Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    *Wouldn't make any sense lore wise
    *Would kill faction pride
    Not really. It's a "war game" for practice. You don't really die when you're killed, you're just teleported back to the "graveyard" with the magic that keeps you from dying and released back into the battlefield in 30 seconds or less.

Make it so that you have to be in the appropriate spec before you queue AND join the game, disable switching between specs when you're in a battleground
    They're doing this for Warlords. You don't have to be in the right spec when you queue (so if you have a long queue you can quest in your other spec) but you'll be forced into the role you chose when you zone in, and won't be able to swap specs if it takes you out of that role.

Defending a flag by AOE'ing is not pvp, yes this is the strategy you must use in 50% of the battlegrounds. Give a debuff for players defending a flag so fighting outside bases (fighting in the middle) is more interesting. It's also more fun and brings the random encounter aspect back to pvp.
    Defending a flag is, admittedly, boring when no one is attacking it. But that's because half the team is ignoring the objectives and fighting in the middle! Seriously, you want to reward players for doing it wrong? (Granted, I actually like defending flags and hate randomly and pointlessly fighting on the roads, but...)

It would be nice if defending a flag gave you a slow trickle of honor; there's nothing more annoying than defending a flag for the entire game, never having it taken, and getting next to no honor because you didn't have many kills because you were so good at defending that the other side didn't bother to take it.
    Last edited by Dawnshadow; 2014-07-24 at 04:36 PM.

So because it always happens means you shouldn't bother changing it?
    Means it happens naturally.

Also, look at WoD pvp gear changes, with basically having 2 tiers of pvp gear before the conquest gear. They're already addressing it somewhat.
    A team with 2 healers versus a team without healers IS a problem
    The other team has two more dps and can dish out more dmg than the team with healers. The problem isn't healers being too strong, it's random BGs being filled with idiots who lose because they keep nuking the 400k hp player while 2 healers spamheal him in hopes of getting a killing blow. As I said, healers aren't too strong in RBGs and arena, hence there is absolutely no reason to limit them in random BGs.
    Of course you should keep objectives, but a map is larger than a few flags in a battlefield. One team using aoe attacks on a flag is not pvp, its not fun and clearly nobody wants to do it that's why people always leave flags. What could be better than designing a bg playstyle around what players want in stead of what they don't?
    You can kill those players aoe-ing the flag + they are doing a lot less dmg aoe-ing the flag than if they were actually nuking one of your healers. How is it not pvp? That's like saying you should remove goal defenders from soccer because it's not fun to have one guy standing at the goal all game, deflecting kicks.

What you want is for random BGs to be just mindless zerging, which is retarded. This game does not need to be dumbed down more.

healers aren't auto win
    gear scaling is an issue but guess what happening in wod?
    agreed to many aoe's do knock people off flags.
    the rest is just player issues that blizz can't fix.

"Defending a flag by AOE'ing is not pvp, yes this is the strategy you must use in 50% of the battlegrounds. Give a debuff for players defending a flag so fighting outside bases (fighting in the middle) is more interesting. It's also more fun and brings the random encounter aspect back to pvp."

Stupidest thing posted here in a long time, and that is saying something. People out doing nothing in the middle are the reason you are losing.

Then people will whine they get turned into specific races. Humans will whine about being turned into orcs because they wanted trolls instead, etc etc... Add button to specify what race? Ahahahaha.

People won't use this feature, just as people in Wildstar don't use the LFG system's "same server" option because they don't want a slow queue for choosing it. So it will end up killing faction pride anyway. Horde vs. Alliance will turn into I Don't Give a Crap vs. Whatever, and this game is being marketed AS Horde vs. Alliance.
    Morph them into alliance server wise but make them look the same client wise. They will totally use it if it speed up the queue. I just want my gear so I can do arenas and stop getting owned by full prideful people because this game is idiot proof. Not really... everywhere else you are "x' faction the only place it will change is battlegrounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    guardian druids are auto win
    gear scaling is an issue but guess what happening in wod?
    agreed to many aoe's do knock people off flags.
    the rest is just player issues that blizz can't fix.
    I fix'd your post.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-07-24 at 09:19 PM.

Agreed, and it just gets worse every expansion, with no end in sight. The last fun battleground I had, to answer that question, was the last one I did where neither side had any healers. People fought, and actually died, so it was fun. Healers get more and more overpowered every expansion, but gear has always been a major problem, and likely always will be.

Deleted
    But gear scaling is already happening in random battlegrounds. Why are you complaining about that still?

Are you allowed to change specs in BGs yet? I've seen other games that allow this, and it usually fixes the issue of healer imbalance.

I haven't set foot in a random BG in 6 months at minimum. I just refuse to do that crap. I'll stick to arena and rbg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    "Defending a flag by AOE'ing is not pvp, yes this is the strategy you must use in 50% of the battlegrounds. Give a debuff for players defending a flag so fighting outside bases (fighting in the middle) is more interesting. It's also more fun and brings the random encounter aspect back to pvp."

Stupidest thing posted here in a long time, and that is saying something. People out doing nothing in the middle are the reason you are losing.
    You dont know what you're talking about. Fighting between flags can be usefukl to put pressure on the enemy team so they cant group up and take your bases. If you only defend youll lose easier than putting pressure on enemy base.

Say you have 3 flags in a 10v10 game and your team controlls 2. You put 5 members at each base. Without pressure the enemy team can put 1 or 2 members at one base and use the other 8 to zerg one of your bases. Then you get people like you raging in chat that they didnt defend good enough while its really just a case of ignorance on your side.

I dont see the point of encouraging gameplay people dont like to play.
    Especially arguments like "mindless zerg" make me cringe since the only mindless aspect about battlegrounds are objectives that interfere with actual pvp

Cant speak much for the Russians as I am US. I imagine they did it to increase the pool of players in create faster queue times. The fact that they are always on the same team makes more sense than randomly dispersing them to me.

Blizzard cant fix stupid... There are things they can and are fixing.

WOD ilvl will scale up to a min so that fixes mr mage 400ilvl from getting so badly screwed every encounter.
    The promote players playing on the road is complete nonsense. BG's are objective based games rewards do and should be based off working towards them. If want non objective based pvp the world is there for you and pvp in the world is being addressed in WOD.

The biggest issue that blizzard can address is bots. The way you fix bots is by correcting why people are using them. Most bots are there for 1 of 2 reasons
    a. They are farming honor for gear.
    b. They are farming honor for gear to sell for gold.

You can not fix a. without killing gear progression. you can make it better by rewarding more to players who work towards objectives and less for mindless in range of others getting kb.s

You can fix b. by reducing the vendor amount for pvp gear and removing the disenchant option for them. Players will need to be compensated with more in pvp. They can do that by adding gold to wins and placing more gold on player corpses to be looted.

The other issue is faction balance. In the US more pvp'rs are horde so we have longer wait times. I know blizzard wont do same faction random bg's so to fix this blizzard will need to convince some players to go from horde to alliance. I think the racial changes are a pretty good start and hope they do more faction specific free transfers.

In the end dont forget blizzard cant fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it's the class balance and system mechanics like stun and fear. Ever since blood elves were allowed to be paladins faction balance shifted toward horde in PvP, also the horde tend to be more PvP driven and win more battles thus get geared more quickly. I thought the worgen would sway some of those old allies back, however that didn't work either. The way blizzard is diminishing stuns and fears should go a long way and hopefully class balance will be a bit more closer to where it needs to be in the future, and it will never be perfect ever since I have been playing this game there has been a FotM class and I don't expect that to change.

pardon my confusion in advance but I'm from an oceanic server. Whats wrong with Russian players? are they heavy botters or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    MoP bgs are heaven compared to vanilla :S
    aye - having to walk/ ride to WSG to sign up - and later to AB - they were / are still fun, but back then there were very long queues duo to no xrealm (which i sometime misses - people had more pride in pvp rank etc)

Now there are alot of fun pvp instances, and its not 110% rogue dominated as it was back in vanilla. however, with bots and people afk when things looks bad as it is right now, i really dunno if i prefere the current state or vanilla!?

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    pardon my confusion in advance but I'm from an oceanic server. Whats wrong with Russian players? are they heavy botters or something?
    let's just say: strange things can happen when playing against some people from russian servers (no, they're not all russians, so saying "the russians" is just false), e.g. perma-blinking mages, sudden lags which only affect your team, staying stealthed while tapping (for the whole 6-8 secs), etc. I've seen really weird things which i cannot understand or explain. I don't know whether it's some issues with their connection ot cheats or hacks, and I really don't care what it is exactly but it definitely kills some of the fun.

That being said, don't get me wrong. It's not only those players from Russian realms that behave strangly as explained above. I've seen that kind of things also happen with players from English, French or German servers. And if it's some kind of cheat or hack that only proves that being an a**hole isn't tied to a certain nationality or culture. But those things feel (!!! mind you !!!) happening more often with players from RU servers.

Probably it's also some kind of bad reputation because some of the most infamous wintraders and arena-abusers of the past were Russian. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    - Defending a flag by AOE'ing is not pvp, yes this is the strategy you must use in 50% of the battlegrounds. Give a debuff for players defending a flag so fighting outside bases (fighting in the middle) is more interesting. It's also more fun and brings the random encounter aspect back to pvp.
    What? Just so you know, people fighting in the middle instead of doing objectives of the BG are the main reason you lose, actually. /facepalm

So it will end up killing faction pride anyway. Horde vs. Alliance will turn into I Don't Give a Crap vs. Whatever, and this game is being marketed AS Horde vs. Alliance.
    Dunno what are you talking about. RBGs are factionless, and noone gives a fuck. Arena is factionless, same stuff here. Faction pride is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, lol.
    Last edited by l33t; 2014-07-25 at 08:48 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Two reasons;

First, they seem to be really good at dishing out dmg. Whenever I play with them or against them, I feel they do more dmg than the average EU player. They also play a lot more aggressive, and tend to stick in groups. I dunno why this is so, but that's how it is.

(a similar thing happens with Germans, only the opposite, Germans tend to defend bases, come to the support of attacked bases, rarely fight in the middle, and also are often content to just sit around and win 3:2 games instead of zerging etc.)

Second, russians are infamous for cheating. The bulk of wintrading going on is done by them (if you look at ladders, you're like to see characters at 3100 rating who haven't even picked their spec and have no gear, they are of course almost always russian) + even average russian players like to abuse hacks and bots. I've seen russians fast-capping in RBGs (as in, capping a flag before the gates have opened, or seconds afterward), russians using dispel and counterspell bots at ratings as low as 1600, russians climbing on top of buildings where you can't reach them in WSG, and so on.

Why are they like this? Who knows. Suffice to say, I wouldn't mind if they were moved back to their own battlegroup.

Deleted
    Dunno what are you talking about. RBGs are factionless, and noone gives a fuck. Arena is factionless, same stuff here. Faction pride is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, lol.
    Faction pride used to be a thing back when this game had the MMO part in itself. It was a huge drive behind the game. Anyways, no one cares about RBGs and arenas still force you to pick up the teammates from you faction.

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    I dont see the point of encouraging gameplay people dont like to play.
    Especially arguments like "mindless zerg" make me cringe since the only mindless aspect about battlegrounds are objectives that interfere with actual pvp
    If people cant grasp the idea that there is an objective behind bgs than they should play arenas, but those players are probably the ones that have issues with pillars and such

Deleted
    Biggest problem right now is either: the prevalence of bots especially late at night AND the enormous gear disparity between raid gear and instanced prideful PvP, it much worse when someone is freshly dinged, they are a burden in the best case.

You have prideful nearly able to one-shot a fresh dinged while a fresh dinged is incapable of dealing 10% of someones hp before dying. This happens in every expansion though but it is something that could be addressed better like allowing new dings to purchase a full set of 496 PvP gear (we can only purchase 476 which is nearly pointless), you're not entirely useless at that point, you can still do a bit of damage/healing and not have 300k hp. Even better, scale gear up to 496 at a minimum. It doesn't even need to have added PvP stats, just more hp than what a chaos bolt crits for.

Adding to this which is just tailing behind is the amount of CC specifically from warlocks. AoE fear > casted fear > seduction/mes > blood fear. Sometimes I just can't play my feral druid because of warlocks but playing a ele shaman trivializes the whole fear chain. I'd honestly prefer to be rooted more often like Cata and have my fear breaks than being root immune and extremely vulnerable to fear.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2014-07-25 at 12:30 PM.

Random BG's suck, in part, due to terrible matchmaking. Despite the mechanics already being implemented in other parts of the game, they're more interested in getting BG's cranked out than in making sure those BG's are evenly matched. Most people probably prefer not to lengthen the queue to make sure even healers or item level are used to pair teams more evenly, so alas, we get the shit version we have now.

Enjoy your amazing 8 minute queue time between losses.