Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Eh, so what's happening with savage roar now?

Anyone on beta able to enlighten?
    From what I can see on wowhead, the perma talents gone and 0 point glyphs gone - there's just the bonus points if attacking from prowl now?

Quote Originally Posted by rakkar View Post
    Anyone on beta able to enlighten?
    From what I can see on wowhead, the perma talents gone and 0 point glyphs gone - there's just the bonus points if attacking from prowl now?
    Glyph of Savagery is a major glyph that makes SR passive- it just has a 5% reduced effect (35% phys damage instead of 40%?). If you use the Saberon form but don't use this glyph, the rotation is essentially the same as it is now. If you use the other talents, the rotation is a little more complex (although one simulates the current DoC rotation in that you use HT to boost your damage).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like it is right now on live...savage roar is still a spell, but there is currently a glyph that makes it passive but reduces it's effectiveness by 5%.

Deleted
    cool ty - couldn't see it on WoD wowhead (they only show the SR prowl glyph) so was wondering if it had been removed in the latest build.

Is there any scenario where the glyph is worth taking though?

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post

It was a very questionable choice when it did 5% more damage, at this point it would be a very bad choice. The replacement sounds like a PvP only talent. If you were a PvE Feral in MoP and did not play DoC you currently have zero good choices in WoD unless Lunar Inspiration turns out to be very very good.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Claws of Shirvallah (CoS), it gives 5% more versatility (5% more damage, 2.5% less taken) so, with this glyph you would deal 141.75% of normal physical damage, and raise your dps because you could use ferocious bite more often, and deal 1.25% more damage (not counting the glyph+CoS) so your rotation would have more damage dealing abilities in it, and it may be a great choice for a lvl 100 talent and a glyph because they go together
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2014-07-26 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    Does anyone know where I can get Glyph of Savagery on beta?

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get Glyph of Savagery on beta?
    You can't yet afaik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    PvPwise its pretty great. Less uptime in PvP, less combopoints in general, less white swings. Having the equiv of an extra rip/maim/bite every 50 seconds feels better than that 5% damage.
    Can't really test it yet anyway until there's a proper numbers pass. Feels like ferals in general aren't doing damage yet. Either that or im missing something glaringly obvious. But i'm not getting within any sensible range of my monk/warriors damage. [Chi Explosion is fine guys]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashiix View Post
    Probs in next build.
    Im guessing this too.

OT: For pvp it seems obvious to go with the savagery-glyph and claws-talent.

Why do I keep seeing an extrapolation of "how weak was SR-passive talent compared to the other 2 talents" , to support claims of how weak the glyph will be compared to.....nothing?

The fact that +5% SR was weaker than the other two talents has nothing to do with how weak the glyph will be.

Edit: Same deal in the other thread as well http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...umanoid-talent

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to become... More Savage! #DealWithIt #WarlordsOfSavage #NotSavageEnough

I am just glad they are keeping a passive version in the game. Savage roar is beyond frustrating in most PvP situations. So many times I have wasted energy/combo points because I don't get the opener off correctly due to lag, or I get off a good SR then get CCed for most of the time its up... It got to the point where I felt like I was constantly struggling to use CP on anything other than SR... especially almost never getting to use FB. The only huge disadvantage to not having SR is that, on those rare occasions, you need to use CPs to heal or root ASAP. Without SR you can only use them in melee range.

In PvE whatever. The rotations are not that hard without it. Might as well keep the damage boost and have one more bar to pay attention to during a fight.

I will gladly take a 5% reduction for 100% uptime. The amount of times I've gone to go for a big Rip or Ferocious bite with trinkets up only to realise SR is about to fall off has annoyed me greatly whilst learning to play Feral in PvP.

Though 5% reduction of damage replaced with more uses of Ferocious Bite/Rip/Maim makes me think it would actually help my PvP as feral.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

I honestly think that I'll deal more DPS with a small 5% reduction but with it being active all the time. I know that there are times when I fail to see that Savage Roar is not up, greatly reducing my DPS.

And it is good for those who are playing Feral for the first time, letting them get the hang of things, since it is a pretty complicated spec.

I can definitely see it being useful in PvP. In PvE with no SR and no trinkets to snapshot, I'm not exactly sure what you're suppose to do with your combo points once you start gearing up. Unless Ferocious Bite gets a much larger buff during the tuning pass which is unlikely it sounds like Feral will be a snooze fest.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I can definitely see it being useful in PvP. In PvE with no SR and no trinkets to snapshot, I'm not exactly sure what you're suppose to do with your combo points once you start gearing up. Unless Ferocious Bite gets a much larger buff during the tuning pass which is unlikely it sounds like Feral will be a snooze fest.
    From what I remember reading in Patch Notes Ferocious Bite damage had been doubled. Unsure if that remains the case though since I've not really been following the druid patch notes for a while.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    From what I remember reading in Patch Notes Ferocious Bite damage had been doubled. Unsure if that remains the case though since I've not really been following the druid patch notes for a while.
    It doesn't seem to hit very hard on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    It doesn't seem to hit very hard on beta.
    How does it hit compared to your other abilities? It might just be that feral are under tuned atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.