Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    You do realize that 9 out of 10 WoW players never had more than 10k in their pockets at any given time?
    That was a sarcastic post targetting "Oh, farming money is ez, I farm 300k per day" type of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    From time to time I level dks to 85 and farm the shadowmourne chest. Over the course of the last year or so i finished 4 shadowmournes and 2 are still work in progress. Quite a decent side income.
    Do you have to be a DK to do this? How much income are we talking?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I've done it, but my friend sold the mount from the box for 100k. Tabard goes for at least that on most servers, and the other things aren't worth nearly as much. Although it's a fair investment in time to do the runs and level to 85-90 (whatever), you can probably get 200k for doing it.

I expect the price on such things to drop a lot in the expansion given how much easier soloing will be when fighting things that are much lower level than you. While it's not worth it to some to put time in to get the items, and they would rather just drop the gold to buy them, it's quite a bit less daunting when an ICC run takes less than 10 minutes as you take out each boss in 10 seconds.

I made a lot of gold this expansion by doing the treasure trove scenario every week on 3 characters when ToT was relevant. You could get up to 12-13 keys a week on EACH character if you did it correctly (more realistic to get get 6-7, given RNG). Basically I found times when nobody was on the island, would kill the rare spawns as quickly as possible and not loot the corpses. As soon as you loot a key the chance of getting a key after drops to a really low number, but if you leave the corpses up (they despawn in 15 minutes however) with keys on them, you can loot them one by one and assemble a lot of keys in a single week. The most I ever got was 9 on a single character, but you can (if you're lucky enough) get one off each rare spawn, one from a chest (gotta loot the chest before looting corpses) and if you're lucky find some off the few normal mobs you kill along the way. Gotta be quick though cause the rare spawns will despawn, even if they have loot on them after 15 minutes.

With a good idea of how to to the treasure run you can get a lot of gold in each run. Over a 3 month period, on those 3 characters I made like 150k on each character.

Right now we just sell SoO runs and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    That was a sarcastic post targetting "Oh, farming money is ez, I farm 300k per day" type of players.
    Good, good...
    The the hate flow..
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Deleted
    I still think that the most effective way to make gold is just by doing 25 dailies per day- you can rack up a serious amount of money for little effort if you are decent geared.

At the moment, most of my money comes from timeless isle- killing rares for pets, farming Emp shaohao rep and selling the stuff that drops from mobs, that kind of stuff.

I find that when im not thinking about farming gold and just doing achievements etc, then the money just piles in without me noticing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Last I checked, the mount was still going for 20k, and all the vanity items were 5k-ish.
    Oh lol. On my server, the mount is still going for ~100k, and the rest for at least 50k. Before the recent merge, you could have doubled the numbers.

Deleted
    I'm currently mostly farming Skyshards and sell every gray and green I get my hands on. The Gold from the Guo-Lai treasures also is a nice Bonus, as lots of keys drop. I take down every rare I come across while farming, too. Nice income though it's best to do that while watching a movie or something so you don't get bored

Deleted
    Selling enchants, gems, crafted mounts. Profit this year was about 400-500k/month. That is excluding time when I wasn't playing, like holiday breaks.

Gems and enchants:

Enchants: I simply put them on scrolls and sell those scrolls. At all times I maintain 20-40 of each scroll, posting 2-3 at a time. I keep large stash of enchanting materials in mailbox, usually about 30-40 mails with 12 stacks of dust/essences each. When people post scrolls at below or near price of materials I buy out their stash and relist it.

Gems: buying ore when its cheap, prospecting it (macro for prospecting + basic applescript that presses same key every 2 seconds make it fully automated). Cut rare gems, send common red, yellow and orange gems to alchemist alt to transmute rare gems. When I have too many uncommon gems of any color I also cut "perfect" versions of gems. I'm posting 3-4 gems of each type at a time, maintaining 2-3 stacks of cut gems.

Every few hours I check auction house to list new items. I do not cancel old auctions - add new ones instead. When competition gets rough, I reduce delay between checking AH from few hours to 10 minutes or take a break from posting.

I post on both factions on my realm - sending items to other side via neutral auction house for 2 copper per gem/scroll (requires 2 accounts). Neutral AH cut is 15% of buyout price. Deposit is returned. With 2 copper per gem/scroll its basically free. I do that from 2 computers: alliance alt in Booty Bay and horde alt in Tanaris. I buy out my items on other characters within 5 seconds after posting it and almost never post when there are other players nearby to minimize chance of getting items sniped. I got items sniped while transferring only once - something like 200g worth of scrolls so no big deal.

To transfer earnings back to alliance side I buy vendor materials for mounts on horde and send them to alliance main via neutral auction house. Also I scan horde auction house for cheap stuff that can be sold on alliance auction house for more money, buy them and resell on alliance side.

Mounts:

Also I'm making Vials of the Sands and JC mounts. Vials sell well when there is no competition, JC mounts not so much. I have full guild bank tab with stuff required to make it. Scanning auction house for cheap materials daily on both factions. From each vial I make about 5k profit. From time to time dupers dump large amount of vials on market at below price of materials, I buy few of them for resale and reduce prices to make sure other resellers sell their vials faster with little profit. Then increasing prices again.

To minimize competition I post mounts from 2 characters so others think there are multiple sellers and don't enter market. That worked very well for me - most of the time I'm the only seller.

Add-ons:

For posting/buying I use Auctionator. Minimum bid setting is set to 7% of buyout price. Default setting used by most competitors is 5% of buyout price. That way when sorting by bid (default in Blizzard's UI) my auctions come up first even if there are slightly cheaper auctions from competitors. Every time I post auctions I also check for cheap materials (for enchanting, vials and some items that I resell) using Auctionator's shopping list feature. I'm always posting auction only for 12 hours. Posting it for longer only increases deposit and won't help sell items - competitors will undercut anyway.

For checking mail I use Postal. Its a must have add-on that will get all your mail with just one click of button.

To make all those goods you need characters with jewelcrafting, alchemy (with transmutation spec) and enchanting. To make vials your alchemist should also spend time farming archeology to get recipe. Also second alchemist with flasks spec helps a lot when making vials of sands because it requires many flasks. To make mounts your jewelcrafter needs to have rep with cloud serpent (BoA tokens for rep are dropped by Huolon on Timeless Island).
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2014-07-29 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Selling enchants, gems, crafted mounts. Profit this year was about 400-500k/month.
    That's very industrious of you but ... my nausea limit for daily gold grinding in the AH kicks in around 200k/month. >1hr/day fiddling with auctions and crafting is just not sustainable for long for me.

Maintaining 1200 or so mostly transmog auctions is about as much of that as I can stand if I have to do it every day for a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now, farming Anzu on 6 characters daily, and selling all the junk I pick up in there. Sell the netherweave and ore, vendor the soulbound stuff on non-enchanters, DE stuff and sell the shards on enchanters.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2014-07-29 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Selling gold challenge mode carries. Each of us makes 20k per run, takes just under two hours. I call that pretty decent.
    Not all of us are lucky enough to have even done challenge modes... for me I find that not spending money is the best way to make it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clivegasm View Post
    I'm currently mostly farming Skyshards and sell every gray and green I get my hands on.
    I did that for a year and got THREE... just THREE. Not sure how I can make money from THREE skyshards

I've never been too good at making gold, but at the end of Cata I pretty much started dumping all of my trade goods (ores, gems, flasks, pots, etc) that I had stockpiled for raiding on alts, etc, during the expansion. It doesn't make as much as consistently making and selling stuff throughout the expansion, but it nets a pretty good income. I also tend to use end of expansion time to max tradeskills and max alts that were neglected, so they bring in income from rare drops / tradeskill stuff that I can sell cheap, etc. I ended Cata with around 70k gold on my account total, and at the beginning of MoP I made a killing selling mats and Darkmoon cards. That has lasted me throughout the whole expansion without having to ever sell anything on the AH, except for the occasional rare drop. So now that MoP is winding down, I'm doing the same thing; clearing out all of my mains and alts banks, and maxing out new toons and tradeskills and dumping everything onto the AH at a cheaper price.

I should point out that you don't have to be an AH wiz to make decent money off the auction house. I purposely toss all my stuff on the AH cheap without gaming it because I know that people will either buy it because it's the first option, or that AH players will buy it to flip it. I have no problem with people making more money than me off my own items, so long as I get a cut of it and am making significantly more than it is costing me. That's not to say that I purposely tank the economy just to get my stuff sold, but I don't try to game the AH by a certain price, and I don't try to flip anything that is lower priced.
    Last edited by IxilaFA; 2014-07-30 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    make about 1 LW leg enchant a day (and if i havent gathered a spirit, just a pristine hide) which sell for about 250-300g (or if hide 95-135g)
    + what ever else i tend too bump into that can be sold.

used to bother with my farm also, but i haven't been doing that for months now.

Selling engineering stuff I don't need, LFR runs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    You do realize that 9 out of 10 WoW players never had more than 10k in their pockets at any given time?
    Best thing about stats is 90% of the time they're a complete lie...oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    if u have starting capital and know in what to invest its piss easy to make decent gold from AH from just puting in 25-20 minutes everyday - i dont do it too often cause its tedious and boring like fuck but when i do play AH im geting decent resoults of 10-30k/day while puting in 10-15 minutes - the hardest part is always geting starting funds but if u have 50-100k then multiplying it is very easy if u only have basic knowledge what to buy cheap and sell expensive.

atm my main source of making gold is selling flex runs with guildies but i mainly do it as social/beer aspect of ts its very ineffective gold/hour compare to what u could achieve from playing AH, but its still 5k /30 minutes for every memeebr since we always take 5-6 boosites at the same time due to all memebrs of boost team being 587+

beside this since i have crafting proffs on all of my 11 chars its giving me 60-70k monthly just from logging to them everyday and doin this 1 craft/day (people are vastly undeestimate oldschool crafting its very decent gold just in longer time-period not imidiate gain but if u play nearly non stop in like 1-2 year radious the gold income from it is horrendously huge)

its liek with hunting for shop discounts just few weeks ago i met this strange moment when there were literlay non cloak crit enchants on AH and i inflated their price from usual 4 gold to 100g a piece for few days just by disenchanting crystals and puting in few stacks of them before people flooded AH back with them i made decent 5-6k - 2 minutes of work 6k profit - if people would hunt stuff liek this for 30-40 minutes a week they would never worry about gold in game - but since peopel are lazy its their problem
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-08-28 at 12:28 PM.

I personally do not farm or make gold. Find it really boring. I have enough for my need and I am happy with that. The only time I had to farm gold was for the 1st 5k on the 1st char way back for the faster flying training.

10+ Year Old Account
    farming stonecore normal up to fozruk atm with potion of treasure finding. i am farming the vitreous drake at the same time so this is a win x 2 situation for me. ( if you already have the drake, grim batol is much better )

net yields may vary but generally i complete the run in under 6 minutes with 35-40g plus a bazillion of grays / greens / blues and a trillion of embersilk cloth plus a million of various volatile elemental stuff. i don't bother including and beyond fozruk because it is not worth the effort.

in about 40 - 45 minutes my bags become full and when i vendor everything ( excluding cloths and volatiles ) i generally get 700 - 900g excluding the actual gold drops. all in all, it is safe to say that while farming for a mount i earn 1500 - 1700g / an hour. not bad in my book.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Not really making any. I have about 40k across all characters, more than enough.

I still have yet to get all the Pandaren reps to exalted, so I'm doing all the dailies / rep grinds for those out of boredom to get the achievements. You can make some pretty decent gold doing all the dailies and get some good mats while doing the Tillers stuff. I'm also a blacksmith, so I'm doing the Trillium CD every day and selling the crafted belts. Those are really nice pieces for people who are trying to gear up quickly. I can get about 2500G per belt on my server if I manage to sell them.

I'm also in the process of pushing a couple of alts from 85-90. You can get a nice amount of gold from quest rewards and vendor trash between 85-90.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-28 at 02:05 PM.