Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    two is fine.

There are addons that you can install to have additional "set ups" that let you swap between UI's very quickly.
    Hi

Why only two? Because there are people who think that specializations are still limiting or meaningful in some fashion, and so perpetuate the myth to make it more annoying when you wish to change to your third (or fourth, if you're a druid) spec.

Seriously, there's not a single time I can think of when "I don't have that spec" has been a reason for me not to do something. My monk has sets for all three specs, and anytime I need a different one I swap out. It's annoying because it means redoing action bars, talents, and glyphs, but aside from a brief investment of gold and time it presents absolutely no obstacle whatsoever.

Thus, given the fact that it doesn't actually stop or impede me, there's no real reason to keep it at 2 specs. Gear has traditionally been the bigger limiting factor, and even with the new gear system in WoD I expect that to be the case there as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    two is fine.

There are addons that you can install to have additional "set ups" that let you swap between UI's very quickly.
    This is true. It's also why I don't particularly care if they ever add more than two specs; because it doesn't matter either way

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I think it works best with only two specs because it gives more importance, I guess you can say, to which spec you choose. It gives more of a reason to make another character. If you have all 3 specs on one guy then what is the point of making another character other than playing a different class? At this point why don't Blizzard take away the two skill limit so that we can just learn all of them at once? Restrictions like this keeps the game in line. It's kind of hard for me to explain but it's like in football where if you go out of bounds the play stops right where you went out of bounds whether you lost yardage or gained yardage but now we're taking that rule away because it would be better if we could just run where ever we wanted and not have to worry about going out of bounds, just getting to that touchdown. So what I'm trying to say is that you take away too many rules and restrictions to a game it becomes less and less of a game and it just loses it's purpose I guess. Hopefully that made some sense.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    There's no reason to restrict switching between specs. Look at Rift, you can have 20 different pre-sets for your character, and every class can heal, dps, tank, and support. Is it game breaking? No, not at all. It actually encourages people to play more because they can all be flexible as their group needs them to be. It encourages group play and makes setting up a raid or group a lot less stressful.

Open up tri-spec and let's move the game forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    To be honest I think it works best with only two specs because it gives more importance, I guess you can say, to which spec you choose. It gives more of a reason to make another character. If you have all 3 specs on one guy then what is the point of making another character other than playing a different class? At this point why don't Blizzard take away the two skill limit so that we can just learn all of them at once? Restrictions like this keeps the game in line. It's kind of hard for me to explain but it's like in football where if you go out of bounds the play stops right where you went out of bounds whether you lost yardage or gained yardage but now we're taking that rule away because it would be better if we could just run where ever we wanted and not have to worry about going out of bounds, just getting to that touchdown. So what I'm trying to say is that you take away too many rules and restrictions to a game it becomes less and less of a game and it just loses it's purpose I guess. Hopefully that made some sense.
    I just talked about this and how Rift addressed the issue. You don't lose purpose when you have access to more specs, that purpose is determined by what class you play, not what spec you play. If all you want to do is DPS, then roll a hunter, rogue, mage, or warlock. No one will complain if you just want to tank or heal only (as long as you're good).

Having access to all your specs does not invalidate other classes or specs. Druids are a very different play styles from rogues, as they are monks, as they are DKs.

Putting restrictions on your specs available is like saying you can either have an offensive team or a defensive team to play with, but not both (to expand upon your football example). Besides people have been switching between their three specs since the dawn of the world (of warcraft).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Two is more than enough. When you raid or PvP, people know what your role is and they won't threaten to kick you if you refuse to change. With two slots, that's more than enough. It all depends on what your guild needs more. On my shaman, I was enhancement/resto. When we needed a healer or dps, I could simply choose between the two. On my warrior I was fury/prot, so I was an extra tank if we needed one and mainly a dps.
    Only you feel comfortable with just 2 specs its doesnt mean anyone does and wouldnt it be nice as a shamen to switch between range/melee dps and heal? If you dont like to play elemental thats your personal problem but its limiting anyone in a annyoing way.

With pure DPS classes it doesnt really matter then 2 specs are maybe enough but druides can play 4 different specs and why should we switch between them? BECAUSE ITS NOT RP would be the best answer

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Sounds like no reason to call it specializations then.
    Then remove dual spec please!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I personally see no reason NOT to allow all specs to be learned.
    Because why? Because it's yet another step in turning WoW into an un-game where people look up what's "optimum" and make it so.

Making it hard to "make it so" is pretty much the only remaining defense against the optimizers who dedicate their gaming lives to fucking up the game for everyone else.

Deleted
    Well you see the progress raiders as iam will optimize anyway for each boss. If it means to switch a spec or reforge gear or infuse new gems into my gear. So tell me please optimizing means what to you? That you can do easier and we are talking about just another for the non hardcore players. Do you really think that if in your raid is an enhancer ele and now 1 heal is missing you need to wait 60 minutes for a heal to come is a good way? or this guys goes to the trainer and respecs because he can play heal with ele gear. not the best but he can. he needs to switch his bars and so on. It takes around 5-10 minutes and its not that fun.

As you see even yet if you want you can do it but it just suck. It makes absolutly no fun to switch bars. But hey this is my devotion of live to the game so i have to endure it? Or my friends who play on rank like 10k they have to endure it because ... they should not optimize? or why tell me resonable?

Because they need something to offer everyone to pre order the next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Hey Blizzard,

I am just curious as to why we are limited to only 2 specs for a specialization? I understand you have a reason but i don't know what that reason is for this restriction. i have 4 sets and i would like to play all of them as a please without having to re-spec and re-setup my key bindings etc.

I was around at a time where there was only one specialization but the game has come a long way since than.

Can you explain to me the reason for this restriction.
    We have 2, why can't we just get as many specialization slots as possible instead of just 2?
    Can you explain to me why you're addressing a message to Blizzard on a non-blizzard website?

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be nice for classes that Heal Tank and Dps.

As for me, tri-spec was always falling into same category of awesomeness, as Tauren Paladins. I.e. it's something, I wanted since the day one, but that probably will never happen. You know, deep in my soul I'm collector. That means, I don't feel entity as complete, if I don't hold all it's pieces in my hands. So my characters are felt incomplete without tri-spec. Yeah, I can use addons to achieve almost the same result, but it just feels dull without that fact being reflected by game somehow. Damn, if that feature would be implemented in WOD, I could even consider buying it no matter what only for the sake of this single feature.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Sounds like no reason to call it specializations then.
    They aren't anymore, it's just flavour at this point which is the point.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

it would make for more healers and tanks and make queue times faster

Deleted
    2 specs is more than enough, everyone will otherwise need on all the gear that drops and they will have to redo the lootsystem again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Hey Blizzard,

I am just curious as to why we are limited to only 2 specs for a specialization? I understand you have a reason but i don't know what that reason is for this restriction. i have 4 sets and i would like to play all of them as a please without having to re-spec and re-setup my key bindings etc.

I was around at a time where there was only one specialization but the game has come a long way since than.

Can you explain to me the reason for this restriction.
    We have 2, why can't we just get as many specialization slots as possible instead of just 2?
    A: this is not a Blizzard site, saying 'hey Blizzard' here is like staring at a box of cat litter and saying 'hey dog'.

B: it used to be one spec, two is fine. The moment Blizzard caves and gives us 3 specs, people like you will complain that it isn't four.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    A: this is not a Blizzard site, saying 'hey Blizzard' here is like staring at a box of cat litter and saying 'hey dog'.

B: it used to be one spec, two is fine. The moment Blizzard caves and gives us 3 specs, people like you will complain that it isn't four.
    I actually want 4, I'm druid. Need before greed ! main spec > always priority in loot system!

I think 2 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    two is fine.

That should be a standard UI feature honestly.

sometimes you need to learn thinking question standing angle of blz. believe decide of blz is hope of most of player.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Thunderbrew View Post
    sometimes you need to learn thinking question standing angle of blz. believe decide of blz is hope of most of player.
    what does this mean?