Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Swift Poison

Nice to see Rogues are finally getting some love in WoD

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Perks
    Swift Poison Name Changed from Instant Poison to Swift Poison
    Clarity. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-07-25 at 07:22 PM.

Deleted
    I also hear they changed the effect of our /love emote.

"/charactername looks %t deeply in the eyes and whispers words of affection, while casually stabbing him/her with his/her *Mainhand weapon equipped* between the shoulderblades.

Summons a rideable Poison. This is a very fast mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Summons a rideable Poison. This mount changes depending on your Poisonskill and location.
    fixed! 10char
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    You're getting mixed up! It's the Swift Poisson that summons a fast mount. Do not cross up this and your fugu, that's a swift poison and it would make an uncomfortable mount.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by dak1 View Post
    Nice to see Rogues are finally getting some love in WoD
    What, what Swift Poison?
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Deleted
    R.I.P Poisonskill

R.I.P poison visual effect

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    R.I.P Poisonskill

According to the Crafticus on twitter, they're thinking of ways to bring back the poison visual effect. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    What, what Swift Poison?
    Combat perk that replaces Deadly Poison with Instant Poison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    What, what Swift Poison?
    It's nothing more than a name change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    According to the Crafticus on twitter, they're thinking of ways to bring back the poison visual effect. Can't wait!
    that'd be so cool

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    R.I.P Poisonskill

Screw the skill, ain't missing that.

The visual effect though..

That's so stupid and perfect it actually brought a tear of laughter to my face, thanks!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

If they want to bring back old poison animation, they should put it on ICD, otherwise 50% of our animations in combat will be hand waving with green glow.

This post actually made my day yesterday.

Oh dear, a name change!
    Still doesn't solve the fact that we are left with ONE non-lethal poison outside of Leeching
    Man it's good to have a CHOICE

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Screw the skill, ain't missing that.

The visual effect though..
    I miss the skill.
    It was nice flavor to take a minute or two and prepare poison, instead of magically poisoning your blades in a way identical to shaman weapon enhancements.

If not the skill, I even think it'd be nice to bring back poison bought from vendors. It's not like it took any longer to use the item than it does to apply poisons now. And since they last an hour now, it's roughly the same as reapply flasks. Just do it once at the start of your raid/pvp and again when theres some downtime later on.

Sir, 2 things have just resulted from your post.

1. I laughed out loud like an idiot at work. I hope your proud of yourself.

2. I can't get the picture out of my head of my undead lady fiddling with vials like when she does alchemy until a giant vial appears that she hops on and rides around.
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I miss the skill.
    It was nice flavor to take a minute or two and prepare poison, instead of magically poisoning your blades in a way identical to shaman weapon enhancements.

If not the skill, I even think it'd be nice to bring back poison bought from vendors. It's not like it took any longer to use the item than it does to apply poisons now. And since they last an hour now, it's roughly the same as reapply flasks. Just do it once at the start of your raid/pvp and again when theres some downtime later on.
    If you want to call that flavor it tasted like shit. It was annoying to do and a giant pain in the ass if you ever forgot to stock up on reagents before a raid. Don't forget also having to either farm up fadeleaf or pickpocket mobs later on so that youd even be able to use blind. Was always fun using my last blinding powder and not having it up in the middle of an arena match.

Now if there was a low level rogue quest that had you make a "thieve's kit" or something like that as a one time deal where you made poisons and collected vanishing and blinding powder that would be a fun bit of flavor to give the "essence" of the rogue while not having to have the pain in the ass of doing it on a regular basis. I mean hell were already the only class who has a cast time on our self buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    If you want to call that flavor it tasted like shit. It was annoying to do and a giant pain in the ass if you ever forgot to stock up on reagents before a raid. Don't forget also having to either farm up fadeleaf or pickpocket mobs later on so that youd even be able to use blind. Was always fun using my last blinding powder and not having it up in the middle of an arena match.

Now if there was a low level rogue quest that had you make a "thieve's kit" or something like that as a one time deal where you made poisons and collected vanishing and blinding powder that would be a fun bit of flavor to give the "essence" of the rogue while not having to have the pain in the ass of doing it on a regular basis. I mean hell were already the only class who has a cast time on our self buffs.
    It was bad for other classes, but the final version of reagent poisons for rogues wasn't a big deal, since they lasted what, 30 minutes? And through death? glance at your bags before you leave the city to fly to a raid and make sure you have 10 of each and you're fine... plenty of time to toss them up while people are running back from dying and rebuffing (since you didn't die because vanish is the greatest thing ever).

I'm not arguing for fadeleaf farming or Vanishing powder returning, because those get used a lot and are important CDs. But it really wasn't that inconvenient to buy, carry around, and use poison.

And it was a unique thing for rogues. Visiting a shady dealer because poisons weren't "regular reagents". I found it lovely to stop buy SI:7, or the seedy sewers of Dalaran to buy poisons from a sketchy vendor.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2014-07-27 at 05:14 AM.