Page 1 of 2
LastLast

can someone help me understand the bare minimum of Destro rotation?

I know yall laugh at it because apparently destro so ez!!1!!1 But I am completely new to range dps, coming from a DK tank where I can spam anything and have good aggro.

Essentially......

Single Target:

Well, writing this....I guess its easier to write it in terms of importance because theres charges and shit.
    Going from most to least.....
    Shadowburn @ 20% > Chaos Bolt > Immolate at all times > Conflagarate whenever free > Incinerate > Fel Flame when moving.
    Thats basically how I do single target....

Multi target (x3 or more):
    Uh....I just spam RoF to get 1 ember, then I do the AoE Immolate spell, then keep rain of fire up constantly as well as AoE immolate, if excess embers I use Incinerate.

My dps is about anywhere from 40-60k at i505 without enchants and shit. I dont know if thats good or bad for that gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Deleted
    please Read Brusalk's destro guide.
    is there something you don't understand in it?

a few advices:
    - as for most classes/specs do not expect to master destro in 5 minutes
    - do not cap embers. If you have maximum 3,2 embers cast a chaosbolt.
    - 1 conflagrate gives you 3 stacks of backdraft, enabling you to cast faster & with less mana either 3 incinerate or 1 chaosbolt.
    because chaosbolt is already a mana regen it is best to cast 3 incinerated in most cases.
    - you can cast up to 2 conflagrates back to back but you shouldn't. manage the stack to have either 1 or 0.
    - have an add on or know when you are buffed (trinket/enchant/potion/Bloodlust/etc pros) and only cast chaosbolt if you have at least 1 buff - or are about to cap embers.
    - don't forget to use your dark soul at the best times, e.g when about to be ember capped / when lots of simultaneous buffs
    - havoc whenever you can when 2 or 3 targets.

do yourself a favor read Brusalk's guide 2 or 3 times.
    Sparkuggz site also has lots of information & videos.
    www.sparkuggz.com
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2014-07-22 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post

My dps is about anywhere from 40-60k at i505 without enchants and shit. I dont know if thats good or bad for that gear.
    at 505ilvl ur dps should be well over 100k and take kiljadens cunning and use incin when moving fel flame isnt worth using

also use green quality gems and older enchants as a bare minimum if you are trying to save coin on your gear. Depending on your intention with your lock, if you are trying to get through some of siege and will be replacing gear fairly quick I would not worry about gems or chants on anything under 528, but after that you really should ensure you have at least the lower quality supplements to give yourself some more pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Sparkuggz site also has lots of information & videos.
    www.sparkuggz.com
    This, even though he isn't on proraiders ranks extremely high for destro anymore he is an excellent warlock and he can help even advanced players learn a couple new tips and tricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with visiting sparkuggz's website he raids with one of the best raiding guilds at a very high progression level and was one of the resources I've used to calculate which 5.4 trinket was behind PBI in terms of simms

Download Aff dots as the bare minimum to see your immo power go up and down.

Rotation should be
    Keep Immo up (recast when trinkets proc - affdots will tell you this)
    Chaos bolt when you have 35+ ember (use up all embers if trinkets proc and cast with dark soul)
    Keep conflag on cooldown but keep less than 3 backdrafts if you plan on chaos bolting
    Incinerate is filler

Replace chaos bolt with shadowburn at <20%

affdots for destro wtf lmao?

heres what u can start off with if u got 4set
    potion-> summon doomguard/terrorguard -> darksoul-> immolate-> conflagrate 1x -> incinerate till 1 ember fills-> immolate again -> quickly conflag then chaos bolt->
    then keep conflag on cooldown while spamming incinerate, spend your chaos bolts when your trinket procs and whatnot are up

by the time my ember has filled up mostly all trinkets are procc'd for me, ive got like 85,000 or more spellpower going and if im lucky probly have my 30% extra haste gem rocking too, giving me like 70% raid haste and 85% crit or so, best time to renew immolate once then spam chaos bolts. you'll get one fast one off, maybe 2 if ur lucky or even 3 before the trinkets wear off

eventually you'll develop a sense of when ur trinkets are gonna come back up, if u can figure that out i usually sit at around 2 embers-3 embers and when i know everything will be back i can start from near 4 again. always shadowburn under 20% as directed, its nice cause then u dont need to save conflag procs for chaos bolts, just spam incinerate and shadowburn like a boss, super fast casting ftw.

if u want to checkout gearing just checkout my armory. had some bad luck with drops so im only 584 so its w/e haste build(screw 25hms and their 200 heroic wf pieces)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Altoice/simple

Quote Originally Posted by HeaddsDead View Post
    at 505ilvl ur dps should be well over 100k and take kiljadens cunning and use incin when moving fel flame isnt worth using
    ERrrr really? because its about half that even at i509 with two i553 tier 2 set piece.
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    affdots for destro wtf lmao?
    Um, yes? It is a very useful addon that can help have another ember tracker, tracks rain of fire, and can help remind you to snap shot your immolate and show you if you already have. Doesn't matter how many dots you have it is irresponsible to not track their power and considering immolate per cast is just as important as c bolt I'd think it very useful to use the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by HeaddsDead View Post
    No there's no way DPS is over 100k at 505. People who are now 580+ doing 500k DPS like to remember themselves doing that much but without some extraneous buff, they were not.

Its a very straight forward spec if you understood dks rune/RP mechanics there is no reason why you cannot master the dps side of it very fast. Now their entire toolkit together does take some time to use effectively but talking about dummy/patchwerk fight destro has a very simple rotation id say one of the easiest in the game behind
    SV hunt/2h frost/Assas rogue
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, I'll bite:

ST:
    Immolate
    Conflagrate
    Incinerate
    Chaos Bolt
    Shadowburn

AoE:
    Rain of Fire
    Fire and Brimstone + Immolate
    Conflagrate
    Incinerate

What part of that is vague?

You don't need any damn mods.

Progressing through Msv, HoF and toes lock Dps was over 100k, it has grown exponentially over the next two tiers. That all being said. I can not compare my destro Dps at anything pre SoO as I raided affliction and demo for the first two tiers.
    I'd expect someone around 500-510 to pull 90k-110k on average with the current state of destro. That is also assuming for buff, professions maxed, crystal of insanity or flask and player optimized.

Earlier today I was running challenge modes on a second lock and was able to maintain around 100k single target and much higher aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    No there's no way DPS is over 100k at 505. People who are now 580+ doing 500k DPS like to remember themselves doing that much but without some extraneous buff, they were not.
    Well, I do remember in heroic t14 doing over 100k DPS on some fights WITHOUT dmg increases. Other thing you need to remember is that destro has been buffed and buffed since t14

Haha oh dear god. I got a new weapon. Im ilvl 525 with three TI pieces and one 483 green.

So with my new weapon (528 SoO lfr 2h), I went on a target dummy and did 70k dps...
    single target....stationary..................

wat.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly dont get it.

I am now in full epics (no more boosted greens, I still have 2 TI bullshit pieces). I am NOT gemmed, enchanted, but I am reforged....simply because I view that the cost to reforge is cheaper than the other two, and this is just an alt for fun. My main is a DK and the second I get a new item I gem/enchant/reforge. In other words, my prorities lie to my main, when it comes to gold...

Dark Shamans I pulled 78k at I belive it was i529.

Thats NOT good, from what I can tell. At all. I have my priorities as this.

1) Immolate near 100% uptime
    2) Chaos Bolt / Shadowburn@20 - use at 3/3.5 embers for some reason as guides say to do that.
    3) Conflag x2
    4) Incinerate x6, or Incinreate x5, Chaosbolt x1
    5) Conflag x1
    6) Incinerate x3, or Incinerate x2, Chaos bolt x1
    7) Flame spell when Im moving, or cast Conflag if moving short distances so I dont waste that little casting buff.

But realistically, I just basically spam conflag whenever its on cooldown, spam incinerate as a filler, chaos bolt/shadowburn when needed....

- - - Updated - - -

Bump, because Im pulling 102k dps on Nazgrim flex 2 at i533.
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

If you're really desperate to improve your gameplay, post some logs:
    How to upload your own logs
    Last edited by striderZA; 2014-07-27 at 06:14 PM.

Sure. Want me to record on a dummy or what? For how long?
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Sure. Want me to record on a dummy or what? For how long?
    You should probably log SoO runs, (LFR or Flex, preferably flex) So people can point out fight specific errors you make as well, of course a couple dummies logs couldn't hurt either :P

What fights? What do logs tell you? O.o
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'