Thread: Viscous Horror

Viscous Horror

What can I expect to get for a Viscous Horror? I just looted one tonight and I can not find an accurate price for one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are in a high pop server, that pet is probably duped as hell you you won't expecto to get over 40k. If you are in a low pop probably any price between 80 and 110k will be a decent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    If you are in a high pop server, that pet is probably duped as hell you you won't expecto to get over 40k. If you are in a low pop probably any price between 80 and 110k will be a decent one.
    I'm on Suramar, I fear that we don't have anyone on this server willing to spend that kind of gold on a battle pet

Still, 40k for a battle pet isn't too bad. Better than most.

Well see the issue one faces when trying to sell an item like this is that they likely find themselves facing one of two problems:

Either, A: your server is too large and the price is deflated due to so much supply

or

B: Your server is polar opposite and is too small to have either an economy large enough for someone to have the money to buy the item, or simply no one is rich enough.

It takes a "sweet spot" kind of server to get the right level of "not enough to over-inflate stock but high enough have an economy that will purchase a 100k item". All I can do is suggest placing it for around 110k at first on the AH (neutral as well) and advertise on both factions for a week or so, then slowly go down in price. It'll be a bit of a painful auctioning unless you're lucky, but just remember not to lower prices too quickly. Some people might catch onto your gradual price lowering and just decide to try their luck and wait a few days to see if you push prices down in desperation to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by kitchen78 View Post
    Well see the issue one faces when trying to sell an item like this is that they likely find themselves facing one of two problems:

Either, A: your server is too large and the price is deflated due to so much supply

or

B: Your server is polar opposite and is too small to have either an economy large enough for someone to have the money to buy the item, or simply no one is rich enough.

It takes a "sweet spot" kind of server to get the right level of "not enough to over-inflate stock but high enough have an economy that will purchase a 100k item". All I can do is suggest placing it for around 110k at first on the AH (neutral as well) and advertise on both factions for a week or so, then slowly go down in price. It'll be a bit of a painful auctioning unless you're lucky, but just remember not to lower prices too quickly. Some people might catch onto your gradual price lowering and just decide to try their luck and wait a few days to see if you push prices down in desperation to sell it.
    I've half a mind to give it as a gift to my guild's pet collector. She has 602 pets and doesn't have it yet

Find a good server to sell it on and sell it there. Pets are account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Find a good server to sell it on and sell it there. Pets are account wide.
    True... But isnt the max amount of gold you can server transfer only 50k?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quick Sell: 29,000 - Medium: 39,000 - High/Long Sell: 49,000
    - Also check out https://theunderminejournal.com

BigUP's

10+ Year Old Account
    You should save it for when WoD hits.

MoP raids will not be affected in the same way as older raids and will not be soloable. Fewer runs in ToT will happen in WoD (since most do it today for gear).

Price should go up a lot.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my server (very high pop) people are struggling to sell it for 10K.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a high pop server and the lowest price I've seen one offered for is 99k.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    True... But isnt the max amount of gold you can server transfer only 50k?
    Normally, yes. If you decide to transfer a character that's a guild leader though you can store up to the gold cap for guilds in your guild you're transferring.

Deleted
    selling for 15-20k on my server

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    What can I expect to get for a Viscous Horror? I just looted one tonight and I can not find an accurate price for one.
    Bare minimum - this pet is 70k. It's easily one of the most expensive pets to sell due to its rarity and by far the most valuable non-TCG pet around(beating out MOST TCG pets, as well).

Asking 120-150k is totally feasable for this pet. Unfortunately, pet duping may hurt your odds to sell on a high pop server - but you might have some luck over on warcraftpets.com, as many players there look specifically for non-duped pets.

Cheers!

sells for 5000 ~ on my realm