Realm Populations...

So Ive been looking to start fresh (no BOA, no gold etc..) and was looking around for as close to 1:1 server as I could, A/H doesnt matter. But what Ive come across is a few sites all with completely different info, One site says aerie peak ahs like 44k alliance while another says it has like 5k, same goes for servers like Tich, Illidan, no sites numbers are the same so Im a bit lost here, does anyone know any reliable site for this?

I use http://wow.realmpop.com/
    Comparing the Alliance to Horde percentages (47% Horde and 52% Alliance) on the WoW Realm Pop site to the latest
    "World of Warcraft: Azeroth by the Numbers" article, the site is indeed reliable.

EDIT:
    It appears the realm 'Garrosh' (PvE) comes in as the closest 1:1 with 37,938 Alliance and 37,809 Horde.
    PvP wise the realm 'Emerald Dream' comes in with 74,810 Horde and 75,140 Alliance.

Hope this helped!
    Last edited by Gersemi; 2014-07-22 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canaridra View Post
    I use http://wow.realmpop.com/
    Whether the site is reliable, I have no idea.
    I used that site too in the past. But it doesn't look like it takes into account realm mergers, making most of the data misleading. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

That site showsalot of servers with over 100k total pop, is that right? Like area 52 having 182k horde alone?

Considering Blizzard's still in the process of connecting servers, plus the general impact that already established server connections and CRZ had in that regard, it's pretty much impossible to get accurate data. And even then everything could change a few weeks later.

On the other hand, as long as the server you choose is connected to others you might not run into the problem of one side dying at all. The ratio might not be 1:1 in most cases but there should be thousands of active accounts on both sides. That's the point of these connections.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    I used that site too in the past. But it doesn't look like it takes into account realm mergers, making most of the data misleading. Unless I'm reading it wrong.
    It still is a great site when you want to know the gist of how big the server is. Even if it doesn't take realm mergers into account, you can always look up the list and add up the population totals.

EDIT:
    Also I checked and Emerald Dream and Garrosh are not linked to any other server, therefore they are still both some of the closest realms to 1:1.

Quote Originally Posted by Acousticferret View Post
    That site showsalot of servers with over 100k total pop, is that right? Like area 52 having 182k horde alone?
    Yes that is correct.
    Area 52 has 20k Alliance and 180k Horde (excluding if there are any realms merged with it).
    Last edited by Gersemi; 2014-07-22 at 09:33 PM.

Realmpop is not great as it counts players that might not have played for several months, try warcraftrealms.com as it relies on people using the wow census add on if they display any information it will be up to date.

Ok cool, Im just trying to find something 1:1, 1:2, 2:1 Ive never played on a connected realm so Im sure that will make things feel more active

- - - Updated - - -

I used warcraftrealms.com and I think the other was called wowprogress.com theyre numbers were completly opposite of eachother

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Realmpop is not great as it counts players that might not have played for several months, try warcraftrealms.com as it relies on people using the wow census add on if they display any information it will be up to date.
    I second warcraftrealms.com. Not so much for the site itself but for the in game add-on. My problem with realmpop and warcraftrealms is that I don't care how many characters there on each side or how many people others have seen online. Rather I care about how many people are typically on when I want to play. So I run Census Plus which runs a /who on the faction I am logged in to and lets me know how many people are online at that time. It also takes into account merged realms but not CRZ which is how I prefer it to report. Give it a shot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unbalanced realms are an unplayable mess. The huge concentration of one faction both causes server performance issues, and weird issues related to that like crazy respawn times because of too many players. Like in Tol'Barad where you couldn't kill the mobs fast enough to keep 10 of them from constantly respawning on top of you unless you had a raid group.

Something needs to be done about realms like Area 52 and Stormrage, where they are 95% horde (alliance in the case of Stormrage). I know servers can't be exactly 50/50, but the ratios need to be kept reasonable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Unbalanced realms are an unplayable mess. The huge concentration of one faction both causes server performance issues, and weird issues related to that like crazy respawn times because of too many players. Like in Tol'Barad where you couldn't kill the mobs fast enough to keep 10 of them from constantly respawning on top of you unless you had a raid group.

Something needs to be done about realms like Area 52 and Stormrage, where they are 95% horde (alliance in the case of Stormrage). I know servers can't be exactly 50/50, but the ratios need to be kept reasonable.
    By all means, convince a few hundred thousand people to realm change.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    By all means, convince a few hundred thousand people to realm change.
    They can't do that but they can do other things, like prevent transfers to the server on the dominant faction. And restrict faction change to the dominant faction. It will take time for things to even out, obviously.

They need to do things like restrict faction changes and realm transfers to the dominant faction once it gets over a certian percentage.

Exactly I play alliance on Stormrage and its a nightmare

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    They can't do that but they can do other things, like prevent transfers to the server on the dominant faction. And restrict faction change to the dominant faction. It will take time for things to even out, obviously.

They need to do things like restrict faction changes and realm transfers to the dominant faction once it gets over a certian percentage.
    Because that's not gonna cause an uproar right? So people are stuck on half dead realms and the only solution is for them to be forever stuck there, or reroll a new character on the server they want to be on.

What about guild recruiting? Realm recruiting on wow forums dont really work anymore in this day and age.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on emerald dream and it seems somewhat balanced. Bleeding hollow used to be 1:1 but now it's horde dominated.