Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I managed to reach Master 1000 with 7-3 in Hero League...2nd time that I have managed to reach this rank
    and people wonder why high level hero league game quality is so meh, when people who struggle to get to master in previous seasons start getting dumped in there immediately after 10 games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    and people wonder why high level hero league game quality is so meh, when people who struggle to get to master in previous seasons start getting dumped in there immediately after 10 games
    What an unbelievably stupid comment. I have been a Diamond player in literally every season and rank 1 in Preseason. I have played with and against Master players on a regular basis and play on average 300+ games a season unless I am too occupied to do so.

May I ask what rank you are, exactly?

What an unbelievably stupid comment. I have been a Diamond player in literally every season and rank 1 in Preseason. I have played with and against Master players on a regular basis and play on average 300+ games a season unless I am too occupied to do so.

May I ask what rank you are, exactly?
    While you may be a borderline Masters player, his point is valid. Lots of people have been placed too high this season, in pretty much every league. I'd say if you are a high Diamond player every season getting a lucky streak and shooting up to Masters isn't the end of the world, but a lot of people who don't belong have ended up there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    While you may be a borderline Masters player, his point is valid. Lots of people have been placed too high this season, in pretty much every league. I'd say if you are a high Diamond player every season getting a lucky streak and shooting up to Masters isn't the end of the world, but a lot of people who don't belong have ended up there too.
    I have had more bad luck over the seasons than good. Have played the ladder extensively for the last 2,5 years, so I know perfectly well how messy it can be. Tons of people being misplaced on the ladder is nothing new. It has happened in every single season. Sure, this season has had a bad case of it as well, but because of how the system has been since its inception there have been tons of people who are in Masters just because of luck.

Him using my placement in Masters as an argument is ridiculous when I have been playing at around that level for ages and also play with other Master players because of the contacts I've made from playing on the ladder. This is nothing like having Gold/Platinum players suddenly getting put in Diamond/Master League because of some win streak in placements and then abandoning playing for the rest of the season just to keep their account at that mmr for the next one.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2018-01-10 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Him using my placement in Masters as an argument is ridiculous when I have been playing at around that level for ages and also play with other Master players because of the contacts I've made from playing on the ladder. This is nothing like having Gold/Platinum players suddenly getting put in Diamond/Master League because of some win streak in placements and then abandoning playing for the rest of the season just to keep their account at that mmr for the next one.
    There is much higher skill difference between diamond/master player than between gold/platinum. Jumping from high diamond into master is akin to jumping from low gold into low diamond. It happens every season with different players, i'm not judging your performance or question you skill - but it's simply what happens in leagues - people get misplaced and they drop out into whatever league they belong to in next ~50 games
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I have been a Diamond player in literally every season...and play on average 300+ games a season
    2nd time that I have managed to reach this rank
    you make my point for me - 10 placement games placing players into a higher position compared to what they can usually achieve themselves after playing 300+ games in a season is just...

i'm not trying to take anything away from someone getting to masters for the second time, its great that you are proud of it - the point was that getting there through placements (unless you usually end the season as GM) should not be a thing in the first place
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-01-11 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    There is much higher skill difference between diamond/master player than between gold/platinum. Jumping from high diamond into master is akin to jumping from low gold into low diamond. It happens every season with different players, i'm not judging your performance or question you skill - but it's simply what happens in leagues - people get misplaced and they drop out into whatever league they belong to in next ~50 games
    I think you misread what I wrote. I was talking about Gold or Platinum (specifically low Platinum) players getting put in Diamond or Masters from placements, not the differences between a Gold and Platinum players vs Diamond and Master players. That said, I agree that the difference between a Diamond and Master player can be greater than between Gold and Platinum, but I have also seen Master players every season that are only there because they got a lucky win streak. It is very common to have people reach their rank and then just sit on their mmr for the rest of the season, since there is no incentive to defend their placement on the ladder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    you make my point for me - 10 placement games placing players into a higher position compared to what they can usually achieve themselves after playing 300+ games in a season is just...

i'm not trying to take anything away from someone getting to masters for the second time, its great that you are proud of it - the point was that getting there through placements (unless you usually end the season as GM) should not be a thing in the first place
    I did not make your point for you. Placement matches can and have put people in lower leagues than they actually play in normally, including myself, so the system is not as cut and dry as you make it out to be. I have been put in Platinum after doing placements several seasons despite always reaching Diamond without much issue, with a few exceptions. One such instance was the second season after they introduced placement matches. My mmr tanked so hard that I went from playing in Diamond 3-1 the season before to being in Platinum 4 after losing 21 games out of 28 the first few days of playing (including the placement games). It got so bad that I even had Travis from Blizzard look into my data when he heard about it on Reddit over a year ago. It took a few hundred games before the mmr got adjusted to where it used to be because of how messy the matches were. The way that mmr has been distributed for so long has made it so that the climb is very grindy and slow, so playing a few hundred games to reach a higher rank is not an anomaly. One loss can ruin an hour of work if you are about to get promoted to another rank, so you can easily get stuck if your win streak breaks. The point of the performance based mmr system was to cut down on said grind, since the current system is very flawed in more ways than one.

While I do agree that people shouldn't really be put in Master League from placements to an extent, I do think that should primarily apply to people who are new to the ladder and players from the lower leagues. If you have been in Master League in the previous season I don't see a reason to prevent them from being put in Masters immediately if they win most of their placements. If you happened to have been in Diamond before, then getting a shot at Masters is not the end of the world. If they did not deserve to be put in that rank they will eventually lose enough games to be put back in Diamond. I am however of the opinion though that the game needs mmr decay so that there is a reason to play more than just placements, especially in Diamond League and up. The game needs to seed out players who don't take the ladder seriously enough to play at least somewhat regularly.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2018-01-11 at 03:57 PM.

Just played a game as Tassadar against a team with chromie. He hit me for 92% of my hp in 0.2 sec...i couldnt even see him

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost over 700 points last night in HL because I pressed the cancel button despite the game not indicating that a match was about to start, but it still penalized me for "dodging". Here's the story more in detail on Reddit, since I don't want to type out several paragraphs on it and having to express how frustrating this is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...from_pressing/

10+ Year Old Account
    Just fuck this game, cancerous shit. From Diamond 3 to Platinum 2 in one day and keep sinking because apparently I suddenly become retarded.

For 160 games I am sitting at comfortable over 60% winrate, it clearly must have been pure luck to get there. Suddenly I get a horrible losing streak and start to gain 190 points and lose 215 points, working as intended. Seriously, FUCK THIS GAME.

Quick match, both teams on level 22, dragon shrine. Our dragon is attacking the enemy core, each auto attach does 12% dmg. Core is on 9% (one auto attack left to win). He then decides to auto attack malfurion once, dragon dies, he dies, we lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, another fantastic game where I have to soak experience and clear enemy camp pushes as a motherfucking solo Warrior because nobody else other than a Support bothers with that. Then I get the blame because Mr. Butcher thinks a whole world resolves around his precious meat stacks.

And of course I get another -215 points for that, thanks! Will I ever climb back to Diamond this way?

15+ Year Old Account
    10 minutes into the match I pull up the score screen and see that our Alextrasza legitimately has less than 1k healing done

"Not planning on doing any healing?" I ask

"I took E talents. I'm DPS Alex"

I marvel at this profundity. This guy is taking an E build so he's only using E and D. And then...

"Just heal with fountain lol"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Just fuck this game, cancerous shit. From Diamond 3 to Platinum 2 in one day and keep sinking because apparently I suddenly become retarded.

For 160 games I am sitting at comfortable over 60% winrate, it clearly must have been pure luck to get there. Suddenly I get a horrible losing streak and start to gain 190 points and lose 215 points, working as intended. Seriously, FUCK THIS GAME.
    Why would you keep playing? It's almost never a good idea to keep playing after 2-3 losses in a row, especially if they're bad games. Even if you took a break after a few losses, if that happened again and you were at like 6 losses in a row for the day you should stop completely.

And never play HL on weekends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Quick match, both teams on level 22, dragon shrine. Our dragon is attacking the enemy core, each auto attach does 12% dmg. Core is on 9% (one auto attack left to win). He then decides to auto attack malfurion once, dragon dies, he dies, we lose.
    I can top that. Level 23, Dragon Shire as well. We get Dragon, bring their core down to 33%, wipe with several people not attacking core; enemy team gets next Dragon, brings our core to 97%. We kill three of them. Rush to their core and again people try to farm hero damage and kills. When their Sonya respawns we wipe again with the Core at 13%. They easily end. Insults were had.

Then almost the unluckiest game ever. Opponents got the first two Immortals, one with less than 2% and the next with less than half a percent shields; 'won/lost' a teamfight with us losing two and them losing one player, our three survivors basically full health and their four survivors get away with a sliver each. At least we got the third Immortal with almost full shields and stomped them. Looking at siege and hero damage, we should have completely dominated them; I guess I would have freaked out if we had lost this.

Also had a ~ 27 minute win where our Hanzo, who died only three times, having his level 1 quest progress at - take a guess - ZERO. Meaning he stacked a maximum of 9 redemption stacks (you lose three when dieing) within almost half an hour.

Deleted
    Interesting how the lost games in this thread are never the poster's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyllypaladin View Post
    Interesting how the lost games in this thread are never the poster's fault.
    That's because people generally don't post about the games where they were at fault. I don't either. I learn from them and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Why would you keep playing? It's almost never a good idea to keep playing after 2-3 losses in a row, especially if they're bad games. Even if you took a break after a few losses, if that happened again and you were at like 6 losses in a row for the day you should stop completely.

And never play HL on weekends.
    Because when I get to play the game, I wanna play it as much as I can in the limited time window I have.

I go to work where I do 12 hours shifts and on free days I practice drums, go to gym and train martial arts. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Because when I get to play the game, I wanna play it as much as I can in the limited time window I have.

I go to work where I do 12 hours shifts and on free days I practice drums, go to gym and train martial arts. Simple as that.
    I get that, but you're not gonna win by being tilted. Play some unranked if you're losing that much. Nothing wrong with wanting to climb, but forcing it will just end up losing you tons of points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That's because people generally don't post about the games where they were at fault. I don't either. I learn from them and move on.
    Maybe I should start chronicling my failures here.