10+ Year Old Account
    3. The surrender option makes League worse. They also have a lot more room to make mistakes than this dev team.
    Evidently it being the highest played and still profitable MOBA would beg to differ.

And that hasn't stopped the team from being experimental despite their drastically reduced size, such as introducing Deathwing,
    towers auto-targeting players if they damage enemy heroes in their bases, and the gladiator's medallion. Introducing a surrender
    mechanic and seeing how it affects the game would be no different.

A comeback in this game is unbelievably common. It's not extremely rare and its not even 20-30%. HOTS has been a
    notorious game for absurd comebacks since its first alpha build. It takes just a couple staggered deaths or one bad engagement
    for an entire game to be turned around. Its not hard to do and it is way more common than you think
    Gonna have to agree to disagree right there, cause based on my gaming experiences, no, in fact HELL NO, is it ever
    "unbelievably common", not difficult, or more common.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Evidently it being the highest played and still profitable MOBA would beg to differ.

And that hasn't stopped the team from being experimental despite their drastically reduced size, such as introducing Deathwing,
    towers auto-targeting players if they damage enemy heroes in their bases, and the gladiator's medallion. Introducing a surrender
    mechanic and seeing how it affects the game would be no different.

Gonna have to agree to disagree right there, cause based on my gaming experiences, no, in fact HELL NO, is it ever
    "unbelievably common", not difficult, or more common.
    A dev team that puts in a shitty game mechanic doesn't mean the game is going to die. The surrender option makes League worse, its an awful mechanic. That doesn't mean the game is going to become a dead game. The highest played and more profitable game in a genre isn't flawless. WOTLK is regarded by most people as the best WoW expansion and that added things like LFD.

Anyone that isn't part of this crybaby mentality that give up when the first objective is lost understand how awful this would be to the game. In my thousands of games the number one killer for a team success that I have run into is people that give up and throw a fit when things start going south right away. I have had easily winnable games turn into loses because of teammates fighting amoung each other. A surrender option would only fuel that conflict creating more lost games. If you want a surrender option, just leave the game and let there be a bot on the team. I've had plenty of wins with a bot on my team, I have even seen a bot get MVP once. This is a rare occurrence as HOTS bots suck ass, but its better than fighting in team chat.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on comebacks, every time I play HOTS for more than 5+ games I will see at least one comeback. There are some maps that I know might very well end up with a comeback. Infernal Shrines, Battlefield of Eternity, and Towers of Doom are obscenely easy to have come backs on. IS and BOE literally only take one objective to turn the game around and win. TOD I've had a comeback while with one HP left on the core compared the enemies 36. From my experience this game is filled with comebacks out the ass, when the team doesn't start fighting amoung each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Anyone that isn't part of this crybaby mentality that give up when the first objective is lost understand how awful this would be to the game. In my thousands of games the number one killer for a team success that I have run into is people that give up and throw a fit when things start going south right away. I have had easily winnable games turn into loses because of teammates fighting amoung each other. A surrender option would only fuel that conflict creating more lost games. If you want a surrender option, just leave the game and let there be a bot on the team. I've had plenty of wins with a bot on my team, I have even seen a bot get MVP once. This is a rare occurrence as HOTS bots suck ass, but its better than fighting in team chat.
    Then they need to remove the leaver penalty, cause it is just not rewarding nor is it worth playing through an almost
    guaranteed loss if your team doesn't have the skill or teamwork (or both) and have already degraded into team fighting.

As a rule I don't tend to give up unless the writing is very clear on the wall if by at least 10 minutes in. If at 10 minutes
    my team is at least close to, or competitive with the other team, even if we don't get the 1st or even 2nd objective, it's
    still a winnable game.

But if we're getting literally shit-canned non-stop, and if I'm say, playing a low-dps character like Johanna and I am out
    dpsing Assassins known for high damage like Tassadar, Li Ming, Valla, etc. on my team and they have 1 or 0 kills, I'm
    sorry, but that game is basically 99% guaranteed a loss, and out of maybe 10 games of that nature, you're only winning
    maybe one or two, which isn't really worth trying at that point.

Then they need to remove the leaver penalty, cause it is just not rewarding nor is it worth playing through an almost
    guaranteed loss if your team doesn't have the skill or teamwork (or both) and have already degraded into team fighting.

As a rule I don't tend to give up unless the writing is very clear on the wall if by at least 10 minutes in. If at 10 minutes
    my team is at least close to, or competitive with the other team, even if we don't get the 1st or even 2nd objective, it's
    still a winnable game.

But if we're getting literally shit-canned non-stop, and if I'm say, playing a low-dps character like Johanna and I am out
    dpsing Assassins known for high damage like Tassadar, Li Ming, Valla, etc. on my team and they have 1 or 0 kills, I'm
    sorry, but that game is basically 99% guaranteed a loss, and out of maybe 10 games of that nature, you're only winning
    maybe one or two, which isn't really worth trying at that point.

The leaver penalty, if anything, should be made more extreme. Have you ever played a game that doesn't have leaver penalty? It's an absolute shit show. People will leave because the slightest thing goes wrong, not even a game ending mistake.

I have had more games than I can count on IE and BOE where my team or the enemy team is getting shit0canned non-stop, we're talking 20 minutes, the losing team has hardly any kills and hasn't gotten a single objective. Then they win a single team fight, take one objective and kill core. This happens so often it actually pisses me off and is part of why I don't like those maps. This is easily possible on every map, but these two are obscene with how easy it is.

I would argue that it's more rare to find yourself in an "impossible-to-win" game than it is to actually win that game.

Had a dominating game of supports randomly with Kharazim, Abathur and Morales. Had a 2-3 level lead and pumped Kharazim up with insane attack speed and him and Aba were chasing down and killing so many heroes. Noo one was able to put any lasting damage or burst on any of them. They even tried to team fight but Aba kept pressuring their lanes and we just kept delaying them and picking off anyone who over-extended.

It's also hilarious how fast his attack speed is with all those stacked on him.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-14 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaver penalty is about right IMO, it's not too much and neither is it something I particularly want to happen and then face trying to win 2+ games with other leavers for hours on end until I can play ranked again.

Btw, just saw this thread on reddit:

This is why I love this game. Comebacks are always possible as long as people are willing to cooperate and communicate. Kudos to my team for sticking it through.

I emphasise, the "as long as people are willing to cooperate and communicate" part. My team will be not talking at all but instead, running in one by one with the healer laning mid or something. I am so happy for you @Shaqthefat @Nerraw for having different experiences to the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Leaver penalty is about right IMO, it's not too much and neither is it something I particularly want to happen and then face trying to win 2+ games with other leavers for hours on end until I can play ranked again.

Btw, just saw this thread on reddit:

This is why I love this game. Comebacks are always possible as long as people are willing to cooperate and communicate. Kudos to my team for sticking it through.

I emphasise, the "as long as people are willing to cooperate and communicate" part. My team will be not talking at all but instead, running in one by one with the healer laning mid or something. I am so happy for you @Shaqthefat @Nerraw for having different experiences to the rest of us.
    Best advice I can give you is to play with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    I would argue that it's more rare to find yourself in an "impossible-to-win" game than it is to actually win that game.
    I seriously wish I could believe that, but experience has told me otherwise.

I seriously wish I could believe that, but experience has told me otherwise.
    And experience has told me otherwise as well.

When a hero stops and makes you seriously consider eating the leaver queue penalty and marks against your account rather than spend 15 minutes vsing them, you know you fucked up designing a Hero.

Looking at you Samuro.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So when is Bliz going to add an "Avoid player" feature like Overwatch has?

Because this game absolutely & DESPERATELY needs it.

Cause man nothing I love more than getting the same useless shitter on my team multiple
    games in a row, making me eat up undeserved losses and deranking me in the process. As
    if just winning a game with a competent team wasn't already a massive gamble already.

Cause man nothing I love more than getting the same useless shitter on my team multiple
    games in a row, making me eat up undeserved losses and deranking me in the process. As
    if just winning a game with a competent team wasn't already a massive gamble already.
    I think you can just block them and it won't put you with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think you can just block them and it won't put you with them.
    Nope, even blocked you'll still get paired with them.

They can't. Not with the current playerbase. It would make finding games even more impossible at fringe ranges and in the minor regions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They can't. Not with the current playerbase. It would make finding games even more impossible at fringe ranges and in the minor regions.
    So basically, Ranked cannot, nor will it ever be fixed and allow for any kind of enjoyment.

Damn.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not a fan of an Avoid Player feature, causes too many issues. If anything YOU should bear the brunt of longer queue times if you choose to avoid a player. In other words you cannot be put into a game until the avoided player's game has started, he/she should have priority over you. YOU chose to avoid him/her not the other way round. They might not like you either.

You're also affecting people's gaming experience just because you don't wanna queue with them. Plus you can end up with a network of people avoiding each other resulting in queue gridlock.

So basically, Ranked cannot, nor will it ever be fixed and allow for any kind of enjoyment.

Damn.
    Not unless the playerbase got some kind of sudden boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I'm not a fan of an Avoid Player feature, causes too many issues. If anything YOU should bear the brunt of longer queue times if you choose to avoid a player. In other words you cannot be put into a game until the avoided player's game has started, he/she should have priority over you. YOU chose to avoid him/her not the other way round. They might not like you either.

You're also affecting people's gaming experience just because you don't wanna queue with them. Plus you can end up with a network of people avoiding each other resulting in queue gridlock.
    Considering the players I've been paired with, I'm completely fine with this.