Page 41 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    It really sucks because aside from the nose, I'm 99% in love with the model. Why did they have to mess up the nose!?
    Why are you so obsessed with nose anyway?

Yeah, agreed. I do think her mane needs to be mussied up some, right now it just looks way too smooth and neat. Even if they have to give the messy mane option as an extra hairstyle (please please PLEASE add hairstyles that affect the actual mane! I want little braids, feathers, flowers, and even bones to decorate the actual mane part with!)

- - - Updated - - -

Blizz please I want to be pretty!

Please.
    Omg yes please!! I also want mohawks (for ever gender/race) but I may be alone on that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    Because it's awful. It is the single biggest reason her face does not look like a tauren.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    Because it makes her look like a bear, a dog, a goat, and a kangaroo. It basically resembles anything other than a cow nose.

I think they should go the extra mile and make her really like a cow, and ever few seconds while standing idle she should do this I kid of course! but even in this picture you can see her nose isn't quite right. Faces 1 and 3 are closer (still a bit off) but 2 and 4 look a bit goatish to me. I think someone said it before me (don't remember where) but the artists should go to a dairy farm and pet a few cows.

Because it's awful. It is the single biggest reason her face does not look like a tauren.
    Its true. I could easily get over the other stuff if it was never fixed but the whole muzzle, nose and all is what's ruining it. For those of us who prefer to show our tauren's face off this is worth critiquing.

Quote Originally Posted by urufudo View Post
    Oh wow! That death knight skin looks amazing!! I don't like that her mane is white instead of blue though... that icy look is one of my favourite DK appearances of all the races.

The weird nose doesn't look too bad with the DK skins, at least you can attribute it to being rotted? XD;
    Yeah, I'm sad about the blue mane. Generally if my character can have blue hair I go for the blue hair. And as my DK is Frost and all ice and snow themed it did add a wonderful icy touch. :/ But aside from that? OMG I LOVE HER. And yeah, the nose doesn't look bad on her particular face, I can live with it but I totally sympathize with the complaints.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    Yeah, I'm sad about the blue mane. Generally if my character can have blue hair I go for the blue hair. And as my DK is Frost and all ice and snow themed it did add a wonderful icy touch. :/ But aside from that? OMG I LOVE HER. And yeah, the nose doesn't look bad on her particular face, I can live with it but I totally sympathize with the complaints.
    It's such an amazing, frosty blue too. Made her completely unique from all the rest of the female tauren options. But you're right, she looks freaking epic otherwise. X3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    I'm hoping it's just because she temporarily is sharing the males' skins, for placeholder purposes, while hers are made; and not that Blizz didn't think we would notice or mind her colors and patterns being totally changed. For a while, night elf female DKs weer sharing the males' DK colors and had lost their lovely fuschia. Now they have it back. So cross your hooves!

- - - Updated - - -

Gif of the new female tauren running animation, check it out!

Sig by Isilrien

I'm hoping it's just because she temporarily is sharing the males' skins, for placeholder purposes, while hers are made; and not that Blizz didn't think we would notice or mind her colors and patterns being totally changed. For a while, night elf female DKs weer sharing the males' DK colors and had lost their lovely fuschia. Now they have it back. So cross your hooves!
    Hooves crossed!

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just noticed WoWhead has come out with their super-helpful "side by side" preview videos of female tauren! Using this, we can see some animations are spot on (eg, shy, shout, wave), and some are totally different (eg, talk and run).

Sig by Isilrien

I just noticed WoWhead has come out with their super-helpful "side by side" preview videos of female tauren! Using this, we can see some animations are spot on (eg, shy, shout, wave), and some are totally different (eg, talk and run).

Yanno now that I watch it side by side I do kinda prefer more motions in her arms while she runs. It almost seemed to be held stiffly before. This seems a little more purposeful.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks different from behind though. I dunno. Almost like she's bending her elbows but not her shoulders, which isn't how people run.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    Wow, her face looks completely different when her mouth is closed. (Also her bugging teeth^^)

Its not so much the shape of the nose thats some peoples issues. I think its mainly the texture/colour draws too much attention to it. If the Nose had the same colour as the lip areas/similar textures on top it would more closely match the original and be the only improvement I could suggest to the models at present (as they are just amazing!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Camel face.

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Deleted
    some people really nitpick to much about the new models according to animation. and i just hope to clear some things up as a 3D animator myself (inbefore im a dyslectican)

The new animations are never a 100% the same to the old ones. this is because both of the models are different. also take into according that the new models are now animated with a broader range of anticipation in mind (like when you throw a ball your arm first goes back then to the front) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticipation_(animation)

this sorta explains some changes in the animations the other thing they are doing is they are preserving motion in like the arms when jumping. seriously when you jump your arms swing a bit at the elbows and wrist's seriously arms are not planks guys comone!

The animations more smoother so you don't feel like your character is an animated robot. also real bodies (human and animal alike) bounce and jiggle a bit when they move and walk

all these are things you have to take in effect when animating a lifelike 3D model

The new models are capable of doing more complex movement because of the more polygons in the rig. they can do more with the model without the skin deforming and stretching like latex. Blizzard is right to do so because the new animation's gives way more life in the characters.

IMO the new animation's are the best part of the updated character models

for a close i know some people really have a hard time to change and adapt to the new models its good to show concern and raise a statement but i think some people are just raising an argument for the fun of raising an argument? is it that bad really?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garloshan View Post
    some people really nitpick to much about the new models according to animation. and i just hope to clear some things up as a 3D animator myself (inbefore im a dyslectican)

The new animations are never a 100% the same to the old ones. this is because both of the models are different. also take into according that the new models are now animated with a broader range of anticipation in mind (like when you throw a ball your arm first goes back then to the front) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticipation_(animation)

this sorta explains some changes in the animations the other thing they are doing is they are preserving motion in like the arms when jumping. seriously when you jump your arms swing a bit at the elbows and wrist's seriously arms are not planks guys comone!

The animations more smoother so you don't feel like your character is an animated robot. also real bodies (human and animal alike) bounce and jiggle a bit when they move and walk

all these are things you have to take in effect when animating a lifelike 3D model

The new models are capable of doing more complex movement because of the more polygons in the rig. they can do more with the model without the skin deforming and stretching like latex. Blizzard is right to do so because the new animation's gives way more life in the characters.
    Thank you for assuming we're five years old and for not reading a single post in the thread.

Yes, I'm tired and cranky, but really? Come on. Golly gosh, mister animator sir, thanks for the learnin', I didn't know none of that before and my mind is totally changed!

Baloney.

Look at the new jump.

It's objectively bad, she looks like a rag doll being yanked up by the arm. Even if I had never seen the old one, I would think it was a ridiculous animation. The old one was stiff, but the new one is noodly and overly loose. That's not lifelike or realistic, unless female tauren have the internal skeletal structure of Jessie.

Hint: they don't.

Some of the new animations are a bit strange and will take some getting used to, some could use a bit of that familiar Blizzard polish we know and love. But these are the models we will in all likelihood have to play for the next ten years. Is it really so wrong to make sure they're perfect?

Other than that, the biggest issue we have is the nose, which is not a cow nose like it used to be.

I think the only one here trying to pick an argument for the sake of arguing is you.

Sig by Isilrien

Look at the new jump.

I think the only one here trying to pick an argument for the sake of arguing is you.
    No good animator could look at that jump and think 'yep my work is done here!' you have to look at the race: heavy, bulky and deliberate in movement/attitude.
    The jump is atrocious in regards to all that. She looks like shes made of rubber and has no weight to her. also no reason anatomically for her arm to flail upward at the shoulder like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but it looks like the problem with the female tauren white DK skin is definitely because the skin was copied directly from the male, same as the problem with the spots:

Hoping it's just a placeholder!

Sig by Isilrien