Thread: "Warcraft" Logo

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb "Warcraft" Logo

MMOC user lizardo made the bottom version

I think the original logo has nothing to do with warcraft...

2nd one looks much better with the emphasis on the big "C".

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them both!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The original one has too much of the StarCraft feel to it. Thats just my opinion.
    Second one looks a lot better that C really sends out a warcraft feel.

We've become too familiar with the original font. Of course we're not going to like the new one, it's always going to look inherently wrong.

The original seems more neutral/cleaner while the second one does have a more 'Warcraft' feel to it, but I can see why they made the original the way they did. This movie gives them the opportunity to introduce the game to people who would otherwise never heard about it. The fact that the movie will draw WoW fans is a given, but Blizzard probably wants to expand its audience beyond that to folks who think that this is just another movie. Then afterwards, having watched the movie, learn that its based on a game and hoping that they liked the film enough to learn more about the WoW universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first one looks like it belongs to Starcraft. The second one is much better.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Second one, everytime. It feels right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

The logo they come up with looks shite, it's closer to Starcraft than Warcraft. Not only is this logo out of style for the franchise but it also looks pretty amatuer.

Edited version is a lot better.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    The bottom one is too comic-sans for people who don't play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    It's all in the font. At least they didn't use Comic Sans.
    Times New Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    The bottom one is too comic-sans for people who don't play WoW.
    It's still easily legible while maintaining the series' iconic logo; that's what matters.

I prefer the edited one much more too. Not necessarily because it's the classic Warcraft font, but because it has a slightly goofier, more bombastic look. Warcraft is right at home when it doesn't try to be too slick and serious.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The original logo is better. It's fine that they want to have a different font than the original to have a new identity for the film, even if it is reminiscent of Starcraft.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Having the same logo for the film and the game would be silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original looks very modern and 2014, although it reminds me a lot of Starcraft.

The edited one looks "cooler" in a sense, but it would better suit a comic imo.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    I think they both look quite good.

It doesn't bother me that they want to try a different style than 'normal' for a movie.

I don't like it. It looks like it's been Hollywoodized.

If they couldn't even keep the flavor of the title it bodes ill for the movie.

Not to be an alarmist.