green fire debacle

so after wiping for hours and endless rage and torment i finally killed kanrethad this morning
    but heres the kicker, the adds didnt despawn, and after kanrethad became unattackle, and jubeka showed up with the question mark over her head, the adds killed me, so i released and ran back thinking they would despawn of course
    but no, the adds aggrod onto me right when i saw that they were still there, so i lit my feet on fire and ran over to jubeka as fast as i possibly could, thinking that all i needed to do was turn in the quest and i would get my green fire
    but no after i turned in my quest, i got some gold, and then was killed by the adds again
    i reset the instance thinking that since i completed that stage of the scenario i could run back in and he would still be standing there for me to get my green fire and the adds would be gone, BUT NO, it had reset and now was pretending i never even killed the boss at all
    i opened a ticket which says i wont get helped for 3 days
    im very upset right now so i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with this quest besides its insane level of difficulty

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    insane level of difficulty
    What.

10characters

Deleted
    I feel your pain! Green fire quest for me on my lock took at me a few hours of painful wiping before i finally figured it out! Sounds odd about your mishap though. Maybe just wait patiently for a GM to answer you back and see if its a positive result? In the mean time.. just go spam SOO in any way you can just in case you have to do it again. I've heard its incredibly easy with a high ilevel!

yeah ive opened a ticket and honestly i will not let them force me to do it again
    i completed the quest perfectly and even turned it in and the only reason i didnt get the actual green fire is because of a bug in the game, not because of anything i did wrong

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you check if Jubeka is already standing in the shadowmoon valley by the lake near the altar? You can relearn the green fire there later after the quest is completed.

oh really? im going to go check that right now that might be my salvation if youre right

- - - Updated - - -

it worked just like you said thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im sorry im just so happy it worked out!

First of all, this is a really cool and hard fight. Instead of complaining do it again and enjoy the fun.
    Secondly it took me 7 pulls to kill him with my ilvl520 lock, so get some tips from WoWhead, stop beeing a noob and kill him.

15+ Year Old Account
    it worked just like you said thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im sorry im just so happy it worked out!
    Pleasure to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    First of all, this is a really cool and hard fight. Instead of complaining do it again and enjoy the fun.
    Secondly it took me 7 pulls to kill him with my ilvl520 lock, so get some tips from WoWhead, stop beeing a noob and kill him.
    you should go eat a snickers

you should go eat a snickers
    Theres some irony here. While it's not really any relevance if people found it easier than you did - you reacted for OTT for what was possibly a quest bug that had it's own ingame resolution you were ranting to ticket before even looking into the solution.

Gz on green fire. Some people find it easier than others, but it's certainly a step above most other intended solo content in game regardless of gear level. Unless you have enough gear to beat him before fel hounds you also have to deal with all the important mechanics anyway at least once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

We really need a green fire compendium sticky. There are currently 4 green fire threads on the warlock front page and they seem to grow instead of fall off.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah ive opened a ticket and honestly i will not let them force me to do it again
    i completed the quest perfectly and even turned it in and the only reason i didnt get the actual green fire is because of a bug in the game, not because of anything i did wrong
    After you turn in the quest to Jubeka you have to click on banished Kanrethad...

Deleted
    If you did it once you can do it again.