Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    What if he only had a limited pool of supports and Malf was the last remaining one?
    My own hero pool isn't that big, and if you take Rehgar out of my support list, I have Tyrande and Li Li....

I've had to play Li Li, who I don't like, because I was last pick and that almost always condemns you to support, despite the fact I'm a much better assassin.
    We already had Morales, there was no need for another support. And considering we had some back-and-forth fights with them as 4v5 anyway a couple of times, any other role would have been more than enough to blast them to hell.

Yea seemed to miss the Morales bit :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Why should it frustrate you? How well they play with what they have is far more important than owning the entire hero pool but being crap with it.
    No intentions of not doing HL. Played 500 QM games, have mostly strong heroes, and get along just fine

FTR we won the match I played a class and hero I don't like... I also made it clear as my strong supports were picked that I have Li Li left. Bearing in mind I'm only in HL to win. I'll play every shite hero in QM to get it to rank 5 or just mess about with
    Yea well I'm playing Lunara regardless as it gets locked in.
    No, once you had a few league games with people saying "i only got that hero left" you'll know what i'm talking about especially if are near the games played / experience i have. That kind of thing you start to develop a rather low tolerance for as it's on par with map blindness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Matchmaker, thank you for placing a 50 game Cho player in my team against a team with two Rank 1 players.

TL;DR: Fuck you Matchmaker.

Interesting game. Im in QM as raynor cause i have starcraft quest and assassin quest. Well we get matched against a hammer on the immortal map. Apparently, hammer has enough range where she can go behind the first keeps from that little passage, and kill the forts without being attacked. Before we know it, the first fort is down but the walls are still up. We are all like WTF just happened? Happened to see her as shes doing it to the other fort, killed her, but when she came back she got it. Then she went through the middle gate and took one of the keeps down. Thats 3/4 bases down because of a sneaky hammer. I was just confused. We still won the game but i didnt know she could do that.

That moment when you lose a 35-minute game because Azmodan ignores teamfights and goes laning somewhere. And then dies. Over and over again.

At least I'm up to rank 14 again.

Yay first pick, Li Ming.
    Next two. Thrall, Raynor.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Just played what I'm pretty sure was my first Hero League game as Greymane. Played him a lot the last couple of days and really love his play style.

Ended up top Hero and Siege damage with fewest deaths (2 of our team's 23). Diablo (solo-tank) died every teamfight. Kael (ass) ran his mouth all game, claiming he carried and died about as often. Abathur (silenced) died way more than an Abathur should. Thankfully, our Morales was the only other person on the team with their head on straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

So tired of people playing Hero League and 1st picking Cho'Gall leaving the whole enemy team free to counter it right from jump.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    So tired of people playing Hero League and 1st picking Cho'Gall leaving the whole enemy team free to counter it right from jump.
    All it takes is one Anub'arak to turn any fight into a 3v5
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why i hate Falstad's who think Gust is the best ult ever due to streams.

Ranged heavy comp against us, lunara, slyv, liming and even gazlowe (aka no real danger in melee without turrets) plus leoric.

First gust, knocks them out of range of my charge. Team wipes can't get to back end and li ming can do her thing from a distance.
    Second gust, knocks both lunara who i got locked out of my apoc and gazlowe and liming who were channeling team wipes.
    Third gust, again same as first.
    4th pushes two heroes to a wall splitting up our team and putting theirs closer together giving their ranged access to our ranged while i was sitting there far away out of charge range.
    5th, see first.

Seriously, even worse he took the 20 talent for it and so it kept knocking them back. While me and greymane were shit out of luck if he pulled that.

We were a head by forts and levels, game completely thrown near the end. Failstad indeed. So for everyone ever reading this if your enemy team has as good as NO MELEE HEROES THAT ARE CAPABLE OF KILLING YOU QUICKLY, THERE IS NO REASON TO TAKE GUST AS AN ULT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Had a slightly positive ending to yesterday's nightmare. Or it was somewhat positive for me, I don't think the other team felt the same. Cursed Hollow win in less than 15 minutes with both bosses beating on their core. This game...

- - - Updated - - -

First-pick Sylvanas on Infernal Shrines, solid choice. Other team goes Li-Ming/Rehgar as can be expected. Next picks on my team are Illidan/Morales, bit unorthodox but can work. Other team picks ETC/Tyrael, okay so they won't have much damage, definitely to our advantage. While I try to figure out what I should pick, my draft partner goes... Malfurion? So at this point the team is understandably confused as fuck in the chat. I pick Muradin so we at least have some dive on Li-Ming with me and Illidan and hopefully can take her out before Rehgar has a chance to Ancestral her. Solid plan, right?

Well. Malfurion decided to throw a hissy fit because we dared to question his decision. So he went instantly "I'm AFK" during the startup while I try to explain the dive-strat to Illidan to coordinate. So he spends the first 2 minutes of the game sitting in spawn, and once the first shrine spawns he goes to the opposite lane to avoid getting kicked for not participating. He stays in opposite lanes the entire game doing nothing but auto-attacking minions to avoid being booted. What the fucking hell is wrong with people? We even managed to get some good fights in as 4v5, we could easily have taken them if the fucker had actually participated. People like this are the reason I can't rank up. You just need one on the team. One.

And the second-worst part was that this Illidan was actually really fucking good. Better than 95% of the Illidans you see in the game. Complete waste of skill due to one other guy. -.-
    MMR hell is definitely real. I'm in it myself. I can't understand why people would go into HL just to afk. These types are all over QM/VS AI as well but in HL - its crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    Just played what I'm pretty sure was my first Hero League game as Greymane. Played him a lot the last couple of days and really love his play style.

Ended up top Hero and Siege damage with fewest deaths (2 of our team's 23). Diablo (solo-tank) died every teamfight. Kael (ass) ran his mouth all game, claiming he carried and died about as often. Abathur (silenced) died way more than an Abathur should. Thankfully, our Morales was the only other person on the team with their head on straight.
    What build would you prefer on Greymane? As in, which suits your playstyle the most?

I like the worgen centric build, GFTT with the cleave talent at level 20 works well. I have not tried him in QM yet though - only managed to get him to level 5 2 days back to try talents out and get a feel.With Worgen build he manages to do a lot of siege damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Interesting game. Im in QM as raynor cause i have starcraft quest and assassin quest. Well we get matched against a hammer on the immortal map. Apparently, hammer has enough range where she can go behind the first keeps from that little passage, and kill the forts without being attacked. Before we know it, the first fort is down but the walls are still up. We are all like WTF just happened? Happened to see her as shes doing it to the other fort, killed her, but when she came back she got it. Then she went through the middle gate and took one of the keeps down. Thats 3/4 bases down because of a sneaky hammer. I was just confused. We still won the game but i didnt know she could do that.
    Fog of War behaves differently on this map. There are some locations where you cant be spotted if you attack the forts (on top). FYI, Li Ming can also do this on the top forts. Most people don't look at those corners.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    To sound like an ass, if you only have 3 of each role. Best of not doing league mode since 3 is like the absolute minimum to be able to function.

Nothing more frustrating then to be paired with people who have a limited roster just enough to make due in league mode, since that can throw a game right from the starting block for a large part.

Another tip, people who complain about last pick being support. It does wonders if people don't remain silent in draft chat and say 'don't want to play support', often you got people like me who can play any role and own almost every hero.
    Not often, mate

Anyway, I'd rather pick Thrall regardless of my comp so that I don't have to see the enemy payer picking that up and facerolling your team. Yes, I have 3 supports - rehgar who was not that great before his rework, malf, who is boring as fuck, and Li Li who I can play, but I pick her on limited maps, and a number of times, she's already picked. And I'll still prefer picking Thrall over Rehgar, because I perform better for the team as Thrall. Your 3 of each role rule would be better suited when bans come in. Even then, Its better to have a good roster of the role one is better at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    No, once you had a few league games with people saying "i only got that hero left" you'll know what i'm talking about especially if are near the games played / experience i have. That kind of thing you start to develop a rather low tolerance for as it's on par with map blindness.
    Happens with everyone at some point. It will happen more when bans start. If you need a certain hero in the comp, then shout it out in the draft.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the standard Cocktail build. Really good on maps like Infernal Shrines where there's minions to kill or Towers of Doom (where I played that game) where you can poke for days.
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

I like the standard Cocktail build. Really good on maps like Infernal Shrines where there's minions to kill or Towers of Doom (where I played that game) where you can poke for days.
    Greymane with cocktail build is my current goto assassin after Ming has been taken. He's in a great spot right now and does well against Ming too.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Greymane with cocktail build is my current goto assassin after Ming has been taken. He's in a great spot right now and does well against Ming too.
    Yep. Took me a while to get the hang of it, but it's really powerful. I was pretty exclusively playing Thrall for damage (and the occasional Falstad), so I was looking for other consistently fun assassins to play. The Wolfman fits the bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Do you take cocktail at 1 or go for one of the W talents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

made the mistake of queuing EU HL during the morning/early afternoon

2-10 and 300 mmr lost later, excellent reminder to never ever make that same mistake again

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    depends how much poke you feel you will need throughout the game vs how much time you expect to be able to spend in worgen form
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-02-18 at 06:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, early morning seems like the worst time to try for games.

Had a couple of snow days and with them came some painfully bad games.

Yeah, early morning seems like the worst time to try for games.

Had a couple of snow days and with them came some painfully bad games.
    Oh, maybe that explains the horrible week I've had in HL. A lot of really bad players are out in force at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    This is the build I run 90% of the time. Very occasionally if they have beefy front line I'll go for this instead.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2016-02-19 at 07:27 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh