Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dat grammar doe

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It used to be 20-32 hours a month of NO WOW.
    Didn't we already have a maintenance this month that was 6+ hours?

12+7=19

19+6= Holy shit...... it equals 25...

Oh my god there's more.....

25>24

Mind = blown

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

7+ Year Old Account
    They really should, I came home from work WoW maintenance started early.. Go to sleep wake up and go to get on before work surprise maintenance extended for an extra 4 hours so far. 16 hour down time for regular maintenance, and when the servers come online they will be likely unplayable due to lag or D/cs. Perhaps even more unforseen problems. I just love how during this time there's all the blizzard fanboys licking blizzards taint and kissing their ass the entire time when there really is no excuse. On a funny note, I see people playing hearthstone. This is all a ploy to get people to play the new hearthstone and buy shit, it really is.
    Last edited by RynVixen; 2014-07-22 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    A day of constant disconnects is much different than a day of planned maintenance. They don't owe us anything.
    I honestly don't recall the specifics of every instance where my account received a free day, but they weren't all related to my example of DC'ing in AQ40.
    I'm not saying they owe you anything. I'm just saying it wasn't a rare occurrence.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should to keep their customers a bit happier...

No, entitled people don't get things in the real world.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

No. Extended maintanences lasting longer than expected happens from time to time. You're really only down a few hours from their expected schedule anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

thats 8 hours you could have devoted to something more useful like helping an elderly neighbor or going outside.

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    Once again that was for unexpected outages. This was a planned maintenance day like every other Tuesday. They aren't giving us any game time nor do they ow it to us.
    I'm getting the fan boy dog pile here even though I'm here acknowledging that Blizzard does business honourably. That's why
    quit the WoW (this time for good!)
    Are you going to be mad and quit WoW if Blizzard gives everybody a free day? J.F.C.

Quote Originally Posted by drglenn View Post
    I honestly don't recall the specifics of every instance where my account received a free day, but they weren't all related to my example of DC'ing in AQ40.
    I'm not saying they owe you anything. I'm just saying it wasn't a rare occurrence.
    It may have happened on occasion back in the day, but it was still, by large, a pretty damned rare occurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Rarely did they ever give us a free day back in vanilla. There were a bunch around release, but patch day maintenance is always expected and accounted for.
    Some of the higher pop servers (or maybe ones that just happened to be shakey for other reasons) had much higher downtime than others and got free days pretty regularly. In any case, I think it's been a long time since we have gotten any credited days. Whether that is because Blizzard is more tightfisted or just because stability is better is debatable.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kori View Post
    Lets assume that downtime is all day. Also assume that there are still 7 million people subbed to the game currently. Now take the average sub price of 15 dollars a month and convert that to a daily amount 50 cents a day. During a day like today we continue to pay them 50 cents which sounds like nothing. However 50 cents on 7 million subs equates to 3.5 million dollars. The problem people seem to have is that blizzard profits 3.5 million dollars when nobody gets to play their game. However if we were to get a free day blizzard would NOT get that 3.5 million and they still do have people working there so its a conundrum. They have to pay employees who showed up but we feel they should give a free day. The simple solution is to take a 3.5 million dollar loss like a company SHOULD do if they have problems with maintenance that they enacted but they wont do that either.
    Except that the monthly fee was designed with a regular maintenance every tuesday. As of late, there have been many, many tuesdays where they only did a 15min. realm restart in place of the 8 hour downtime. So I guess every player owes Blizzard an extra $0.50 for each of those days by your logic.

They gave free days in the past when servers would go down for an entire day or multiple days in a row or on occasion when it would go down for a long stretch of time during prime time. An extra 4 hours of downtime beyond what was announced is not even close to the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RynVixen View Post
    They really should, I came home from work WoW maintenance started early.. Go to sleep wake up and go to get on before work surprise maintenance extended for an extra 4 hours so far. 16 hour down time for regular maintenance, and when the servers come online they will be likely unplayable due to lag or D/cs. Perhaps even more unforseen problems. I just love how during this time there's all the blizzard fanboys licking blizzards taint and kissing their ass the entire time when there really is no excuse. On a funny note, I see people playing hearthstone. This is all a ploy to get people to play the new hearthstone and buy shit, it really is.
    Because things always go right in IT, right.

Does this really need a new thread literally every time they do extended maintenance? The answer is no always going to be No. The only time they might consider giving a free day is when its been down for 24hours straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Some of the higher pop servers (or maybe ones that just happened to be shakey for other reasons) had much higher downtime than others and got free days pretty regularly. In any case, I think it's been a long time since we have gotten any credited days. Whether that is because Blizzard is more tightfisted or just because stability is better is debatable.
    My most recent free credit was in 2010. Not exactly "Back in the day."

Quote Originally Posted by Skutch View Post
    thats 8 hours you could have devoted to something more useful like helping an elderly neighbor or going outside.
    Oh and I guess you did something super constructive too? Did you save a boatload of Make-a-wish childrens' puppies? What's that? No? Stop being holier than thou, if he wants to wait 8 hours trying to log in to WoW that's his choice and who are you to judge him.

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Not today's bli$$ard. Although you might see a new $50 mount in the pay to win store instead.
    Tell me what mount/pet I need to get higher DPS. I'd love to buy some extra deeps.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Personally? The reason we never get any free credit days is because most of the forum players/players in general are in love with Blizzard, being their lovely fanboy slaves. Every time this happens, if anyone asks about getting a credited free day it goes into most people attacking them and downvoting them to oblivion(This being official forums, since that's where you would post about it to Blizzard) and etc. I've watched it happen, oh so many times.

@Gihel, things don't always go right in IT, and if it's an inconvenience to the customer.. You give them something in return for the trouble. Standard customer service tactics.

Deleted
    Why are people so eager to get online? Theres jack to do.

If you look back over your account payments you be amazed how many "1day game times" blizzard gives people when they do longer maintenance