Poll: Aspect of the Fox: your opinion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Let's settle this - Aspect of the Fox - the poll

I'm still amazzed by reactions toward Aspect of the Fox. We get an awesome unique cooldown and people complain? So let's see if complainers are a vocal minority or majority.

*waiting for the poll

Deleted
    Same here dude, what a backlash !

I mean, I sure did hate that spell during Cataclysm, but a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then; we needed a "raid utility" for Warlords, and now we got one, end of story.

It's unique and fits our core design(mobility). Incredibly powerful for healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It's unique and fits our core design(mobility). Incredibly powerful for healers.
    This. I find it hilarious how people are saying it doesn't fit the hunter class. Like what? LOL.

I believe a lot of non-hunters have positive feelings about the (re?)addition of aspect of the fox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    We get an awesome unique cooldown.
    It's not exactly unique, Shamans have had it for ages. But yes it's quite neat as a raid cooldown.

However despite knowing how good it is I voted dislike. Not because I really dislike the cooldown itself but because I was expecting something damage related which is what our class is really about. After the removal of Skull Banner and Stormlash Totem I knew this wasn't going to happen but I'm still disappointed. This isn't the type of cooldown I wanted. I'm very happy to get it, but it's not something I personally enjoy.

Not complaining however.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    It's not exactly unique, Shamans have had it for ages. But yes it's quite neat as a raid cooldown.

However despite knowing how good it is I voted dislike. Not because I really dislike the cooldown itself but because I was expecting something damage related which is what our class is really about. After the removal of Skull Banner and Stormlash Totem I knew this wasn't going to happen but I'm still disappointed. This isn't the type of cooldown I wanted. I'm very happy to get it, but it's not something I personally enjoy.

Not complaining however.
    All DPS classes are about damage, which is why they removed stormlash and skull banner; it's useless and stackable and just flavorless. Those classes still have raid utility pertaining their class; rallying cry and AG for some. It doesn't have to cater to you and not to sound harsh but that's just how it needs to be in raid utility terms, a way to cater to more than just the class but the throughput and benefit of the entire group to a degree.

Shamans are the least mobile and that's why they had that one CD. That doesn't define them, though, the hybrid aspects defines them and AG gives them that flavoring. Our niche is our mobility, this CD makes perfect sense for a hunter to share with his or her teammates.

I dislike it because they removed most of caster's mobility just to give hunters a mobility cooldown. So now instead of being able to maximize my dps by using my own mobility, I have to rely on a hunter to not be an idiot.

Not complaining however.
    It's quite possible that you will be using it for a high movement phase w/ decent raid-wide damage rather than any time dps have to move. The fact that it can benefit both healers or dps is pretty unique.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I dislike it because they removed most of caster's mobility just to give hunters a mobility cooldown. So now instead of being able to maximize my dps by using my own mobility, I have to rely on a hunter to not be an idiot.
    Would be planned ahead just like any other raid cd, so I doubt it would be a problem outside of LFR. I'm not going to ask Blizzard to remove Bloodlust because our shamans aren't timing it the exact second that is ideal.
    Last edited by timmytompadderham; 2014-07-24 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    Don't really care.

Mages are going to love us. We already had a haste buff pet for them. Now this? Geeze.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted dislike. I think the duration is a little low for how long the cooldown is.

Deleted
    It's not exactly unique, Shamans have had it for ages.
    Huh? You mean Spiritwalker's Grace? That's a personal CD, not a raid-wide CD.

Whilst this is incredibly useful, it's somewhat clunky as a raid CD - 6 seconds is very short, and requires INSTANT reaction by your raid's hunter to be used effectively which I imagine being problematic for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    Whilst this is incredibly useful, it's somewhat clunky as a raid CD - 6 seconds is very short, and requires INSTANT reaction by your raid's hunter to be used effectively which I imagine being problematic for many.
    Raiding tends to require preplanned strategies to deal with mechanics. Unless you overgear an instance and don't care about the mechanics of a fight, you and your group have to plan what to do. Believe me, someone will ask you to pop this at a certain time and probably warn you a few seconds before you need to pop it.

And since I pug routinely on my alts, I KNOW this happens in even terrible pugs with inexperienced raid leaders for other raid CDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    Huh? You mean Spiritwalker's Grace? That's a personal CD, not a raid-wide CD.

If you can't use cooldowns the second they're needed you're probably playing in a tier where it doesn't matter.
    This is actually the only problem i see with it, for most people it will be next to useless but for hc it will probably be mandatory. There's no way Blizzard will balance normal raids around a 6 sec. cooldown, so there's no point/no harm in (not) using it.
    Edit: well it might be cute in pvp, but probably also pretty useless unless you're playing high ratings.
    Last edited by mmoc9a48be24dc; 2014-07-24 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they didn't remove caster mobility just to give hunters this cooldown. If they change this cooldown, it's not like they're going to give casters their mobility back.

If anything, they removed caster mobility because nobody wanted to bring melee.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    Would be planned ahead just like any other raid cd, so I doubt it would be a problem outside of LFR. I'm not going to ask Blizzard to remove Bloodlust because our shamans aren't timing it the exact second that is ideal.
    BL is quite a longer window, mind you. if ATOF went 15 seconds, it would be less punishing if you had to pop it early or late.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    BL is quite a longer window, mind you. if ATOF went 15 seconds, it would be less punishing if you had to pop it early or late.
    You actually lose a lot of damage if they don't pop it the exact second the boss is pulled for lusted pulls. You'd probably be right about lust later in the fight, but it could still be a sizable damage loss depending on the situation. The same goes for fox, if you don't use it the second the movement starts, all your ranged and healers lose a full cast time global. If the hunter is full-downie and is 3 or 4 seconds late, he might as well have not used it at all, because you were anticipating on being able to use a cast-time spell, but had to cancel it to move. TLDR though, timing is really important, and poor play from a hunter doesn't mean this CD shouldn't exist, just the same as others.

They can always make it last longer, but they can't have it be too strong, rather than just a "bonus" like other dps raid cds, or trivialize movement phases entirely.