Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Hunter DPS get more visual impact in WoD?

Hunter dps looks very boring compared to let's say Shaman chain lightning or Mage and Warlock bolts. Will we get more visual "oomph" in WoD? Any screenshots of the new spells in action?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Beast Cleave got a new animation/visual effect which looks p.cool.

Deleted
    I can already anticipate the dev's' answer to this : "It's on the list !".

Spoiler : In one year, our char will still pull arrows out of nowhere and fire off some good ole' tiny purple polygons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryfhus View Post
    Spoiler : In one year, our char will still pull arrows out of nowhere and fire off some good ole' tiny purple polygons.
    Having a quiver again would be nice. I think they should give Chimaera Shot a sweet animation rather than two blue arrows.

Barlenor - <Refined> - US-Thrall - Armory
    Website - WoWProgress - Barlenor #1164
    Streaming Raids Tuesday - Thursday 8 EST - 12 EST

Quivers are already in the works as are ammo pouches and other nifty things

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos the Mad Titan View Post
    Quivers are already in the works as are ammo pouches and other nifty things
    And in 2 years without a single word on them, some blue will mention they got scrapped "years ago" for some unknown and stupid reason.

Heeh, I remember the old graphical Hunter Arrow Glitches, where sometimes your arrow would scale up with boss models. You would be randomly nukeing away on Golemagg or Onyxia and suddenly BOOM, there was a freaking Telephone Pole sized arrow sticking out of them. Those were the good ol days.

(reminds me of when you could sometimes crash pug raids with the Flower Petal debuff from one of the holidays, because the size of the petals scaled up with the boss, so a bunch on a huge dragon ended up with volkswagon beetle sized flower petals raining down all over the place)
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-07-25 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    And in 2 years without a single word on them, some blue will mention they got scrapped "years ago" for some unknown and stupid reason.
    Except we have screen shots of models?

I would like a green visual effect instead of purple or light blue on the top end of the DPS meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos the Mad Titan View Post
    Except we have screen shots of models?
    No we don't. They showed concept art, that's it. (yeah, I know quivers used to be in-game, but they aren't going to re-use them)
    Plus, we've had plenty of models or screenshots of areas that were completely scrapped.

It was also a sarcastic joke, stabbing at the fact blizzard has done this more than once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's just arrows, you can't really make that many different animations for drawing (pulling the string) the bow, can you?
    I love the glaive toss and the legendary cloak proc.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh but you can, I mean you mostly fire some sort of magical projectiles, they could go wild on those ones. It really only takes an artist with imagination and a bit of time to design those things whichb I guess they dont have right now or they dont care enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new graphics system where your own effects are more visible then the ones from other players they could get a little more wild with our shots. I Loved the Ranger shot animations in Aion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khair View Post
    Oh but you can, I mean you mostly fire some sort of magical projectiles, they could go wild on those ones. It really only takes an artist with imagination and a bit of time to design those things whichb I guess they dont have right now or they dont care enough.
    If they had time for Hunter visuals, I assume quivers would come first :P
    But yea, probably doesn't take more than a day to get new visuals working, if they had time, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool to have different types of arrows like the frost arrows from wrath. Blizzard could easily do this for the new level 100 talent munitions. Each type can change the effect of the arrow you shoot like fire tip frost tip, etc. or maybe just minor glyphs that change what your arrows look like.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19316/ic...hots:id=376208

15+ Year Old Account
    I never played Hunter to get visual effect out of them. However with special quiver coming it might give is some nice effects. Also considering the auto attack talent which changes our arrows damage to nature/fire/frost it might change how they look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I never played Hunter to get visual effect out of them. However with special quiver coming it might give is some nice effects. Also considering the auto attack talent which changes our arrows damage to nature/fire/frost it might change how they look.
    Weren't those talents scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Hunter dps looks very boring compared to let's say Shaman chain lightning or Mage and Warlock bolts. Will we get more visual "oomph" in WoD? Any screenshots of the new spells in action?
    Go to walmart. Buy a bow and arrow, and fire a few arrows. Then go find a lightning storm and watch the lightning. Even in real life lightning strikes look better. Youre firing arrows. How much visual appeal do you think arrows have? Even in fantasy most archers dont really have fancy looking attacks. Unless the designers think over the top graphics makes the game awesome(which it never does). WoWs graphics for abilities are all in line of what the actual aspect would look like. A fireball looks like fireballs. Lightning looks like lightning. An arrow looks like an arrow. Except Cobra shot. I dislike firing a tiny cobra head at my target. The most you can realistically get is an aura around the arrow head of w/e magic is fueling its power.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    I would like a green visual effect instead of purple or light blue on the top end of the DPS meters.
    You gotta bring that up to Skada or Recount.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Weren't those talents scrapped?
    Well I occasionally check up on Hunter changes, and the latest I saw was the talent that gave you a choice between those type of arrows. It is still up on the Wowhead page called Exotic Munitions