Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Just checked my match history from yesterday. I won a total 4 of the 16 games I played. I fucking love this.
    I feel you, won 5 out of the last 20, and the last win was a totally unexpected comeback. And here I was thinking matchmaking is trying to push people into ~50% win rate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing cursed hollow in HL and 5 minutes into the game our Greymane dcs and never comes back. The bot proceeds to wreck their entire team and i get mvp as Johanna and we win as level 21 vs 18. GG

Edit: Game after I go Varian with Sonya, Auriel Guldan and Valla and we absoutely wreck the enemy team and won in under 12 minutes on warhead junction, wtf.
    Last edited by Tenris; 2017-06-02 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sick of Li-Mings being picked into stealth heroes, AND going Glass Cannon. Are these people that suicidal?

- - - Updated - - -

I just did some numbers. Before 2.0 dropped, I had 10 more wins than losses this season. Now? 14 more losses than wins. So, since 2.0 dropped, I have lost 24 more games than I have won. Solely because of new people who have never played HL before/haven't played HL in 2 years. I don't know what I can do to climb. I am open to suggestions.

Oh, and the worst part? 5+ minutes in every. Single. Queue. I can't even get fast games! Waiting 5-6 minutes for a game where you get stomped in 13 minutes or less is not exactly optimal.

- - - Updated - - -

Just lost a game on Braxis where we didn't even hit level 10.
    Experiencing that once you get placed it is really hard to climb, i seem to be rotating around the same 3 ranks regardless of what i do, sometimes i think i can carry with a support win 5 games in a row, and after that i get a 5 losses in a row situation where you get beyond the infuriating leavers people who simply don't know how to play at all.

fuck knows what heroes to pick or play since regardless what i do you always got a mouthbreather with you that throws it all or a team that just doesn't listen and goes yolo

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Experiencing that once you get placed it is really hard to climb, i seem to be rotating around the same 3 ranks regardless of what i do, sometimes i think i can carry with a support win 5 games in a row, and after that i get a 5 losses in a row situation where you get beyond the infuriating leavers people who simply don't know how to play at all.

fuck knows what heroes to pick or play since regardless what i do you always got a mouthbreather with you that throws it all or a team that just doesn't listen and goes yolo
    Pick "trolly"/unusual heroes. There are so many new people around that it's unlikely they know how to deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick "trolly"/unusual heroes. There are so many new people around that it's unlikely they know how to deal with it.
    This is how i won 6 HL games since yesterday. I mean not perse trolly but 2 games as solo li li with serpent build and water dragon.
    Stitches is a bit off meta and that worked out for me too.
    Had first pick dehaka and our main tank as artanis ..

In gold/plat you can just pick what u want and mostlikely win faster than picking meta.

Each game I open with Greymane first pick -i get either no tank or no supp >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is i need to get the chance to do that, if i don't usually go healer or tank we run with less than one of each.

Also unusual heroes had a TLV earlier people couldn't play with him and literally stood infront of them getting creep killls, so there's also that.

Went from gold 1 to gold 5, worst part is the more you end up rotating between this the more the mmr keeps you rooted in here since it's near impossible to win that many games in a row.

i'm starting to really miss the maps that are off the list right now

That moment when you get a decent draft but Sonya AFKs out at the start of the game and you get rolled in 12:33 without getting a single kill the entire game. 0-20 on kills, and I got -3 favored adjustment at the end.

Fuck. Blizzard's. Matchmaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaand that game is followed up by the longest queue EU. Well done, Blizzard. Great job you've done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally out of gold 5, get one game where people just keep on feeding and another game where people afk and keep on feeding and we are back on demotion!

Really think i'm better off playing another moba this feels like going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Finally out of gold 5, get one game where people just keep on feeding and another game where people afk and keep on feeding and we are back on demotion!

Really think i'm better off playing another moba this feels like going nowhere.
    I fully intend on only playing my 10 promotion matches next season if they don't do something, anything to mitigate the pure disaster 2.0 has been for HL.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is why I've dropped from Diamond 5 to bottom-Platinum since 2.0 happened. I get matched with people like this:

This was his 5th HL game ever, and he first-picked Kerrigan. He never once pulled off the combo correctly.

It's fine that people are inexperienced. I'm just sick of being matched with them when I've played almost 2300 HL games in total, with 300 of those being from this season alone.

And the next game? First-pick Illidan.

- - - Updated - - -

As expected, the first-pick Illidan was doing placement matches. He hasn't played ranked since pre-season, during which he was Rank 47. He stopped playing when Sky Temple was released, as he only had 3 games on that map previously.

And the matchmaker felt it necessary to put him in my game.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaand the first-picking Zeratul is unranked. Blizzard, you're making me want to fucking kill myself with this.

Im way to often getting the new map with the cars. It sucks so much, i hate that map. I sit in fornt of Hots and start the game and i totally looking forward to do some games, then i get the new map. I even have to fight with myself not to instantly shut down my pc and just do something else then play video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully intend on only playing my 10 promotion matches next season if they don't do something, anything to mitigate the pure disaster 2.0 has been for HL.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is why I've dropped from Diamond 5 to bottom-Platinum since 2.0 happened. I get matched with people like this:

This was his 5th HL game ever, and he first-picked Kerrigan. He never once pulled off the combo correctly.

It's fine that people are inexperienced. I'm just sick of being matched with them when I've played almost 2300 HL games in total, with 300 of those being from this season alone.

And the next game? First-pick Illidan.

- - - Updated - - -

As expected, the first-pick Illidan was doing placement matches. He hasn't played ranked since pre-season, during which he was Rank 47. He stopped playing when Sky Temple was released, as he only had 3 games on that map previously.

And the matchmaker felt it necessary to put him in my game.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaand the first-picking Zeratul is unranked. Blizzard, you're making me want to fucking kill myself with this.
    It points out the problem with HOTS, there just aren't enough players.

So unlike in other moba's you can slowly grow since most of your games are near your "mmr" you only get some near your "mmr" and you preferably need to win all of those and the more the game grows in heroes and maps the harder it will become to grow, it was easy at first when there was no ban's or anything and people farmed QM mmr to be ported over in ranked.

Single support tassadar, 1/3 their healing. Get blamed for picking probius despite top exp farming whole game.

And onto another demotion shit game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not an issue with the playerbase - its the issue of no MMR decay and high ranking after doing just placement matches + being seeded by QM MMR which is either abuseable or just unreliable.

The results of a Team League game:

The Kael'thas:

The Valla:

The -38 favored adjustment:

I fucking quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried your suggestion of weird heroes and xul is doing wonders for me "most of the time"

However people still prefer to ban and rage if i pick such heroes. Going to flat out ignore all suggestions now and just pick whatever.

"Don't pick hammer i"ll ban it!"
    "Don't pick Xul doesn't work!"

Goes for zeebo. Team dies constantly healer and tank tyrande and varian, core down to 70% on before 10 minutes, continued to feed and did dumb engages so we lost badly.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    hanamura and haunted mines first
    Promote this man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright get teamed with the same person 3 times.

First team, solo heal tyrande as i said before, he can't do anything he dies traveling in the jungle from objective to objective, plays a sole support as a dps role, heals like 8k over 15 minutes. Blames me. Cursed hollow loss.

Second team, plays KT focused tanks first, again me as Xul, Managed to get between me and probius a good last minute cap on the infernals. Till they feed and we are 2 behind and can't contest for at all anymore. KT literally said when i say to stop focusing tanks that he wants to kill them first since they focus him tanks are dehaka and muradin. Alright and another loss since who knew going for tanks on a double tank setup is a bad idea? Again i'm the baddie.

Third team, oh look him again has the ability to ban and he bans my Xul pick on the temple map of all maps. Obviously i stay as calm and level headed as i always am when someone does something so obviously stupid to handicap the team says "that xul is terrible", So my response was well fuck you you hated that i went Xul? Now how about i go abathur, team aint to happy but seeing i'm past the point of caring since getting the same terrible player 3 times in a row is enough to make anyone tilted, especially when they intend to once more harm the team this time out the draft.

Guess what happened. We won, i got MVP and did more hero damage than our amazing KT who banned my pick did.

Should i just go and continue to really troll pick on each map or what?
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2017-06-04 at 09:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lost a game because team did not listen to me to go boss when other team was down by 2 and we had no keeps. You can't just wait to fucking win, we were going to lose unless we got that boss then and now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Varian:

Raynor:

-61 favored adjustment:

10+ Year Old Account
    @Nerraw

The draft is super bad for the map. Picking Nazeebo on Hanamura is just dumb, games usually end around level 16 so absolutely no value out of his level 20 power spike. I am also sure he got bodied in important solo lane.

Raynor is just sitting duck and doesn't provide anything to the team, not even Cleanse could save him from the CC they had.

I guess you took Varian to counter Genji, but you had such lackluster damage dealers that once the Taunt was off he could just pop Deflect and jump away. Based on the numbers I don't think they went for Dragonblade + Divine Shield combo, which would totally murder your team.

If I am entirely honest, ETC is not in great shape either and if you commit to picking him, you should make sure you draft team to capitalize on his setups. However you can't control everything, so not your fault.

In a nutshell, you had good setups, but absolutely shit follow up.