10+ Year Old Account

[Frost] Question about Frost Bomb

I still don't understand why frost bomb isn't the bomb to take in almost all situations, minus fights like fallen protectors. With almost BiS, the haste is high enough, and that guaranteed BF proc, plus help from 2pt16 would make burst insane. Why do we hardly ever take it? Is it actually a loss? Cause it seems to be a gain.

You seem to be caught up on the burst portion a bit. I don't get why you need burst for anything in PvE other than specific fights that call for it. You're also casting it over your Frostbolt and other spells and managing it (especially with Heroism/BL/TW) can be a nightmare at times. Not to mention it's got a cast time as well. You could always sim it and/or do the math yourself and find out if it's actually better than LB/NT.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realize that, but higher burst is overall more dps (most of the time), and the more BF procs over an encounter, the more hard hitting ice lances, frost bolts, and CoC's.

Higher burst says nothing about overall DPS, and Frost Bomb does not generate more BF procs than the other bombs. Its overall DPS is significantly lower than living bomb/NT in the situations they are considered strongest in, thus it is ignored.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-07-24 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinlkvw View Post
    I realize that, but higher burst is overall more dps (most of the time)
    I don't think you do realize it because that statement is entirely false. Also, FB gives the same (if not LESS) BF procs than the other bombs. A better question to be asking is "since Frostburn is gone, why does Frost Bomb even exist?" at this point.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    It exists for immerseus!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Higher burst says nothing about overall DPS, and Frost Bomb does not generate more BF procs than the other bombs. Its overall DPS is significantly lower than living bomb/NT in the situations they are considered strongest in, thus it is ignored.
    It does if adds are going to die really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart-rad View Post
    It does if adds are going to die really fast.
    We aren't referring to short-term, mechanic-specific, fights, we're referring to the big picture. If there's a fight with a ton of adds, yeah, go ahead and use it. Otherwise, it's pretty pointless to.

PS: Inb4 "but it's broken on Beta!". This is a MoP thread, not a WoD thread. Anything WoD related is in the Beta Sticky. Just don't want to be crucified by someone thinking this is about beta.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-07-24 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    A better question to be asking is "since Frostburn is gone, why does Frost Bomb even exist?" at this point.
    Arcane PvP.

Deleted
    Frost bomb has its place - Challenge modes, but it is only place where it shines.

Griffinlkvw, there are classes like enha shaman depending only on burst dmg, but mage is not one o them (ofc burst is big part of your dmg, but it is not that huge).
    Last edited by mmocec88429560; 2014-07-24 at 06:31 AM.