Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Ah, no. I see what they did. They didn't include his iconic shatter-mechanic for which you need to spread out in heroic difficulty. That seems to be only for the static 20m-sized Mythic version. So basically heroic is easier than the L70 TBC version, and Mythic is harder due to some extra mechanics.
    They did include Shatter (and it was included in the beta testing last night); it just didn't really do substantial damage.

Deleted
    the boss seemed to stop healing tanks, for the last 30% and the boss gain more dmg the closer he is to dieing, so i wouldn't say it's undertuned for "normal"

the question is what ilvl are peole compared to what you can have the first week? + some normal mode/ lfr gear

Deleted
    sigfh they even recycle bc bosses as well... this is the most filler and uninspirational expansion ever. On the other hand bc was the best time so can't complain. 10/20 would buy

- - - Updated - - -

also hyve stopped promoting your kids voodoogaming community/channel? Wow about time, were'nt you like a game developer, than a student, than a lower grade student?

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    the question is what ilvl are peole compared to what you can have the first week? + some normal mode/ lfr gear
    I believe Foundry will be gated like HoF and Terrace were. So for Gruul people will have good ilvls. Not so for Highmauk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Because it's easier to recycle stuff than to come up with something new, like this whole expansion.
    Or because it makes sense that he would be there. Going to a pre-Outland Dreanor means that some of the characters (particularly those who were Dreanor natives) will be there. Also, you seem to be forgetting that there is a whole raid there...he is just the first boss of it.

Ignorant statements like yours are the bane of the community.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graev View Post
    sigfh they even recycle bc bosses as well... this is the most filler and uninspirational expansion ever. On the other hand bc was the best time so can't complain. 10/20 would buy
    You're sighing at this? Really?

Gruul is the gronn overlord which are native to Outland.
    Gruul is the father of 7 other gronn and speculated to be the first gronn.
    On the Burning Crusade teaser site Gronn were once described as immortal demi-gods.
    Draenor is Outland before Ner'zhul fucked it up with portals.

Taking all that into account I really don't know how anyone can expect Gruul to NOT be there.

It's Draenor, of course we're going to see the return of some of these guys, though I am shocked that the Cho'gall model got updated. I'd rather not see him again.

also hyve stopped promoting your kids voodoogaming community/channel? Wow about time, were'nt you like a game developer, than a student, than a lower grade student?
    You seem to have a thing for me, don't you? I switched from that website months ago like I said, it was part of my course requirement and I asked in the Request a Signature thread over a week ago for a new signature, so yeh ...

Nice try kid.

Deleted
    From watching some streams last night that did Gruul, aside from having to deal with the debuff of his swipe ability, tactics wise Gruul was pretty easy on heroic, which is to be expected I guess since it's the equivalent of normal and Gruul is one of the entry level bosses. You can compare spreading of the stacks a bit to doing Brutallus in sunwell I guess.
    The only thing of note was the soft enrage mechanic that is still in there where he gets more dmg as time goes on so with the new healing model the DPS needs to be on point because healer mana pools were depleting rapidly when the end of the fight was getting closer.

The Shatter thing isn't in the fight at all yet afaik, he just has an upgraded cave in mechanic which seemed pretty easy to avoid once you understood the pattern.

Deleted
    Gruul being easier compared to the difficulty in BC also makes sense to me. Draenor Gruul is younger and less experienced while people killing him now are more experienced.

Well the fight was quite a bit undertuned wich is to be expected on the beta. My guild managed to get in 23 guys that were succesfull against the load bar boss. Best try was around 24% for a few reasons.

Blizz said they limited our dmg to smth like 75% of what we'd normally do and also we were all from EU so no copied caracter from live was available. It ofc had some visual bugs like rockfall not being visible from half the angles and that cone attack in from of him to wich i forgot the name had it's viaul indicator wrong. Basically he was attacking with it where he was facing not based on the ground animations wich obv was pretty easy to not have a problem with

I love the recycled none sense people are saying. Draenor looks and acts nothing like Outland. And gruul was a fan favorite and the only rehashed raid boss in the first 25 to be released. Relax on that stuff

In terms of the fight I wonder what will make it mythic? Hopefully a new mechanic added and not just harder hitting abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I love the recycled none sense people are saying. Draenor looks and acts nothing like Outland. And gruul was a fan favorite and the only rehashed raid boss in the first 25 to be released. Relax on that stuff

In terms of the fight I wonder what will make it mythic? Hopefully a new mechanic added and not just harder hitting abilities.
    Yes, there is (btw if you have beta, you can go through the dungeon journal and find them. Most bosses have extra mythic mechanics, even if the markers aren't in yet showing they are mythic mechanics due to not being there on other difficulties)

He has Flare: Inflicts 100k to players within the blast and hurls a fiery flare into the distance. This flare inflicts 100k fire damage to those it passes through and increases their fire damage taken by 20%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    His model isn't final, and we know that class tuning certainly isn't final either. But this testing represents a first step towards getting there - we'll certainly be revisiting this boss again for another testing pass, so don't worry if you can't make it today or if other difficulties hamper testing.
    even in beta he has the name gruul and right under it says its a place holder model. but by all means over look all that and keep the bitch fest going, its what makes mmoc forums entertaining to read
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-07-22 at 02:37 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I feel like I should know what that track is you're playing. Kinda sounds like a classic 90s house tune.

Otherwise looks like a fairly standard boss, kinda boring fight to watch. Makes sense from a lore perspective, even at his most powerful in TBC he was still an entry-level boss so he should be even less difficult this time around now that he's under the Iron Horde bootheel.

They have addon support now for the beta?

Because it's easier to recycle stuff than to come up with something new, like this whole expansion.
    Yeah, I mean, why would Gruul be there in the first place? It isn't like we're going back in time or an...y...thing...

To everyone else: This is the first raid test (well, technically second, by a few hours) of WoD, so don't expect it to be properly tuned or bug-free.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a very simple ease into the raid. No particularly difficult looking mechanics at least.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Yeah, I mean, why would Gruul be there in the first place? It isn't like we're going back in time or an...y...thing...
    And why are we going back in time?
    So that they can justify recycling stuff they've already done instead of coming up with something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    The real question is: 'Why did they make him easier than TBC Gruul?'

Seriously, this guy doesn't even knock people randomly around the room anymore before his shatter and the room is so big for 10m, it's super-easy to spread out and avoid dieing from anything.
    Gruul wasn't even difficult in TBC. He literally had one mechanic that most people had to actively deal with, along with a falling ceiling mechanic.

Also have to remember that the central focus of raid difficulty in WoD will be Mythic mode, which is static 20man. So the size of the room for a 10man really isn't significant anymore. 10 mans have always been easier on spacing issues since instances have always been designed with 25 people in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

And why are we going back in time?
    So that they can justify recycling stuff they've already done instead of coming up with something new.
    You haven't been paying attention to beta I'm guessing. There are tons of new models, mechanics, zones, artwork, and storylines.

Pretty much the only thing reused are the names of some places in-game, and Gruul.