Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that most posters that have my point said that the biggest problem is players basically tiring themselves out going hours and hours into a battle.

Now this might sound a little unhealthy... but that's exactly what I was going after. Sure even now taking hundreds of pulls on a ~10 minute fight adds up to many hours, but when you get that kill after that 10 minutes... sure it feels great, but it feels great in a wrong way. It feels great that you got that repetitive 10min parse completed, and you're already tired of ever seeing it again. There is no feel of epicness, but more of just relief.

But imagine going hours into a single boss battle that never repeats itself during the time, every phase is something new, cool and difficult.

Just having something like this in the game would make the game much more epic.
    Last edited by Deztru; 2014-07-28 at 06:13 PM.

The problem is you don't have to THINK at all in raids. Almost no adapting to the situation, almost no thinking on your feet, everything happens according to the script.

Sha prisons and adds and everything happen at precise intervals. You can program something like DBM to time it out, give you neat little bars that tell you exactly whats gonna happen and when. You can have your strategy set up so every single person in the raid knows exactly what to do at all times.

Imagine a boss where mechanics changed. What it did, who it targeted, how it behaved, what kind of timing it used, all of it different every pull. If players had to actually think on their feet and adapt to what was happening, you would have a true gap and disparity between skilled players and non-skilled players. Even really horrible, crappy players can kill heroic bosses with enough time put into attempts because all they have to do is repeat the same actions over and over and over and over. There is never a moment where you don't know what to do, because the strategy is laid out before you.

Atm raid leaders basically "explain" fights and tell you exactly whats gonna happen and how the raid will react to it, once everyone knows all that crap all raid leaders do is call out who gets affected by junk and when certain mechanics happen for all the people with tunnel vsiion. Imagine if raid leaders had to actually lead, recognize a need that was formed by the situation changing and then assign people to deal with it on the fly. Imagine having your guild officers actually having to DO something like taking command over smaller groups of players like a healing officer coordinating the healing going out and to who, various DPS teams dealing with different situations, and the raid leader orchestrating it on the strategic level as a whole.

I think those would be fun fights. But players are so crappy they can't even do the simple fights that already exist where you basically stand in one spot most of the time, move once in a while, occasionally switch targets, and it's still too hard for them. Hell most players can't even do the DPS they should be able to do with the gear they have because they don't know how their DPS rotation works. But still, a man can dream.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proper gear down scaling challenge with random mechanics thrown in. Forcing players to play re-actively instead of planning ahead and just re-enacting a simulation.

I half-way wish Mythic was this. Forced to kill bosses at a minimum gear level. Reward players in a special way instead of gear inflation.

No items/potions/professions.

No battle-res.

Final De...I got carried away.

Either way I'm tired of people saying "x is easy" because they looked up information, practiced on PTR, or use mods. Or just got carried enough times that the information is figuratively spoonfed anyway.

I wish timers in general were frowned by Blizzard, but people will just find some third-party way to deal with it.

I got bored of raiding (and pvp, but for more important reasons) because everyone just plays Simon Says with their mods instead of actually reacting and playing.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Every fight should have Hexos mechanics from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    All celestial with 10x more health, active at the same time.
    Other than the fact you can't have more than one active at a time, this isn't as difficult as you think it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    The problem is you don't have to THINK at all in raids. Almost no adapting to the situation, almost no thinking on your feet, everything happens according to the script.
    Having bosses totally random is more annoying than abilities on cooldown like they are today. With random shit every boss would be "move out of fire" strategy, and the only requirement to be a raider would be fast reactions to move out of the said fires.

For example whole Lei Shen encounter would be 100% impossible because it's based on stacking and spreading in certain areas at certain times. Or imagine Garrosh heroic where whirlwind, desecrated weapon and MC can happen at any time, totally randomly... Sure it would be more difficult, but it would be also just hectic button mashing without any hope of making plans which is half of the fun in raiding, thinking it out.

Deleted
    It would be fun to see something that required guild contribution.

Like, having to have 2 mage tanks, and they each need a different set of res gear, and the res gear is ridiculously hard to get so everyone has to work together - sort of like molten/lava cores being used to gear up your tanks in MC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    All celestial with 10x more health, active at the same time.
    Stack mages to spellsteal 200% haste and spread combustion. Even without that I don't really think it would be a hard fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    For example whole Lei Shen encounter would be 100% impossible because it's based on stacking and spreading in certain areas at certain times. Or imagine Garrosh heroic where whirlwind, desecrated weapon and MC can happen at any time, totally randomly... Sure it would be more difficult, but it would be also just hectic button mashing without any hope of making plans which is half of the fun in raiding, thinking it out.
    I agree. The fact that encounters are repetitive is what allows them to be truly difficult without being impossible. Purely moving out of fire is not difficult.