to ask. Basically, it comes down to this.....for Blizzard to successfully achieve the promised no content drought, how long after the final raid would the next expansion come? So essentially, what is the community standard that Blizzard would need to meet in order for Blizzards claim to be considered delivered by the community?

Thoughts?
    Well the last 4 expansions.

Deleted
    This.

Vertical progression is impossible with the 4 difficulties system, so they have to release the first raids at different times

- - - Updated - - -

Because the best players in the world (0.1%) will accomplish this feat, everyone should have to wait 4-5months (early 2017) for The Nighthold to release? Like I said in my earlier post; Blizzard said that Raid Tiers should last 4-5 months; we're going to be waiting that long just for the other half of the first Raid Tier to even RELEASE.

EDIT: If they don't consider The Nighthold as part of the First Tier, then everything I said is invalid. It's kinda weird having the First Tier sets release in the 2nd Raid Tier though.
    Everyone would jump into NH, making EM never useful, they cant have vertical progression as i said. Ion said in an interview that the term "tier" is created by players. They just make raids that follow up on eachother. I think we should think of EM + the Stormheim raid as 1 tier, and NH as the next;
    Ion thinks like this at least, otherwise he wouldnt say "4/5 months between tiers" and "NH early 2017" in same interview

EDIT: in the recent interview with slootbag today, Ion explained us:
    at the start of wod, they thought of HM and BRF as the same tier, but then realised when Foundry came out, that people were going from HM hc to Foundry normal and not getting upgrades, so they didnt feel progression. They then hotfixed the BrF gear to be a full tier higher then HM, later they realised that this made HM obsolete, so now they want to have a bigger gap between the 2 first raids to make them function as 2 different tiers.

Now because of that they also created an extra raid (stormheim) to make EM feel like a full tier.
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2016-08-20 at 06:27 PM.

Thoughts?
    You mean the last four expansions?

Edit: someone beat me to it.

10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts?
    The last two? We've had content droughts even longer back.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This.

Refresh my memory. When were multiple raid tiers released together? Or did I misunderstand your post?

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like it's still a fair question to ask. Basically, it comes down to this.....for Blizzard to successfully achieve the promised no content drought, how long after the final raid would the next expansion come? So essentially, what is the community standard that Blizzard would need to meet in order for Blizzards claim to be considered delivered by the community?
    Do you honestly think there's a collective agreement here?

Deleted

Wait what? Nightmare opens around end of September. That's 4 months until the end of January. You should learn how to read the date

I would like to see longer tiers consistently. I don't understand why they think 4-5 months would be good. This means that a large chunk of guilds would not be able to even come close to finishing 17 bosses on the highest difficulty.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I would like to see longer tiers consistently. I don't understand why they think 4-5 months would be good. This means that a large chunk of guilds would not be able to even come close to finishing 17 bosses on the highest difficulty.
    It's not 4-5 months for 17 bosses. It's 4 months for the first 7 bosses. Then another 4-5 (probably 5+) motnhs for 10 bosses in Nighthold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Like I and many others said, EM and NH are considered different tier by Ion, so when he states 4/5 months per tier, he means 9 months for the first 17 + stormheim raid (likely 2 or 3) bosses

I would say non-end of expansion content should be about 5 months depending on length with 4 for small zones. Split tiers get handled appropriately. End of expansion about two more additional months based on content size and any filler events.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Well the last 4 expansions.
    Yeah definitely, I just feel like the last 2 really got a lot worse.

Deleted
    If it's too long, just unsub. It's the only way to truly show Blizzard that you're unhappy about the situation.