PvP Gear Viability

Hey All!

My question is this: with the removal of certain stats in WoD, specifically hit rating, do we know how that will affect the viability of PvP gear in PvE situations? For example, if my caster is 550 ilvl in full Prideful Gladiator PvP gear, I'm still woefully below the PvE hit cap because there's no reason to have that much hit in PvP. Once they remove hit rating from the game, will similar gear suddenly become more useful in PvE?

I apologize if this has already been discussed extensively. I've looked around both here and on the official forums and couldn't find anything that specifically addressed this, but it's always possible that I missed something.

Thanks!
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Special thanks to Visenna for the sig!

You could've just reforged when doing PvE content and then reforged back after... a lot of addons allow you to even safe profiles for this sorta thing. So no, for most people theres no difference in that regard other than a few gold saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

That doesn't answer my question at all...lol

I'm not asking about current options on how to improve hit rating. I'm well aware of how to do that. I'm wondering about how the removal of hit rating in WoD will affect the need to have exclusive PvE and PvP gear sets.

reforge getting removed in wod to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadowshax View Post
    That doesn't answer my question at all...lol

I'm not asking about current options on how to improve hit rating. I'm well aware of how to do that. I'm wondering about how the removal of hit rating in WoD will affect the need to have exclusive PvE and PvP gear sets.
    Well the simple answer (why you can't find it) is because it doesn't, because on live people reforged. There is no difference, your gear is going to operate like the ilvl it shows in PvE just like it does now, and you wont even have to worry about hit/expertise caps (which you didnt seem to manage)

That's all there is to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Holymoocow View Post
    reforge getting removed in wod to.
    Exactly...no more reforging in WoD, and no more hit rating at all. Does this mean that PvP gear will be viable for PvE, or do we not know yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since PvP gear is the same in PvE, except for perhaps a lower itemlevel, there is no difference with the removal of hit except for what Raiju already said about reforging to hit cap. Just pick whatever piece of gear is the highest itemlevel for PvE and off you go!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fadowshax View Post
    Exactly...no more reforging in WoD, and no more hit rating at all. Does this mean that PvP gear will be viable for PvE, or do we not know yet?
    PvP gear has been viable in PvE for the entirety of MoP because of the removal of Resilience and PvP Power from the PvE stat budget. It will continue to be viable, assuming the itemlevel of your PvP pieces are competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post

PvP gear has been viable in PvE for the entirety of MoP because of the removal of Resilience and PvP Power from the PvE stat budget. It will continue to be viable, assuming the itemlevel of your PvP pieces are competitive.
    That's not strictly true, because hit rating still exists in MoP. While all of the other stats on PvP gear are viable, staying in non-reforged PvP gear leaves you way below the hit cap (at least, as a caster), which gimps you in PvE encounters. It seems like you are answering my question by saying that the removal of hit rating in WoD will make PvP gear more viable in PvE, but I'm not 100% sure that's what you're saying based on this comment...