Poll: Which side?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Exclamation Horde? Or Alliance? The Ultimate Question!

Title says it all. Horde! Or Alliance? *Spits*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Facts? What are... the facts...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    NO! You know what the Alliance is? It's... filth. A sess pit of racist Draenei and Nelves, radical Light loving humans who present themselves as the saviors of the world and give not-so-subtle hints to the other races for compensation... Dwarves who sit around and drink beer all day... and Gnomes who believe science is the solution to all the worlds problems. The Alliance... which believes in their precious little Light! An Alliance full of prideful...self deluded, self-righteous BIGOTS who can't TOLERATE the other races of this world and their ideals!

But then... you look over to the Horde... and they take in all comers as long as the prove themselves honest and capable... the Orcs; enslaved and brutally beaten for trying to find a new home they could survive in. Trolls and Shu'halo, who because they have different beliefs and methods, the almighty Alliance frowns upon. Goblins... whose shady mistakes in the past by the few, the Alliance holds against all Goblinkind. Forsaken...the very family of the Alliance who were outcast just because of was done to them! They weren't even given a chance to reintegrate into society. And elve; the Alliance shys away from because they use unrivaled magics which the Alliance doesn't understand, and they fear.

And when one, visionary orc who goes mad all because he was plagued by the one question of his life: did his father ever love him, they put him up as a symbol of what the Horde is and use him to demonize the Horde!

Damn the Alliance!

*Goes back to massacring orcs at the mercy of the Skyfire's gyrobombers*
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hm? Oh! Yes. Your side?

Deleted
    Alliance because I just like them more. Plus I like playing the underdog.

It's not a preference for me, but pragmatics.

I enjoy Random BG PvP - Horde is better at random BGs than Alliance, so therefore Horde.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins > You

Therefore, Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lok'tar, Friend.

Horde is the true faction. Alliance is too evil for my tastes.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Lok'tar, Friend.

Throm'ka, friend. Horde for me

I don't think I've ever had an Alliance character past level 11 or so, in my eight years of playing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm alliance at heart sadly I've been horde longer than alliance it seems, but that will change in WoD, I'll be coming home

Quote Originally Posted by Kloun View Post
    Goblins > You
    I second this. also moral ambiguity, yeaaaaaaa.

I like both factions , but I am horde right now
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlous View Post
    Alliance because I just like them more. Plus I like playing the underdog.
    the horde is the underdog, alliance nations were so smug to them at first ( they came as invaders, but still :P)

never forget the camps !

FOR THE HORDE
    Last edited by A Dark Knight; 2014-07-28 at 06:34 AM.
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on realm. Both sides have their scum. Lore-wise I go Alliance for their curiosities and peaceful environment. Horde tend to have players with good humor.

I dislike savagery (much like Horde chant). It's not chaotic but simply a lack of intelligence and a pride whoredom (Scourge being the exception). To each their own.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2014-07-28 at 06:37 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prefer Alliance in General and love to see them play well. Also my Guild and Friends are there, so I play that Faction currently.
    However, I have almost as many Horde Alts (not at the same level, but numbers wise), and have begun to like the Faction again.

I love Alliance, but I seem to avoid doing Random BGs like the plague on Alliance, and am slowly levelling Horde Alts to PVP with. Experiences with each Faction make me say Horde whenever PVP is involved.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    the horde is the underdog, alliance nations were so smug to them at first ( they came as invaders, but still :P)

never forget the camps !

FOR THE HORDE
    You're right. The camps were terrible. The Humans should have just executed all of the Orcs en masse.

You are evil in heart? You would betray your country in a war? Horde is for you.
    Girls don't like you? Here you can be the bull of the village! You are emo? Finally, you can be dead here. You are weak? Be a green monster, here you can bully the weak. You are greedy? Be a goblin. Do you like sabertooth-monkeys? Go troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    That's cute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post

never forget the camps !

FOR THE HORDE
    I think you meant to say that horde WERE the underdog a long ass time ago. Game wise, I've never been on a server where horde don't outnumber the alliance. Lore wise, they haven't been the underdogs since Cata.

Alliance. May their light never fade.

Tauren are the only race on the horde that isn't straight up evil. They are so dramatically different from the other members of the horde, one wonders how they can choose to remain a part of the horde. I mean yeah thrall saved cairne's kid a long time ago and all, but after all the shit the horde has done before (even if tauren didnt care about before) and SINCE then, I just don't see how they can continue to be a part of it. Pandas never would've allied with the war mongering horde either. Even the extremist panda didn't share horde ideals, not by a long shot, and even admitted he was wrong to have sided with them eventually.

It's ok to want to play the bad guys and be the evil races or whatever, cause thats what people do in RPGs, you just pick whatever you wanna pick, but I get so tired of people trying to dress up all the BS the horde has done and either write it off as individual actions, rogue factions, under the influence, whatever. Horde are monsters. It's all they ever were and all they ever will be.

Thrall originally in Warcraft 3 seemed to want to do the right thing and turn the horde into a peaceful thing, have orcs return to shamanistic roots and away from demonic crap that enslaved and nearly destroyed their race, etc. But then when WOW rolls around it's like NOP gotta have warlocks on horde too cause lulz faction balance and warlocks are cool, and oh yeah we need someone for alliance to fight so horde aren't allowed to be peaceful or return to their roots, instead they have to be mad aggressive and constantly crave war.

Horde "could" have been a decent faction with a different set of ideals and philosophies than alliance and exist in shades of grey, but that isn't how it happened. Instead they are straight up evil. It's a shame really. I mean I get the game needs class balance, the designers want to force alliance vs horde to give pvpers an excuse to kill each other all the time (as if they need an excuse) and all that crap, but if you're going to turn one faction evil how about MAN UP about it and let them be full blown evil instead of trying to pass them off as "honorable warriors" or whatever other BS. It was the same crap I hated about star trek, you had war mongering klingons that wanted to kill basically everyone, would betray anyone and each other, kill each other just for power and no other reason, and have this shit happen all the time then every once in a while you get an episode where they try to paint them as a different culture, one that respects honor and tradition and strength and all that (sound familiar?) then usually in the same bloody episode you have half the klingons breaking their own traditions, violating their own honor, betraying people, doing things they consider honorless, etc. It's absolutely disgusting. Man up about it already. And people who "want to believe" horde isn't evil always come up with the same canned justifications for it and examples of why they aren't and etc, but it's just the same star trek BS all over again. You can have 100 quests that talk about how honorable the horde is, but it's all just meaningless words when the rest of the quests out there and established lore indicate the exact opposite.

It's like getting caught obviously killing and stealing but you say you weren't killing or stealing despite the fact you obviously were. Then horde supporters pop up and use their words as evidence and completely ignore their actions. Words vs actions. Horde claim to not be evil, their actions tell a different story.

Anyway, all that aside, i've played horde primarily since TBC mainly because it's where most of the good raiders are and it makes for getting good groups easier. There's garbage people on both factions but in my experience at least you're more likely to find better players on horde than alliance just as a general rule. I don't really care that i'm playing the bad guys and evil faction because their storytelling is so convoluted, contradictory and at times just nonsensical that it makes the lore in this game pointless to bother with anyway. Don't even get me started on killing the shit out of everyone all the way through Siege until we get to garrosh and having us beat the fuck out of him using old god powers and shit (which should be the equivalent of a war crime, as if he wasn't guilty of enough of those anyway) and yet we .... dont... kill him...? THE FUCK? Oh right. Gotta do stupid, uncharacteristic bullshit that would never happen in any universe except Disney and Blizzard where we spare the live of the ultimate bad guy to "put him on trial" instead of lopping his dirty head off right then and there just like we did to everyone else on the way to get to him. Blizzard's storytelling is crap. They could've introduced other ways to justify our time travel but non-time travel expansion (another ridiculous design) without doing something so ludicrous.

I mean shit, horde races have more dungeons themed after them than ANYTHING in this game BECAUSE they are all so inherently evil.
    How many orc and troll raids and 5-man dungeons have existed since vanilla? How many orc and troll raids will exist in WOD? I mean we have a full expansion about killing more orcs right after finishing our last expansion of killing orcs. Yet people will still pop up and say orcs aren't evil. We just have to kill virtually all of them all the damn time because... ?

But I digress.

The question has never been Horde or Alliance. The questions have always been "Which faction do your friends play" or "Which faction has the best raiders?"
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-07-28 at 08:15 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Literally this decision is 100% based on racials and what the races look like for me. Who the fuck has pride over a fictional video game faction? It's the strangest thing, especially when people resort to physical violence over it (like what happened at Blizzcon to an Alliance player).

Alliance so my Druid can look pretty (and wish those filthy Orcs stayed out of Night Elves' forests).

Also I always liked long-living races, so I love Draenei. Plus they have a sexy butt.