Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Being 10 years old and "looks crappy" are different problems, especially how you emphatically point out how much the new stuff look crappy.
    Don't put words in my mouth, I've never said the new sets looks crappy. All I ask for is some SIMPLE armor with more than 5 polygons.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    If Blizzard would dare to make something like that a Tier set, people would bitch about it being WAY too simplistic/bland to no end.
    They kind of already did with this expansion's new gear model. It's not AS simplistic but the new raid finder gear is laughably boring, as with most of the normal tier sets.

Of course this is just my opinion, but they are definitely simpler than they have been in the past.

Except mythic, and then everything else is far higher in quality with the exception of the typical flat textured chest/legs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    They kind of already did with this expansion's new gear model. It's not AS simplistic but the new raid finder gear is laughably boring, as with most of the normal tier sets.
    There's some good effort in the new tier. The Druid set is very nice, at least there's no tree on my shoulder with hive of spiders in it. I'd much prefer it over the other two sets.

The Paladin sets look like power rangers are go again :-/
    Last edited by mmocdd602b3b80; 2014-07-27 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Oh look what just came in the very day that this Topic was started?

BTW: There have always been normal Armor, mostly in Quest Greens or Dungeons, for Example in Mists:
    http://mop.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1520#.

You can have ridiculously over the top gear or erotic gear or realistic gear the chioce is yours I don't see why prople complain.

€dit can mod pls resize pic I dont know how sniff sniff
    Notice that I referenced this armor set in my post :P

Deleted
    I think it's annoying that NPCs have some simple yet cool sets that probably players can't get. Just like the new human guard and draenei guard sets.

Deleted
    As someone has already said and posted. The gear from LFR is pretty simplistic if that is waht your after. However, the problem that you run into is that most of the fanbase will complain if a tier set looks 'normal' or bland! The majority of people playing now want flashing lights, big shoulders, items hanging off the tier sets. To be fair, i'm more of a fan of the much older tier sets such as 1, 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that WoWs armor models are so over-the-top? I mean I'm not saying stop making them because I know people love them but at least make some more practical nice looking armor models for transmog lol. Like the new Stormwind guard armor. I LOVE that model and would wear that on my paladin over anything with a real looking sword and probably the shield from culling of Strat lol. Does this bother anyone else or is it just me?
    The phrase "lol" is not punctuation. Seeing that twice in one post with nothing remotely amusing is so distracting. /rage

On Topic, I basically disagree with a lot of the thread. I'm game for whatever looks cool enough to me, and I'd rather let Blizzard make their own artistic decisions. If I like it, I'll use it. If I don't like it, I probably won't use it. Criticism is fine, and while I may disagree here, it should probably still be voiced. However, if a practical fantasy isn't in their design cards, so be it. Not everyone is going to have the armor they want in the game, although honestly there is a massive amount of varied armor in the game, more than in any other game I've ever played, so that's cool IMO.

Honestly I actually hated the cloth armor in Guild Wars 2 and FF14. Most simple cloth sets look like shit to me. If I wanted something awesome I'd have to play a class that I didn't want to. I also usually end up playing a battlemage type character in games that allow it (such as the Elder Scrolls series) simply because most light armor looks like shit to me and heavy armor almost always doesn't look like shit to me. This is especially true after playing WoW, and having such awesome sets for mage as T8, T3, T10, T11, T12, T13, T15, CM Gear and some PvP gear (jury still out on T17 & WoD CM gear).

I think they should add in better quality simple gear, particularly if it's already going to be in the game. Nothing really wrong with more variety, I suppose, but I do not think simple armor fits the universe on the player end.

(Note: A bit aggressive on the first bit of the post, mostly because it seems like people just want some simple sets to be part of the new spotlight, even though there are simple sets in the game as others have pointed out. More variety with better models is a fair point though.)
    Last edited by Sephurik; 2014-07-27 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth, I've never said the new sets looks crappy. All I ask for is some SIMPLE armor with more than 5 polygons.
    Look at the levelling gear added in Cataclysm. There are quite a few sets, simple in design but decent quality.

Some examples:
    http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=198
    http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1092
    http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1384
    http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1114

Some from Mists, too:
    http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1503
    http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=103

There are nice, simple sets to be had. You just have to look beyond tier gear.
    Last edited by 7seti; 2014-07-27 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad you made this thread. When I saw the updated Stormwind Guard armor, I almost made a thread about this same subject.

I think that there is beauty in simplicity sometimes. I'd like Blizzard to make a set for every class that is visually classic.

Like updated pointy hats for the casters, a simple knight set for plate, a Zorro-type mask for rogues,a Monk Set that looks exactly like the Pandaren Pet's outfit.

Make the pilgrim's bounty hats transmoggable.

I like the over the top stuff, but I'd like more choice for traditional.

All the Armor and weapons look all chunky and jagged now.

Another thing I'd like to add, is that a lot of old world transmoggable items don't have a full set of the same colors.
    Blizzard could fix this.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2014-07-27 at 06:10 PM.

WoWhead has datamined the sets you can get from garrison armory, they look pretty good (Except the plate, and my main is warrior... ~_~ ), they have that "real savage-like" orcish vibe, but don't glow or do other over-the-top stuff, if that is the new design direction for gear, sign me up. (But improve on the plate designs :P )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    I don't think WoW would look good with 'normal / plain' types of sets. People wouldn't like it, it's too different and not in line with the cartoon style of the franchise.
    It's more like they can't do it.

They are not able to do a mesh for every race and gender combination that would also not look bad when some piece is missing. The armor style is heavily influenced by the fact that only few parts of armor can change shape of the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tianae View Post
    I think it's annoying that NPCs have some simple yet cool sets that probably players can't get. Just like the new human guard and draenei guard sets.
    Actually, it looks like there's a good possibility that the new human guard set will be available to players.

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/493196063612755970

I hope they eventually let you mog that new Stormwind set, either through vanity rewards or maybe let BS craft mog armour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I play a Shaman and it is insanely frustrating trying to form an mog set that I feel truly fits me personally and this is the most awesome armor set I've ever seen other than the dark shaman armor. It is so simple yet so awesome but because Blizzard is a bunch of assholes it's not available to players -.- *to my knowledge*

- - - Updated - - -

And this one as well

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ They already said they're planning to make the Frostwolf set available as well.

https://twitter.com/mumper/status/493158687419432960

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    If Blizzard would dare to make something like that a Tier set, people would bitch about it being WAY too simplistic/bland to no end.

^

They made that a tier set, and the tier set for arguably the biggest tier in this game's history.

Was maining a hunter at the time, was so pissed. Everyone else rocks, we get....an armor set that looks like it was made out of a log. Hell the helm is a frickin log house from the early questing zones I swear.

Whoever designs the hunter tier/approves it needs to be fired.

Knowing blizz it will be some goofy alternate color or different in some annoying way lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    *snip*

They made that a tier set, and the tier set for arguably the biggest tier in this game's history.

Was maining a hunter at the time, was so pissed. Everyone else rocks, we get....an armor set that looks like it was made out of a log. Hell the helm is a frickin log house from the early questing zones I swear.

Whoever designs the hunter tier/approves it needs to be fired.
    I actually really like that set, just not in that color. I think most Hunter sets look quite good tbh.

Just goes to show that taste is subjective. They're never going to please everyone, you just gotta go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I actually really like that set, just not in that color. I think most Hunter sets look quite good tbh.

Just goes to show that taste is subjective. They're never going to please everyone, you just gotta go with it.
    It's a log :|

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they could still make really cool and impressive looking armor even if they toned the style down a bit. It doesn't have to look bland or boring even if it was all less bulky and more minimalistic. You know make cloth, mail, leather and plate look like it's actually constructed out of those materials or, at the least, have some distinct difference between them. And make swords and axes actually look sharp and not made out of wood.

The problem with lower leveling gear, while being more simple, is that it's not meant to be this awesome unique piece of armor that drops from 5000 years old dragon. It's made to look cheap, redundant and less artistic.