Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Level 100 with premade gear. All profiles running Blood Tap and Necrotic Plague. Only changes are the t1 talents. DW Frost is using RI and FC since last I heard CG isn't working properly.

Remember, beta is beta is beta is beta. Take it with a giant salt mine.

Edit: oops, forgot to credit Mendenbarr with the majority of the APL work.
    Last edited by Nangz; 2014-07-29 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Level 100 with premade gear. All profiles running Blood Tap and Necrotic Plague. Only changes are the t1 talents. DW Frost is using RI and FC since last I heard CG isn't working properly.

Remember, beta is beta is beta is beta. Take it with a giant salt mine.
    Honestly don't find this surprising in the least. 2H frost has started out pretty well in the first tier, the question isn't really how our specs stand between themselves but currently where they stand between classes. Unholy will eventually pull ahead I'm sure. However pre-numbers we don't fully know what all specs are truly capable of. I see unholy buffs personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    It is intended to crit as I said, unless Celestalon is trolling.
    Correct (on the benefitting from Crit, not the trolling). It should also benefit from Improved Diseases. Remember that internal builds tend to be a few ahead of what is publicly available at time- he may simply have gotten it confused.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Deleted
    @Nangz which runeforge is 2h frost using in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    Mendenbarr, which runeforges are you using for each specc?
    Unholy is using FC, 2H is using RI. and DWF is using RI/FC, as CG hasn't been "buffed" yet.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    Unholy is using FC, 2H is using RI. and DWF is using RI/FC, as CG hasn't been "buffed" yet.
    I thought they already added the CG buff? Well god damit then!

Deleted
    But its there? 5 stacks with the perk

they are supposed to buff it to be better than that...which I am okay with.

When I asked Cel, he said they were still working on CG, and that it's not done yet.

Deleted
    Thank you Mendenbarr for your work, best as always!

I've updated the engine with a basic set of necrotic plague actions, and fixed RI not critting or MSing. I'm also going away to a convention till monday, but I'll continue when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubdk View Post
    Thank you Mendenbarr for your work, best as always!
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Well it looks like we're not intended to use CG any more as DW. Kind of disappointing since I was excited to see how they were going to work that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Well it looks like we're not intended to use CG any more as DW. Kind of disappointing since I was excited to see how they were going to work that out.
    I know right, I really thought it would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    What You mean RI plx? :F I may have missed something

Quote Originally Posted by Dkpop View Post
    I know right, I really thought it would be interesting.
    Celestalon said there's something possibly on the horizon, but who knows.

Those sims seem very far off from the reality I'm seeing on the killable damage dummies in Shattrath (and also raid testing w/ Premade DKs). Particularly, 1h Frost does far, far more damage than the sim is indicating (unless the sim is taking into account some nerfs that aren't live on the beta yet).
    Last edited by ThePlanckEnergy; 2014-08-02 at 06:12 PM.

maybe this is a silly question (been working with mage recently) but how will festerblight interact without snapshotting? a few posts ago someone mentioned that it could possibly push UH higher than current sims are showing but thats where im lost. DK DoTs will be dynamic will they not? Will NP snapshot? Or has festerblight evolved faster than i have kept up? lol

WoD festerblight just means keeping necrotic plague at 15 stacks, what needs to be optimised is maximising usage of scourge strike during trinkets and festering strike outside of them.

hmm shame. im going to miss snapshotting super DoTs. but i still think that sounds like decently engaging gameplay. Has the 2h/dw frost roto changed at any fundemental levels from beta play? sorry for the noobie question. DK is still my secret baby lol

DW is currently similar to how it was before we stopped using obliterate and soul reaper, but it'll get a lot slower with yesterday's changes.

2h frost is largely unchanged apart from using razorice, as far as I know. It will also get slower.