10+ Year Old Account
    I join a promotion game and immediately have guy saying "I hope nobody leaves after 2 min like in last 5 games". Game starts and he proceed to feed on purpose while apologizing at the same time. Thanks buddy!

EDIT: At least after that I have a match where we stomp enemy team real hard.

there seem to be quite a few people with random connection issues recently. Hell even i get them every 3 or 4 games.

- - - Updated - - -

we had an amazing close match that we lost because when we tried to counter them taking the boss, rehgar instead ran to the far end of the map to turn in gems (MORON) and our leoric cast an amazing ult...FOR THE ENEMY TEAM. He walled all of us in JUST RIGHT missing every enemy team member who were outside with us all shoved inside. The exit was blocked by their tank and we were trapped inside stukovs silence within leorics ult. He even managed to save KT from us behind the wall.

just...URGH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another fantastic day in HL, I win a promotion game first and then I have to get same feeding Li-Ming with Glass Cannon in two games and Arms Varian in third. Then I somehow make comeback to win fourth game and in fifth I am grouped with super passive team, they were just covering behind gates and giving enemy team whole map for free.

It is the games like the last one that piss me off the most. Super passive team, not even trying to do something. I hate being a punching bag for enemy team, I don't mind losing when I feel like team is giving a damn to accomplish something and fail in process. However when they just sit in lane or behind the gates scared to fight or do the objective, it drives me nuts.

Amazing match story from last night! It's even a comeback story!

So, there I was, playing QM as Cho'gall, my first game with him against humans, and my sixth game overall. I managed to find a kind soul willing to help me level him up a bit in some chat channel. Anyhow, let's get on with the real story.

So, there I was, getting demolished left, right and center in Infernal Shrines. Oh wait, forgot to mention the teams.

So, there we were, Cho'gall, Brightwing, Samuro and Nazeebo versus Nova, Kael, Varian, Auriel and Ragnaros. As was previously mentioned, I kind of sucked, kept running into Kael's vortex thingy, running into Auriel's lash thingy, getting taunted by Varian, it was overall a really shitty experience for me and my Gall partner.

But then we reached level 10. It's indescribable how ridiculous that jump in power feels. One minute, I'm a play thing for the enemy team, and the next - I'm toying with them! Before we reached level 10, the enemy team was level 12, and demolished our outer forts, while we literally (had to check in replay) didn't even destroy a single tower or wall in any lane! But suddenly, Cho'gall level 10, pull thingy heroic for me, that AoE stun thingy for my partner and the whole game feels brand new.

Nevertheless, we still kind of continued playing in a disorganized manner since the enemy team kept getting objectives, even got two of our inner forts down (while we managed to get not one, not two, but three of their towers down!) and at 18:30 minutes they felt victory within their grasp. I mean, they were so close, 3/5 of my team dead, last fort barely standing and swarms of enemy minions closing in.

Now, I think this is what the Americans would call a "Hail Mary". My partner and I noticed the enemy Nova in the middle of nowhere - decided to gank her. She died. Then came Ragnaros, trying to save her, but he died as well. A shrine activated and Kael & Auriel were there trying to kill minions. But Kael had to die just like his teammates (I finally stopped positioning us next to damn walls for Auriel's lash stun thingy). Varian came along trying to save them but didn't do much 'cos that punk died as well and dragged Auriel to hell with him!

We managed to spawn the punisher, with Nazeebo defending our core (at 65% now), and their team only had Nova and Ragnaros left standing. Rag tried to intimidate us with his "blah blah molten core" - but we ignored the shit out of him and moved on to the next keep! Oh and Nova died somewhere along the way, but she was a pest anyway. Anyhow demolished that keep, demolished Ragnaros, reached their core and while our little core was slowly being whittled down (48%, Samuro helping defend it now as well), Brightwing and I snatched OUR victory right from under their noses. It was awesome.

Cho'gall is definitely a 10/10, never imagined such a hero being so much fun. Now whoever said there's no comeback in this game. Just keep believing

Edit #1: damn, there are so many grammatical errors in this story, and the tenses make no sense. Well, no time to fix them now - it's time to play, but it was so exciting writing it and watching the replay.
    Last edited by Diaspar; 2017-07-17 at 04:25 PM.

We were getting stomped pretty heavily for the majority of the game on Hanamura, had a weak setup and haven't been playing well. Lost 2 forts early, but somehow kept going. Had a very good fight at 16ish that allowed us to climb back, even get a bit of XP advantage. Won another fight right away, got the forts while delaying the enemy cart. At this point it was 4:2 for the enemy team, but we had 4 point between the 2 carts. The enemy had 2 on 1. We won a miraculous teamfight again, ending up in a 3v1 situation. 2 people knew what to do, they immediately rushed to their carts...

Enter full HP Dehaka with all CDs up. What does he do? Does he go to delay the enemy cart? Does he speed up one of our own (bad choice, but still defendable)? Nope. He stays in lane and farms minions while the last of the enemy team secures their own cart...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

There are so many suicidal genji's who think they are the nexus's gift to their teams. Had one guy in pirates give 16 coins (+6 where he got us killed) to enemy team. SIXTEEN COINS. that enabled them to get off 3-4 cannon barrages!

He launched into the enemy fort. DEAD. he tried to solo the Muradin/thrall jungling, DEAD. he tried to solo zagara, she buried him in mobs and banelings, DEAD. He tried to solo the entire team repeatedly dead. Each time he suicided he was carrying a load of coins and had a snowflakes chance in hell of killing the enemy player/s.

We were still doing well despite this but FINALLY, he took it too far. he pushed top too far chasing a kill which was going to kill him and I (healer) had to come in and save him. I ping retreat and halfway to safety HE LAUNCHES BACKWARDS back into them! I save him again and try to retreat but he keeps returning. The rest of their team arrives, kills him. Kills me. Kills another team mate who came to help halfway. At no point was it EVER going to be possible to beat 1 or 2 or the entire team. They had too much health, he was constantly low despite my heals bringing him up past 75% (he would take damage running away and decide to re-engage at 25% health). I couldn't even abandon him because he was carrying an assload of coins.

Afterwards he had the GALL to say he was trying to help the healer (me). At no point was i in danger except when he eventually got me in danger.

THing is he was great at getting kills and doing damage but that didn't matter because his tactics sucked and he FED them the objective.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-07-18 at 03:14 PM.

Hanamura.... Last night the match was back and forth. Both sides getting killing blows at the perfect times thinking their side was going to win. 21 minutes into the match it was 1 to 1 supply. Next team to cap a cart wins.
    Me: "Okay team, we got this! Both carts are about to meet up and we can team fight and win this."
    Team: "Let's do it!"

Team fight pursues. Silence here, hook there... It was chaos! Then, the dust settles and........Our team is victorious! We had team wiped them and all of us survived somehow with the skin of our teeth. We were excited when we saw 45 sec death timers.. Now to cap our cart. Wait, where is our Azmodan going?!? I look at my map and where do I see him heading. The cart you may think. Nope, straight to the boss. And he engages him thinking "this will get us the 1 we need." He pulls the boss and 2 teammates decide to join him to try and save his pathetic life. I'm screaming in my head "wtf are you doing?!?" The boss' health is starting to dwindle but so is my teammates. After confusion on who is tanking, who is helping, who is running to the cart, we are all sitting there on the boss... Okay, this isn't ideal, but whatever.... And then after all the delay guess what comes out of nowhere? Yep, you guessed it. The other team full of health and vigor. To simply team wipe us all, capture the boss, and end...the....game...

Quote Originally Posted by Vdarkblade View Post
    Hanamura.... Last night the match was back and forth. Both sides getting killing blows at the perfect times thinking their side was going to win. 21 minutes into the match it was 1 to 1 supply. Next team to cap a cart wins.
    Me: "Okay team, we got this! Both carts are about to meet up and we can team fight and win this."
    Team: "Let's do it!"

Team fight pursues. Silence here, hook there... It was chaos! Then, the dust settles and........Our team is victorious! We had team wiped them and all of us survived somehow with the skin of our teeth. We were excited when we saw 45 sec death timers.. Now to cap our cart. Wait, where is our Azmodan going?!? I look at my map and where do I see him heading. The cart you may think. Nope, straight to the boss. And he engages him thinking "this will get us the 1 we need." He pulls the boss and 2 teammates decide to join him to try and save his pathetic life. I'm screaming in my head "wtf are you doing?!?" The boss' health is starting to dwindle but so is my teammates. After confusion on who is tanking, who is helping, who is running to the cart, we are all sitting there on the boss... Okay, this isn't ideal, but whatever.... And then after all the delay guess what comes out of nowhere? Yep, you guessed it. The other team full of health and vigor. To simply team wipe us all, capture the boss, and end...the....game...
    THis is not a game that gives much leeway into you being ahead. I've lost inumerable matches because people got too big for their britches and started messing around or thinking they could take the longer path to something.

This fight is like the fight in Game of Thrones with the Mountain. Don't screw around even if you have the advantage, you will end up paying for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    16:3 in the last two days, FeelsFreakingGoodMan
    http://imgur.com/a/u61dK
    http://imgur.com/a/BBTkS

btw: Li-Ming and Diablo games with Stereo Sayan 3D in the background and FULL volume is just pure awesomeness
    Last edited by Sezerek; 2017-07-19 at 11:14 PM.

today has solely consisted of 4 good mates and 1 jerk who ruins everything and calls everyone else noobs when we lose. 6 times in a row.

Broke that streak with a set of FANTASTIC games.

including one i did not think we would win at the start. I went with a matrix build and shut down their dps for extensive periods of time. The slow talent on Matrix setup a LOT of kills. Between me, Uther and Arthas, we had them locked down. Nice to see a capable Nova too and Abathur was on point at every point.

Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-07-21 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After 201 games in HL this season, I am officially done with it. Absolutely no fun, all games stomps one way or another because of random reasons.

EDIT: Funny fact, I stopped playing ranked with 47% winrate (Mainly because a current losing streak led me to this decision) and dropped 3 divisions from my starting position. Shouldn't I be more or less on the same spot if the system was working as intended?

HL this season is pure cancer, stale meta lacking variety and massive influx of new players being seeded incorrectly just leads to overall frustration.

Deleted
    8 games today, 3 lost by random russian picks. They don't communicate and play solo every time even in platin 2. I wished they had their own region servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a specific game, but I managed to complete the three victories quest in 3 QMs which felt like miracle.

Deleted
    Sad game: 13 minute stomp in HL against a team with a Valeera bot that did virtually nothing. Having a bot in your team is always infuriating, but this Valeera did less than 3k damage and mostly just stealthed around uselessly.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Sad game: 13 minute stomp in HL against a team with a Valeera bot that did virtually nothing. Having a bot in your team is always infuriating, but this Valeera did less than 3k damage and mostly just stealthed around uselessly.
    Bot Valeera is bugged. Her stealth is different from Nova and Zeratul in that she can't auto-attack while in stealth, and the bot isn't configured for that. So it tries to attack someone and isn't able to, so the script doesn't continue on. Thus causing her to wander around aimlessly in stealth.

15+ Year Old Account
    So yet another Infernal Shrines game where I play perfectly as I support and still lose. I played Uther this time and out healed the other healer, did not die once and yet I still lose. This is why I stopped playing support as much and switched to maining tank. Which honestly happened so fluidly...when ever I got stuck playing tank I just happen to win more.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Played my finest game yet as Stukov, basically perfect usage of Targetted Excision. Had my Vigorous Reuptake finished before 10, and ended up with over 200k healing done when the game ended at 21v20. Got a bunch of commendations and it felt REALLY satisfying.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So yet another Infernal Shrines game where I play perfectly as I support and still lose. I played Uther this time and out healed the other healer, did not die once and yet I still lose. This is why I stopped playing support as much and switched to maining tank. Which honestly happened so fluidly...when ever I got stuck playing tank I just happen to win more.
    Not dying once as Uther isn't quite the thing you're aiming for. Not to say you did something wrong, as there's no point dying just for the "trait value" meme, just thought it was worth pointing out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Not dying once as Uther isn't quite the thing you're aiming for. Not to say you did something wrong, as there's no point dying just for the "trait value" meme, just thought it was worth pointing out.
    The thing is I had another 'perfect' game last season on Li Li and still lost. It just feels really hard to win trying to main support. I honestly really like playing support..but not in hero league. I can't seem to win playing hero league playing support. When you are playing support in hero league, you are playing to not lose, you aren't playing to win.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    When you are playing support in hero league, you are playing to not lose, you aren't playing to win.
    It isn't just about supports. Unless you are playing in Master or higher and you play anything that requires slightly advanced coordination and understanding, it just fails miserably most of the time and the few times it works, it is a massive stomp fest.

For example I think of myself as pretty decent Illidan player and can play him regardless of team composition, but most of the time people don't understand how to play with Illidan. I either get team to constantly wait for me with engages and blame me for doing nothing which is not an ideal way for Illidan to engage or they hard engage and wipe when I am destroying their fort instead of poking and waiting for me to engage. When people understand how to soak and play with that, the game is one-sided stomp because I take all the camps, siege base and Hunt in to clean up started fight.

Basically in lower Tiers of HL, just forget anything you know from HGC and just go with strong brawling Heroes or map cheese strats.