10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Alexstraza's toolkit is at least functional, and doesn't have the glaring problems that Whitemane has,
    like mostly weak abilities with by far the worst case of mana gluttony out of any other character (Even
    Mages don't waste or use up their mana as fast as Whitemane), on top of having healing that is
    arguably as weak as Deckard Cain's, only Deckard at least brings a lot of utility, while she brings zilch.

As for hero choice, yes, Whitemane was a horrible choice. Out of about a thousand other characters
    in other games with a fuck ton more presence and impact.
    There is a build that "fixes" her mana issues. Also, if you run out of mana without this build - either your team takes too much unnecessary damage, or you've drafted wrong healer and should get something with more AoE output. Her mana is perfectly fine, it just requires you to pay attention and play it smart. Her healing output in general is really strong if you manage to land your abilities, she can keep players alive when most healers will require some sort of armour boost on target to do the same

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Clemency + High Inquisitor combo practically removes her mana issues though. She also has a couple of utility talents in cleanse and root - Deckard certainly has more utility options in total but Whitemane's isn't zero, and he can't cleanse which may be pretty important - and she absolutely can put out respectable healing numbers, plus Scarlet Aegis is quite potent. I'm not the biggest fan of hers but she's by no means bad.

So, agree to disagree I guess.
    Scarlet Aegis is borderline OP, it will save your whole team from AoE death combos of ults by simply pressing R,dropping W on top of clump of enemies and penance-ing some fool while laughing and everyone staying alive.

The problem is - she can't reliably top off players, so if you get poked hard you are kinda useless, but in teamfights her healing is astonishing
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I spoke too soon about the MM system not being a piece of shit. Right back to playing hop scotch
    with getting out of and getting right back to Demotion Game status.

We qualified for the playoffs in Heroes Lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Gratz and good luck in the playoffs!

No way! yusss grats sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Gratz and good luck in the playoffs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    No way! yusss grats sweetie.
    Thank you both! We just got sorted into our group for the playoffs, and we managed to avoid the group of death in our range.

https://heroeslounge.gg/eu-season-8/playoff/Rare%20Cup

I'm the token Danish guy on The Trying Dutchmen in group D.

I wonder how bad the QM population is these days. Got matched with a legit 0-point Bronze 5 earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how bad the QM population is these days. Got matched with a legit 0-point Bronze 5 earlier.
    If its anything like Ranked, I'd say pretty bad.

Got into such a losing streak that I finally got knocked down to Bronze. I hope anyone responsible for
    this MM system was among the personnel who lost their job at Blizzard, cause they sure deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    If its anything like Ranked, I'd say pretty bad.

Got into such a losing streak that I finally got knocked down to Bronze. I hope anyone responsible for
    this MM system was among the personnel who lost their job at Blizzard, cause they sure deserve it.
    MM system is horrible, but if you get in a losing streak and do nothing but blame it on something, you are probably part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    MM system is horrible, but if you get in a losing streak and do nothing but blame it on something, you are probably part of the problem.
    Depends on the cause of the loss streak. If it's because of griefers, there's not much you can do about it.

Depends on the cause of the loss streak. If it's because of griefers, there's not much you can do about it.
    Yeah, that's a fair point. The reason I say that is one of my old high school buddies will still get deflect blame onto other things when things start going bad, instead of looking at his own mistakes and seeing how he can be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Griefers are a constant, as well as players who draft very poorly.

Sadly, we did not make it into the playoff elimination round in Lounge, but we did go out fighting.

Awww, I absolutely loved the team name. Poor Danes. <3

*Insert obligatory last time Danes had power was Danegeld joke*

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, for the first time since I've been playing, got knocked all the way down to Bronze.
    A big shout out to the "incredible" matchmaking system for consistently pairing me with
    some truly "spectacular" and "skilled" players that fucked me over to get this rank.

In any game, you always hear about the dreaded "Bronze" rank. Horror stories of how
    its either the most toxic area, or that the "skill" of the players your with are so bad that
    they make the Easiest A.I. setting look like Grand Masters. I always took those stories
    with a grain of salt, but being trapped (literally) down here I see that the stories are
    100% true. It really is that bad down in Bronze.

It is virtually impossible to get out of this rank. Could probably play all day and make 0
    progress.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-03-24 at 08:18 PM.

Yeah last season I got dumped in Bronze after a streak of shitty games. Spent the whole season clawing my way back to Silver. I think I ended the season just below it.

Tonight I finished placement. All ten games were fucking horrible dogshit, I think I won maybe 2 of them and at least half were massively unbalanced matches against obvious smurf teams.

It gave me Gold 3. I haven't been in Gold for like two years. What the utter fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Quick Match is a shit show. Never met so many toxic players in my life.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-05-14 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Amen this shit, just had a game where someone started flaming me and to enjoy my ban for picking Abathur, meanwhile I was topping on hero damage and what not...

Turned my chat back on for ranked games, and I already regret it.
    Oh yeah, I disabled chat a while ago. I'm at the point where chat doesn't add anything to my gameplay that pings and looking at the minimap don't already do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another night of Ranked where I win one game, and then go on another losing streak and derank, then lose further
    games to the point where I would probably need to play all day to get back what I lost.

That is, if the game doesn't fuck me over, which it probably will, like it already has.

Just wanted to show how amazing is HotS matchmaking

Notice they aren't in party