Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've played since mid Vanilla.

Imo, the game has only gotten better, with the exception of a few small things, like the shift from battlegrounds focusing on pvp and the kills to winning/losing as quickly as possible. Also not super happy with current rogues (and they way they look in Warlords) but this is not because of the game changing, but rather rogues not changing--leaving them feeling stale and archaic and having lost diversity due to other classes gaining rogue signature abilities.

1. Late Vanilla. Started a 2/3 weeks before TBC landed. On and off from this very moment. No matter what i was always back, raiding each expansion and tasting its unique favour each time.

2. I feel fine finishing my MoP achievements, clearing everything what needs to be cleared and spending time with ny guildies.
    WoD looks very promising to me. I do enjoy world PvP since it forces people to know and utilize their classes better, even when playing PvE only. The One has to try it all. Garrisons are a nice addition to the "Farmville-like" experience, giving players their very own piece of Azeroth. And graphical updates - what a great feature it is, every single player knows. With each expansion we had better graphics introduced, but at last i can play with more orcish orc!

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Nov 05
    2. Getting more easy and raffeled up. Milking the cow.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

1. A month after Eu vanilla starts
    2. unsubed 1.5 years ago for 3 reasons. My friends stoped also, pandaria, boring play alone.
    The weird if u can say that is that i have the game still in my hard disc.I dont wanna delete it because is a part of my life.WOW find me single, saw me married and also saw my 3 kids.
    Also u never know maybe i will come back with Draenor.
    Impressions? well wow for me was good and fun until wotlk.cata and pandaria was something more like a try to keep people in game give them LFR and other goodies,but the fun and the difficulty was gone forever.Also i thing the team now in blizzard lacks of imagination.
    I hope with draenor will change that.
    Last edited by Pallamouna; 2014-07-22 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    Been playing on and off since a month after release of vanilla and raidleading since Wotlk. the state of the game is always terrible at the end of an expansion. This is probably the worst it's ever been though since both raiding and PVP atm is really bad. SoO is significantly better than dragonsoul though. However with us having SoO for over a year it's just inbearable.

My guild is currently on a break till WoD. Every single person in the guild has unsubbed waiting for WoD

Edit: From a raid standpoint MoP imo has been the overall worst expansion. The addition to obligatory dailies for the first half of the expansion aswell as Warforged seals and the earlier versions i absolutely hate. I play for raiding, and they force me to do shit outside of raiding, which i do not enjoy.

I didn't raid the first tier in MoP due to the obligatory dailies.

It's pretty sad, because the raids are pretty good by themselves
    Last edited by mmoc9c8a116f72; 2014-07-22 at 08:22 AM.

Played since mid Vanilla consistently.
    Current impression: Well its like a long lived relationship that was once great and vibrant, turned to bitter and resentful. You ask yourself I have so much great memories, and history. Do I stay and hope it gets better, find a semblance of that happiness again? Or you ask will this only continue to get worse where the seething hatred grapples whatever good memory you were clinging onto.

Personally I feel they are going backwards and removing so much from the game, and adding very little. It feels to me they are only getting lazier and the passion this company was known for is now only a glimmer. Potential can not hold this game up any longer and very few single games have the luxury of a decade to polish themselves. If someone said to me that Blizzard is actively trying to kill its own game with WoD, I'd say yeah I can see that...it's really the only way the game would die.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Deleted
    1. Since EU beta, raided hardcore in vanilla then quit. Played sporadically in BC/WOTLK, nothing in cata, and been back for a year now.

2. A bit mixed, I enjoy the game for what it is, but generally disagree completely with Blizzard's vision. It's archaic in many ways, I would like them to focus on sandbox elements, deep character advanced/customization, open world features, getting players out and generating content for each other.

Their vision on the other hand is still adding regular levels as the only way of character customization, homogenization out the ass, and sitting around in capitals not interacting with anyone, solo-queuing for instances... etc etc.

1. Early WOTLK

2. Barely played Cata because I thought it was so awful, but MoP was an excellent expansion. A lot better than most people give it credit for, I am thinking that people are just burnt out and didn't/can't appreciate it.

Sep 2006.

Game is great - most content choices ever - but too huge and too complicated for new players.

I think most players have a burn out around 3-6 years, which explains the different opinions on different expansions.

That time is still a great record as most other video games last from a week to a few months.

The challenge for Blizzard is to make it EASY to come in and return in WoD, hence the free lvl 90.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-07-22 at 08:57 AM.

1) Mid-Classic

2) It's amazing, and enjoying it a lot.

1. Since 3 weeks after launch in Europe (It was hard even finding a copy back then, as they didnt release enough CD's)
    2. My current view of wow is that, while certain accessibility features have been added to the game it has gone to far in the dumbing down of the game. Feaures that i liked which were removed for some reason or another:
    - Class epic Quests! The best memory I have from wow is my hunter epic bow quest which I was number 3 on the server to get. It required practise and preparation to complete.
    - Spell lvls. It gave players a choice between using the highest and inefficient spell or using a lower level one with just enough oomph and mana to do the job. Choise is good when it adds depth to the game!
    -LFR a good idea, turned bad. Glad to see they are going towards more FLEX raiding in WOD.
    - Different Raid modes. LFR-Flex-Normal-Heroic. Back in the day you either raided and succeeded or you didnt and failed! All these modes are dumb in my book and severely waters down the experience of raiding, who want to kill the same boss 4 times with different difficulty.
    - Watering down of content. Ever since Wotlk this game have gotten less and less content with each expansion, fewer dungeons more dailies. Its a game its supposed to be fun, not a daily chore beyond preparation.
    - Which brings me to Preparation! I loved having to get a fire res gear set. I loved getting a nature res set. I loved helping the guild farm pots/flasks so we could all enjoy the content. For me something that you need to prepare for is something worth doing, it gives you a goal to work towards as a guild. There is way too much soloing in wow these days, which is a sad thing as it does nothing good for the game.
    - Last thing: CRZ I absolutely despise the fact that this hideous thing ever got implemented in the game. PERIOD! It is the worst idea ever conceded in the history of wow. The fact that players from other realms can enter your realm is moronic especially on PVP servers as it ups the ganking (which isnt bad per se, when it happens by someone on your own server you can do something about it. But when it happens by a PVE player lvl 90 ganking lowbies on a PVP realm because he cant cut it by beign on a PVP server 24/7 then it gets ridiculous and becomes "fun" on others expense.)

Wow used to be a solid 10/10. Today we are at a 7/10 which is a shame, since it doesnt look like Blizzard wants to improve it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    1. How long have you played? (in years)
    I've been playing since late march 2005, but took long breaks between each expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    2. Your impression of WoW at this moment of time ( there is no wrong answer as you are giving your own impression of the current game)
    Don't recall a game that hooked me up for almost 10 years I believe, so I guess it's overall good for me
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Since Vanilla

2. I am quite unimpressed with WoW at the moment. I have cancelled my subscription about 4 or 5 months ago because of many reasons directly and indirectly because of the state of the game at the moment. None-the-less I have preordered WoD and I will get my characters to 100. I am hopeful for WoD and I really hope they deliver a better experience than the previous two expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    1. August 2005 (Classic), for 5 hours.. I came back August 2007 (Mid-BC), been playing since [ http://wow.dacoolist.com/ ]

2. I enjoy the game, and what it has become today. Having played an average of 1-2 hours a day since August 2007, I would say - The game has evolved into something much different than the special snowflake it once was (That was a jab at special snowflake qq'ers). It's not going to be the same game it was at launch almost 10 years ago.

Haters, gonna' hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Started on November 23rd 2004 - The day after my 16th birthday.

2) I have to say that MoP has the dishonor of being the expansion that I have spent the least amount of time subbed with. I've quit and came back to WoW off and on since early 2008, but never for too long. This time I've spent more time unsubbed than subbed with MoP. I'm on the opposite of most people's feelings about MoP launch though. I actually liked having all the dailies to do. It gave me something worthy of doing. I also really liked the 5.1 and 5.2 dailies too. I however dislike Timeless Isle. One reason for my displeasure might be because this is the first expansion that I've chosen to not raid. Well aside from LFR but I don't count that as raiding. I just had no interest in any of the MoP raids except for Siege which seems pretty nice.

However with all that said I am looking forward to WoD. I'm saddened that it isn't giving much at all in terms of new things, but just going to Draenor has me super excited. I despise Pandaria. Pandaria does not feel like WoW to me. I don't feel that I'm playing WoW when I'm exploring Pandaria. I feel like it's Final Fantasy or something. There's many things of old expacs that are long gone that I miss too. I miss having lots of 5 mans to do and having a reason to do them even when you overgear them. That is gone and does not seem to be coming back. I'm excited for Mythic raiding though. I think this will allow Blizzard to finally bring back some really innovative bosses since they can assume every raid has one of every class. I only wish they'd start making fights that require 3-4 tanks again. That can really open stuff up. Original Four Horsemen or Twin emps anyone?

7+ Year Old Account
    I've played for roughly 7 years, will be in 8 in Jan.

The state of the game has some problems, PVE seems to be doing pretty well however minus SoO lasting far too long. PvP is pretty horrific and has been all expansion, with minor changes that often don't fix the problem at hand.. Overall, I'm not that happy with certain things in the game but it still beats the other games I've tried out especially considering how much time I've put into this one.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since just before WotLK, never been subscribed but took a break for ToT and SoO and returned approx 1 month ago.

The game is more polished than ever. There's a ton of content but too much clearly is a result of Blizzard's belief that the "old days" of time sink gaming have gone and people want, quick, easily digestible chunks with quick rewards. I can remember people mocking WotLK HCs and saying Blizzard should just put epics in a box and let people pick them up, we laughed at such a crazy idea, Blizzard gave us the Timeless Isle.

Challenge is in the HM raids but that does seem to be it but then who can blame Blizzard? The last time they tried "challenging" content they had to fend off a rebellious community that ultimately resulted in the nerfbat being wielded at Cataclysm heroics.

Enough time spent playing the game has made me realise, that for me at least, a lot of QoL improvements, a lot of seemingly sensible consolidation, simplification has actually resulted in the erosion of game play depth. It's difficult to argue that not having to worry about defense rating as a tank is simple, or that having a character sheet that tells you whether you're hit capped is simple - is it better though? Those little tiny things that sent you to Thottbot! or ElitistJerks were on the surface "pain" but contributed to a sense of depth.
    This one girl...

Deleted
    1. late 2004
    2. current? worst and most boring expansion they brought out. Themes that don't interest me, childish behavious and just content drought we couldn't expect due to them rushing raid tiers over all of mop. I do have good hopes for wod if they don't cut too much features after today

15+ Year Old Account
    12 February 2006. So i guess 8 something years? Although inactive for 6months right now so 7 1/2 years?

Stoped playing in January this year. But i liked the Story and how they used some new quest ideas and solo scenarios to bring the story to the player. But i also come from the WarCraft era . So no silly hate for pandaren. I also liked the landscape and music. The Art style in general has some very pretty stuff.

I'm just bored because i'm playing solo and have no real interest in normal raiding in Mop. I'm just waiting for WoD right now. :3
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2014-07-22 at 11:53 AM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing since Q1 of 2008.

ATM, a little burnt out. As a pvper, last season of the expac is never fun.
    Have done it all, raids, pvp, solo content etc~ Plan on giving PVE Mythic a try when WoD hits. We shall see, we shall see..