Had my first game where a team failed to land a single kill.

Was kinda funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

For some reason I've been placed in Gold lately, where I usually start the season in Silver... but my Gold games are even worse than usual. Like, people won't even pick a tank level bad. Did they re-scale the system or something?

It's pretty miserable, honestly I don't know why they don't just 2/2/1 lock ranked like Overwatch or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I was comfortably floating around the same spot I placed at for most of the season so far, with around 50% win rate on average - until suddenly this massive losing streak no matter what I do, no end in sight and next loss drops me down to a lower league. What the actual fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    I was comfortably floating around the same spot I placed at for most of the season so far, with around 50% win rate on average - until suddenly this massive losing streak no matter what I do, no end in sight and next loss drops me down to a lower league. What the actual fuck.
    I have been -20 games on my win/loss this season. Longest streak was 9 losses in a row. I'm kinda getting back up where I started again though. Plus, I've been through this before. Last season it took me 419 games to get back above 50% winrate too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I have been -20 games on my win/loss this season. Longest streak was 9 losses in a row. I'm kinda getting back up where I started again though. Plus, I've been through this before. Last season it took me 419 games to get back above 50% winrate too.
    On the other hand it's nice to hear about someone else sharing your misery, but on the other that last bit's a tad dreadful cause I won't be able to put in nowhere near that many matches to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    On the other hand it's nice to hear about someone else sharing your misery, but on the other that last bit's a tad dreadful cause I won't be able to put in nowhere near that many matches to fix this.
    To me it looks like it's a combination of three things.

1: The December downsizing on the team. The entire upper tier of the playerbase left overnight, and a lot of good/decent players further down have left since then too.
    2: WoW Classic. Match quality dropped dramatically last month when it came out.
    3: Matchmaking parameters have been widened to a great extent. I'm seeing anywhere from mid-Plat to Diamond 1 in my games (I'm D5 currently) without any of them being in parties together.

I've historically picked different heroes for different skill levels in draft, if I've been able to deduce the likely skill-level the match was going to be played at. I can't do anymore since everyone is all over the place in their ranks now.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot a fourth thing. They removed the league limitation from parties of 2-4 players, and parties of 5 are no longer exclusively treated as a full team of the highest rated player's MMR. Groups of Master and Gold players are a thing yet again.

holy cow 419games! you must've grinded hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    holy cow 419games! you must've grinded hard.
    Something had to replace WoW for me.

Matchmaker crapped out a little bit, and I ended up in the most intelligent match I have played in the 5 years I've been playing Heroes. This one was an absolute joy to play.

Matchmaker crapped out a little bit, and I ended up in the most intelligent match I have played in the 5 years I've been playing Heroes. This one was an absolute joy to play.
    Johana and Anduin that must have been some thing o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Johana and Anduin that must have been some thing o.0
    I was Anduin. It was great.

"... in winning games." requirements for the events need to go. It's a sour feeling when you lose down to a wire and you can cheese it via vs. AI anyways.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Been playing Genji "reflect" build.

My enemies face the eternal dilema "To attack or not to attack Genji"
    Ive become a master to know when to deflect. A true mind game to the enemy.

I grew to like the playstyle...with genji every match is hard and requires you to be on top of your game.
    Oh and he doesnt do a lot of damage.

Been using X-trike ultimate to be even more evasive.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-10-02 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    "... in winning games." requirements for the events need to go. It's a sour feeling when you lose down to a wire and you can cheese it via vs. AI anyways.
    Agreed. Makes me wish Overwatch would do the same.

Been playing Genji non stop and was considering buying a new champion just to break the routine.
    NOTE: I have very little gold in Heroes, if i want a champion i need to buy them with real money

I open a chest and get this. WELP, i now have a new champion

I'm sitting on an 11% winrate for today's games. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting on an 11% winrate for today's games. Good times.
    Yeah, it's literally a game of, "Who will the MM system put me with that will fuck me over today?"

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Yeah, it's literally a game of, "Who will the MM system put me with that will fuck me over today?"
    It wasn't even the matchmaker freaking out, they were all D5 +/- 1 tier like me.

Man I like the new Junkrat. He's what an Assassin should be.

I love going Trap build on him, wrecks divers like Genji when they go into the back line, get chomped and silenced and die.

Dirty Trickster also makes people who stun rage. Had an ETC quit trying to stun me halfway through a game and picked Stage Dive because it was ruining his day.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

This season has been the worst. I don't know how many games I've lost due to troll picks, feeders, AFKers, and outright quitters, but it's a not-insignificant amount.