Leaver penalty is about right IMO, it's not too much and neither is it something I particularly want to happen and then face trying to win 2+ games with other leavers for hours on end until I can play ranked again.

Btw, just saw this thread on reddit:

This is why I love this game. Comebacks are always possible as long as people are willing to cooperate and communicate. Kudos to my team for sticking it through.

I emphasise, the "as long as people are willing to cooperate and communicate" part. My team will be not talking at all but instead, running in one by one with the healer laning mid or something. I am so happy for you @Shaqthefat @Nerraw for having different experiences to the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Leaver penalty is about right IMO, it's not too much and neither is it something I particularly want to happen and then face trying to win 2+ games with other leavers for hours on end until I can play ranked again.

Btw, just saw this thread on reddit:

This is why I love this game. Comebacks are always possible as long as people are willing to cooperate and communicate. Kudos to my team for sticking it through.

I emphasise, the "as long as people are willing to cooperate and communicate" part. My team will be not talking at all but instead, running in one by one with the healer laning mid or something. I am so happy for you @Shaqthefat @Nerraw for having different experiences to the rest of us.
    Best advice I can give you is to play with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    I would argue that it's more rare to find yourself in an "impossible-to-win" game than it is to actually win that game.
    I seriously wish I could believe that, but experience has told me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I seriously wish I could believe that, but experience has told me otherwise.
    And experience has told me otherwise as well.

When a hero stops and makes you seriously consider eating the leaver queue penalty and marks against your account rather than spend 15 minutes vsing them, you know you fucked up designing a Hero.

Looking at you Samuro.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

So when is Bliz going to add an "Avoid player" feature like Overwatch has?

Because this game absolutely & DESPERATELY needs it.

Cause man nothing I love more than getting the same useless shitter on my team multiple
    games in a row, making me eat up undeserved losses and deranking me in the process. As
    if just winning a game with a competent team wasn't already a massive gamble already.

Cause man nothing I love more than getting the same useless shitter on my team multiple
    games in a row, making me eat up undeserved losses and deranking me in the process. As
    if just winning a game with a competent team wasn't already a massive gamble already.
    I think you can just block them and it won't put you with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think you can just block them and it won't put you with them.
    Nope, even blocked you'll still get paired with them.

They can't. Not with the current playerbase. It would make finding games even more impossible at fringe ranges and in the minor regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They can't. Not with the current playerbase. It would make finding games even more impossible at fringe ranges and in the minor regions.
    So basically, Ranked cannot, nor will it ever be fixed and allow for any kind of enjoyment.

Damn.

I'm not a fan of an Avoid Player feature, causes too many issues. If anything YOU should bear the brunt of longer queue times if you choose to avoid a player. In other words you cannot be put into a game until the avoided player's game has started, he/she should have priority over you. YOU chose to avoid him/her not the other way round. They might not like you either.

You're also affecting people's gaming experience just because you don't wanna queue with them. Plus you can end up with a network of people avoiding each other resulting in queue gridlock.

So basically, Ranked cannot, nor will it ever be fixed and allow for any kind of enjoyment.

Damn.
    Not unless the playerbase got some kind of sudden boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I'm not a fan of an Avoid Player feature, causes too many issues. If anything YOU should bear the brunt of longer queue times if you choose to avoid a player. In other words you cannot be put into a game until the avoided player's game has started, he/she should have priority over you. YOU chose to avoid him/her not the other way round. They might not like you either.

You're also affecting people's gaming experience just because you don't wanna queue with them. Plus you can end up with a network of people avoiding each other resulting in queue gridlock.
    Considering the players I've been paired with, I'm completely fine with this.