Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Well that is kinda the cartoony style of Warcraft.

If you want more elegant armor and tiersets then you might want to check out ESO instead. That is pretty much the only MMO I know with non-exaggurated 'more practical looking armor'.

I wouldn't mind some more Horde and Alliance themed sets again though. I really like the TotC sets, too bad the tier itself sucked as raidcontent lol.
    Warcraft isn't cartoony...jesus...it has some cartoonish elements when you think about unit icons in the RTSs and quotes and things like flying machines, but when you look at stuff like:

...and most of the artwork your realize that Warcraft has a deeply functional armor and weapon arsenal which mimics a lot of real life stuff, then adds to it an extra 30 kilograms of plating because everyone in WoW, even Mages, make Dwayne Johnson look like a pussy in terms of muscles.

I think that:

Is the perfect example of how far an item should go in terms of embroidery and shiny stuff, but even on that if you take off the pointless artisanal swords it's a perfectly functional shield.

I prefer the over the top interesting armor. It's one of the reasons I still play wow over other mmo's. I've seen a lot of other games try to implement realistic armor and it just ends up looking boring and generic. But to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that WoWs armor models are so over-the-top? I mean I'm not saying stop making them because I know people love them but at least make some more practical nice looking armor models for transmog lol. Like the new Stormwind guard armor. I LOVE that model and would wear that on my paladin over anything with a real looking sword and probably the shield from culling of Strat lol. Does this bother anyone else or is it just me?
    They do implement gear like that, just not as tier gear or "armor sets". They're normally greens, sometimes blues, but when it comes to things with set bonuses, they prefer to go the artistic over the top route, because it is what people like the most. When Vanilla originally came out, T0 and T2 had placeholder art that was fairly generic. The community rejoiced almost in unison when the plain armor was replaced with the artistic and over the top stuff that is currently in place. The bland armor just isn't that fun for most.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account

All of these will be transmoggable sets in WoD, still not realistic but a lot simpler than data-mined tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    They made that a tier set, and the tier set for arguably the biggest tier in this game's history.

Was maining a hunter at the time, was so pissed. Everyone else rocks, we get....an armor set that looks like it was made out of a log. Hell the helm is a frickin log house from the early questing zones I swear.

Whoever designs the hunter tier/approves it needs to be fired.
    I dunno, some of the Hunter gear is awesome.

Still jelly that Hunters got eyepatches in the FL tier and Rogues didn't

Also, the T11 fish head armour...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post

All of these will be transmoggable sets in WoD, still not realistic but a lot simpler than data-mined tier sets.
    Those belt buckles are bigger than their heads... Orcs are worse than Texans!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    Warcraft isn't cartoony...jesus...it has some cartoonish elements when you think about unit icons in the RTSs and quotes and things like flying machines, but when you look at stuff like:

...and most of the artwork your realize that Warcraft has a deeply functional armor and weapon arsenal which mimics a lot of real life stuff, then adds to it an extra 30 kilograms of plating because everyone in WoW, even Mages, make Dwayne Johnson look like a pussy in terms of muscles.
    Warcraft III cinematic is going quite a long way back in time. However they do still do armour in style not too dissimilar to that on occasion:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84506/dreadful-gladiators-plate-helm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

WoW has pleny of toned down gear on the auction house and out in the old world content. Go to www.wowroleplaygear.com

I wish there were more not so ridiculously huge shoulders. Not necessarily because they look huge but because they tend to almost "hoover" on some models. It just doesn't fit. My nelf toons tend to look pretty odd in many shoulder armors. :s

We could get NEW classic armours without replacing the old ones (i'll post plate - warrior paladin, but this aplies to hunters, shamans, etc..) speacilly an pvp alliance pvp revamp.

I'd post links but i cant put links atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post

^

They made that a tier set, and the tier set for arguably the biggest tier in this game's history.

Was maining a hunter at the time, was so pissed. Everyone else rocks, we get....an armor set that looks like it was made out of a log. Hell the helm is a frickin log house from the early questing zones I swear.

Whoever designs the hunter tier/approves it needs to be fired.
    I took my hunter to ICC just to get this set (or the offset version at least). I liked it a lot. That plus the bow from the second boss is a legit transmog.

Edit: I think what the OP is really concerned about is the perceived escalation of ornateness or complexity of armors as the tiers increase. The concern is that when we get to tier 20 the armor will be so outlandish that no one will even use it. What's the purpose after all of them making new armor models if people just transmog them off?
    Last edited by Varabently; 2014-09-01 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    must agree, gear sets from the last few years look naff