Thread: hating hunters?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Hunters can easily place top 3, EVERY time in any dps encounter.
    Not really.

Cleave/AoE-fights you'll get rekt by affliction warlocks, fire mages, windwalker monks, arcane mages, combat rogues.

Single-target you'll get rekt by affliction warlocks, combat rogues, enhancement shamans, feral druids, fire mages and prolly sub rogues too.

Deleted
    Also DPS wise in our guild anyways myself and the other hunters BM and SV are all doing well apart from the locks doing what they do on most fights in most fights farm and progression your see a hunter in top 5 and on our newest progression kill HC Gary only feral and druid tank was higher so i think there in a good place atm and can keep up with any dps >except affi locks lol<

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftbamboo View Post
    Also DPS wise in our guild anyways myself and the other hunters BM and SV are all doing well apart from the locks doing what they do on most fights in most fights farm and progression your see a hunter in top 5 and on our newest progression kill HC Gary only feral and druid tank was higher so i think there in a good place atm and can keep up with any dps >except affi locks lol<
    Just anecdotal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Just anecdotal.
    True i can only go on my own experiance i do think that hunters are doing ok though we are mid to slightly higher and thats the best place to be as if your on top you might get a nerf to much pressure as a lock if your not top then your bad attitude would get to me lol

I don't think that being mid is the "best" place to be. I think being top is. I wouldn't mind being an affliction warlock. An entire tier of completely ridiculous OPness that won't get nerfed anytime soon. Count me in on that.

Deleted
    true it would be nice but i would get a horrible feeling id be gettin nerfed every complaint on the forum although locks have someone how surivived for so long knowin my luck it would last a lockout lol but atm i am content with if i play to my best ability i can compete and i htink i prefer that to if i just play ok i will double the dmg on cleve fights of everyone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I've seen more bad Ferals, Ele Shamans and Warlocks than Hunters.
    The elemental shaman one always drove me nuts. It is one of the most braindead specs in the game and people still manage to be bad at it? That's a special kind of derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    The elemental shaman one always drove me nuts. It is one of the most braindead specs in the game and people still manage to be bad at it? That's a special kind of derp.
    Same goes for Fury Warriors and Shadow Priests unfortunately...

Fury Warrior: Use as much as possible abilities inside Colossus Smash(6s every 20s) and use BT on CD
    Shadow Priest: Use MB on CD, refresh DoTs on trinket procs.

It's just overwhelming how many bad players from these classes/specs you can find.

Beast Mastery Hunter: Use KC on CD, use Arcane Shot not to focus cap.

All specs other than probably feral, fire and subtelty are kinda braindead. And those 3 not hard per se, just a whole lot fiddlier than the others.

No kidding. Ele spec with Ele trinkets but Resto gear, ~525 ilvl, I can pull more dps than several of the ~550 ilvl Ele's I've come across. Pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Same goes for Fury Warriors and Shadow Priests unfortunately...

Fury Warrior: Use as much as possible abilities inside Colossus Smash(6s every 20s) and use BT on CD
    Shadow Priest: Use MB on CD, refresh DoTs on trinket procs.

It's just overwhelming how many bad players from these classes/specs you can find.
    Fury is definitely more complex to play than Hunter....
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    Fury is definitely more complex to play than Hunter....
    Initial curve of learning is greater, because Fury is very unforgiving(where Hunters are not that unforgiving). Fury is about planning ahead for Colossus Smash, and some people have issues thinking 5-10 seconds ahead of their rotation.

Deleted
    Not really.

Cleave/AoE-fights you'll get rekt by affliction warlocks, fire mages, windwalker monks, arcane mages, combat rogues.

Single-target you'll get rekt by affliction warlocks, combat rogues, enhancement shamans, feral druids, fire mages and prolly sub rogues too.
    The only place where we are on top in mine guild is Thok

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    The only place where we are on top in mine guild is Thok
    Hunters are pretty sick for Thok: http://i.imgur.com/fPd9r68.png

As soon as you check top parses where the casters are not penalized as much by movement + other factors, we fall out of the top 5 to druid DPS, fire mages and destrolocks as well.

Not really.

I personally get destroyed on AoE fights. However, I destroy everyone on single target fights. But my thought process is, as long as you are pulling your weight and you're killing bosses, I don't need to be number 1 on DPS all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I personally get destroyed on AoE fights. However, I destroy everyone on single target fights. But my thought process is, as long as you are pulling your weight and you're killing bosses, I don't need to be number 1 on DPS all the time.
    I personally am in top 5 on almost every fight. It's all rly anecdotal. The classes I listed there were based on Medians from WarcraftLogs on Protectors and Juggernaut respectively.

I personally am in top 5 on almost every fight. It's all rly anecdotal. The classes I listed there were based on Medians from WarcraftLogs on Protectors and Juggernaut respectively.
    JK; UF, ToT... =P

But yeah, depends on whatever shitty bosstac peeps are doing. 20 stacks Thok tends to favor hunters more, is what i have experienced....

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are a dime a dozen, easy to play. There was/is probably too many in group.

Sorry, but while everyone was bored, they made hunters as alts.

Roll a lock....win.

I see heaps of locks around...almost as many as hunters...and a lot of them are really bad. I just hope most of them are alts and haven't actually read up on the class beforehand >.< But yeah, so many Hunters around these days its a struggle to get a raid spot due to " we already have enough hunters" syndrome.
    Last edited by Kavorka; 2014-07-29 at 03:22 AM.