Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When did you go Unholy?

What ilvl did you guys go unholy? I just got a heroic 2H putting me at 572, wanted to know if it would be worth me going Unholy over 2H Frost, or if I should should wait a few weeks to 4/4 valor upgrade some more gear (including the weapon).

I changed at 540 and it was worth it. But maybe i just suck at deathknighting.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

560 and i'm pretty impressed with unholy since then considering everyone i end up grouping with is so confused when they see a dk that isnt frost doing well...ugh

I went unholy at ilvl 60.

rest of yall aint loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

rest of yall aint loyal.
    Unholy DPS and Unholy Tank spec in Wrath (bone shield was in the Unholy tree)... double Unholy specs baby!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alany View Post
    560 and i'm pretty impressed with unholy since then considering everyone i end up grouping with is so confused when they see a dk that isnt frost doing well...ugh
    Put a good player that knows what they're doing on any "underperforming" spec and put them against a bad player on an "overperforming" spec, and guess who wins most of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by alany View Post
    They must not see many serious DK's then

Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    Put a good player that knows what they're doing on any "underperforming" spec and put them against a bad player on an "overperforming" spec, and guess who wins most of the time?
    Except that unholy isn't 'underperforming' at all ~

I've been Unholy since I made my DK, only switched once this yore for progression H Spoils. Unholy is the bees knees.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

rest of yall aint loyal.
    Praise the Unholy Loyalist!

Down with the Frost Fascists!

10+ Year Old Account
    I went unholy when Blood DPS got the axe.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    They switched when the 2 button frost spam finally pushed them over the edge of boredom.

In January when Aerdil posted his Unholy logs a week or two after the UM buff had gone in. Been UH since.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
    They switched when the 2 button frost spam finally pushed them over the edge of boredom.
    This is probably true for many. Unholy just feels wrong to me, more like a warlock than a melee character, though I acknowledge that it is the better choice for pretty much every situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrogol View Post
    What ilvl did you guys go unholy? I just got a heroic 2H putting me at 572, wanted to know if it would be worth me going Unholy over 2H Frost, or if I should should wait a few weeks to 4/4 valor upgrade some more gear (including the weapon).
    It's around the time you get TTT, EEG, and 4 set (all normal) that you want to switch. Festerblight for single target fights and traditional UH for adds fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
    Kind like Festerblight's 3 button rotation? Or Traditional's 3 button rotation?

i was unholy for most of H:SoO progression. only went frost for the last 3 bosses.

Since lvl 55

Unholy tank and Blood dps originally - then Unholy dps when Blood became tank only

I <3 timmy/supertimmy (and wandering plague was awesome, like in those huge icc packs!)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-07-23 at 03:24 PM.

I was in Wrath beta, so since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    I was in Wrath beta, so since then.
    I loved unholy from day 1! play it now, will never get caught in the flavor of the month game. UFL {Unholy For Life}

10+ Year Old Account
    I went Unholy sometime in 2008, and never looked back. I suggest that everyone changes to it from Frost every chance I get. So do it!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Deleted
    I ran my own character through the sims yday (sitting at ilvl 572, H 2H wep 4/4), my own results simmed at ~360k for 2H Frost and ~340k for UH. I'm thinking that this might arise because the profile I used wasn't using the FB style rotation on single target, but could it also be due to having a H 2H fully upgraded vs largely normal gear (also 4/4) in my other slots given the lesser reliance on wep dmg by UH compared to Frost?

Naturally ingame results will always differ from the sim given the style of fights in Siege, but out of curiosity do others also see this kind of favouring for 2H frost in sims around this ilvl? Also, if someone wouldn't mind posting up the string for the FB rotation for simcraft that would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    This is probably true for many. Unholy just feels wrong to me, more like a warlock than a melee character, though I acknowledge that it is the better choice for pretty much every situation.
    I think that's exactly what the Unholy spec is supposed to be, though. Like Affliction, a "painful" burn with dots, pet attacks and some big hits mixed in here and there.

I like the unholy theme a lot more