Poll: Should Blizzard allow more toggle options for armor?

Thread: Shoulder Armor

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    This is something that has bothered me since at least wrath...

The fact that blizzard makes shoulder armor increasingly big and full of graphics and doesn't give the option to toggle them on or off. Most games nowadays has this option, but blizzard flat out refuses.

I honestly think Blizzard should offer a toggle option for every piece of armor. Yes, there will be those that run around naked, but honestly they are few and far between in games that do allow this. The novelty really wears off quickly and people just enjoy the customization, creating some really unique looks.

Do you agree or disagree with blizzards stand on not offering any toggles for armor other than helm and cloak? Why?
    Quit yer crying, there's plenty of transmog available with very small models if you're into the "realistic" look. If you want no shoulders, don't wear shoulders.

Don't care to be honest, leaning more towards no than yes, mostly because I think majority of people would look completely silly and I would hate to see shoulder-less people running around thinking they look badass. Sure, there's a few transmog sets that would benefit from this, in fact one or two of my alts have a transmog that would look awesome without shoulders but in the long run? Waste of resources. I'm all for single-shoulder toggle though, even though I would most likely never use it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    This is something that has bothered me since at least wrath...

The fact that blizzard makes shoulder armor increasingly big and full of graphics and doesn't give the option to toggle them on or off. Most games nowadays has this option, but blizzard flat out refuses.

I honestly think Blizzard should offer a toggle option for every piece of armor. Yes, there will be those that run around naked, but honestly they are few and far between in games that do allow this. The novelty really wears off quickly and people just enjoy the customization, creating some really unique looks.

Do you agree or disagree with blizzards stand on not offering any toggles for armor other than helm and cloak? Why?

1) If you worked as long on shoulder models as the designers do, you wouldn't want it toggled off either.
    2) Transmog; use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Quit yer crying, there's plenty of transmog available with very small models if you're into the "realistic" look. If you want no shoulders, don't wear shoulders.
    You thought THAT was crying? You guys have a really fucking bizarre, judgmental outlook on this forum. Why in the world did you even come in here to post if this was your mindset on the matter? What are you aiming for?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoot View Post
    1) If you worked as long on shoulder models as the designers do, you wouldn't want it toggled off either.
    2) Transmog; use it.
    Sort of like helmets, right?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    You thought THAT was crying? You guys have a really fucking bizarre, judgmental outlook on this forum. Why in the world did you even come in here to post if this was your mindset on the matter? What are you aiming for?
    Less crying, duh. Get to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I would love that, esp shoulder armor. So many lovely cloth sets get ruined by derpy shoulder art (that doesn't serve a purpose for clothies anyway).

But only for slots that make sense like Shoulder, Belt or Gloves.
    No "hide chest to run around in bra" please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoot View Post
    2) Transmog; use it.
    1) Ever heard of "customization"? Also: Tons of shoulder less NPCs creating precedents.
    2) There is no Transmog option for invisible shoulders. It's hard enough to even find matching ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    But only for slots that make sense like Shoulder, Belt or Gloves.
    No "hide chest to run around in bra" please.
    Shoulders don't make any more sense. Transmog them to something innocuous or don't wear them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shoulders don't make any more sense. Transmog them to something innocuous or don't wear them.
    HELMETS don't make sense either.
    Your argument is void.

HELMETS don't make sense either.
    Your argument is void.
    I don't think people ought to be able to hide helmets either, so no it's not. Have a nice day imagining what's sensible and what other people are saying though.

What bothers me about shoulder armor is that they kind of just hover over the shoulders and on some models (Looking at you Undead) it's really really obvious and wicked uggo.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    What bothers me about shoulder armor is that they kind of just hover over the shoulders and on some models (Looking at you Undead) it's really really obvious and wicked uggo.
    Yup, the main reason why I cannot enjoy the current priest Tier set. The shoulders float very awkwardly.
    I might think differently if they actually went the extra mile and made them fit properly for every model.

Having a separate shoulder slot is stupid anyway.

Belts should be possible to hide, shoulders should get an option to show just left or right.
    Beyond that hiding would make no sense.
    I don't think people ought to be able to hide helmets either, so no it's not. Have a nice day imagining what's sensible and what other people are saying though.
    Hiding the helmet makes more sense than most of the helmets we got.

Would like toggle-able shoulders. Or an invisible shoulder piece for transmog at least?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Belts should be possible to hide, shoulders should get an option to show just left or right.
    Beyond that hiding would make no sense.
    I think a cloth caster with only one shoulder pad would look very weird.
    For them it's either both or none.

More customisation is always good, i will never understand why some people and even blizzard has that big fear to let people choose how they want to look in a videogame. If i want to tank with a gnome looking naked just with a pirate hat and a frying pan instead of a sword i should be able to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Would like toggle-able shoulders. Or an invisible shoulder piece for transmog at least?
    Wonder if it would be possible via texture edit.
    take an old model w/o glow effect and color the texture as transparent. What would happen?

take an old model w/o glow effect and color the texture as transparent. What would happen?
    Blizzards file checker would return it to normal and no change could be seen :/
    You might be able to do something like this with Tmorph...

Female Draenei new model was bugged until last build and it always had the shoulder hidden (with some other bugs such as bald and nude bug)... and it was great. Now she has a weird flying shoulder that looks really bad

I support this! I really feel this, as with most other of the hotbed debates in this game, can be settled with "optional is optional!" People cried up a storm when Blizz gave away Tyreal's charger with D3; How many of those do you see riding around? Sure there were tons for the first week, then people went back to their normal behavior.